2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Thwomp! said:

They also play the NFC West next year and have the Rams at home.

They play the NFC central next year. The Rams game is the added 17th game vs a non conference opponent and it’s in LA because we played that game at home his year vs Washington. In 2023, we will play the extra game at home vs. an NFC South team; most likely that division champ because we will win the AFCE again in ‘22. 

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

They play the NFC central next year. The Rams game is the added 17th game vs a non conference opponent and it’s in LA because we played that game at home his year vs Washington. In 2023, we will play the extra game at home vs. an NFC South team; most likely that division champ because we will win the AFCE again in ‘22. 

was referring to KC and potential openers

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The Bills need to move on from Edmunds and draft a better linebacker. He is bad in coverage and he isn't great in the run game or on blitzs. 

If it was the end of the Superbowl, I might actuall take Edmunds out there and put Josh in as the mlb.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:23 PM, Taro T said:

Not blaming the loss on the coin flip, but THAT was the only difference between these 2 teams.

These teams were dead even through 15 minutes, 30 minutes, & again at 60 minutes.

Give Allen another crack at it in OT & they're likely dead even through 75 minutes as well.  Neither QB was going to be stopped once it mattered.  Watching it "live" (well, actually about 30 minutes delayed to avoid the scourge of commercials) wondered if McDermott would go for 2 to force KC to go the full field in 13 seconds.  In hindsight ...

Officiating as well.

That BS ticky tack holding call before the half not only extended a drive where we stopped them on 3rd down, allowing them to tie it up, but also set the tone on how our DBs were going to be allowed to defend for the entire second half, right down to the final pass.

It's not the blatent no call, or the ghost call that brings a play back, that pisses me off about NFL officiating. This is the real way they affect the outcomes of games.

Edited by SwampD

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What I don't understand is how the Bills are going to play KC in KC again next season? 

As @Randall Flagg explained, the league rotates all the non-division games.  So that this round of AFC East vs AFC North has AFCE 1 at AFCW 1 and AFCE 1 home to AFCS 1.  In 3 years, those will be flipped.

Bills were at Chiefs last year as part of the AFCE vs AFCW full division rotation.  In 2023 KC will be in Buffalo for that rotation.  Vegas will be the other AFCW team the Bills host that year w/ visits to Denver & LA Lite.

Bills were at Chiefs this year because w/ this cycle of AFCE vs AFCS, AFCE 1 hosted AFCN 1 (Steelers) & traveled to AFCW 1 Chefs).  That will flip in '24. 

So, IF Buffalo & KC keep winning their divisions, Buffalo will host the next 3 RS matchups.

Edited by Taro T

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

0-6 in 1 score games yet we want to keep the coordinators here. Especially the defensive coordinator. 

6-1 last year vs a tougher schedule with the same coordinators. McD and Frazier certainly screwed the pooch Sunday night, but we should also give some credit to the Chiefs, too. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

It really is a tough one.  I can see the arguement for both.

If you miss on the 2 point convert a FG for the Chiefs and the Bills lose by 1 on the final play.  You make it you take away the FG tie with 13 seconds left.

If I was McD ... I'd kick the extra point, BUT ... I would play so tight D for those 13 seconds ... two plays realistically and 10 seconds for the Chiefs to get into FG range and then try the kick.  I would not have given them an inch in those 2 plays.  This was not week 5.  What the hell were the Bills trying to prevent in those 10 seconds?

And for those saying that if the Bills had beaten the lowly Jags and hosted the game ... I understand the point, but IMO home field meant nothing on Sunday.

If they take the 1 EP, as we've seen, the way Mahomes was clicking, the game almost certainly ends up in OT where the team winning the toss has been 10-1 in the playoffs since the format change in '10 or '12 (pretty sure playoffs changed in '12, maybe that's backwards).  So, there's close to a 50/50 chance of winning.  Probably slightly over as the Chefs chance of a FG is <100% but also w/ a ridiculously small chance of a TD.

If they go for 2, it's essentially 4th & goal from the 2.  The Bills have been nearly unstoppable on 4th down down the stretch.  The Sanders drop in the end zone in the game in Cheats land is the only miss that immediately springs to mind.  So, now there's, what, a 2/3's (maybe better?) chance of being up by 4.  The Chefs chances of getting a TD 75 yards away in only 3 plays is small.  So, there's now roughly a 67%-70% chance of winning if the Bills go for 2 (67% chance of having close to 100% chance of winning & a 33% chance of having a slightly non zero % chance of winning failing the 2 pointer, figure what, a 10% chance of stopping a FG drive, maybe only 5%?).  That seems a lot better than just over a 50% chance of winning - 5-10% of winning in regulation & 50% in OT.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

If it was the end of the Superbowl, I might actuall take Edmunds out there and put Josh in as the mlb.

Officiating as well.

That BS ticky tack holding call before the half not only extended a drive where we stopped them on 3rd down, allowing them to tie it up, but also set the tone on how our DBs were going to be allowed to defend for the entire second half, right down to the final pass.

It's not the blatent no call, or the ghost call that brings a play back, that pisses me off about NFL officiating. This is the real way they affect the outcomes of games.

Can Jacksonville give us their Josh Allen?😁

The Bills are pretty deep. What position does everyone think needs to be upgraded to take the next step?

I think they need to decide about Edmunds. Do you commit big dollars to him or move on and draft or sign an impact linebacker. 

The O Line came together which helped the run game.  Do they add another impact O Lineman in the first couple rounds or a big run blocker on the d line?

I think they are in pretty good shape at the skill positions with Davis and Knox developing and a young burner like Stevenson waiting in the wings.

Do they want to replace Moss with a bigger more physical back.

It will be an interesting offseason.

Edited by Flashsabre

Scenario:

Instead of assuming responsibility, McClappy threw his defensive players under the bus, blaming execution.  Let's say he's lost the defense... bad enough that the Pegulas cut bait and clean house, coaching-wise.

So who do they hire?

Belichick.  No other coach could more reliably delivery a Super Bowl victory to the Bills.

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Scenario:

Instead of assuming responsibility, McClappy threw his defensive players under the bus, blaming execution.  Let's say he's lost the defense... bad enough that the Pegulas cut bait and clean house, coaching-wise.

So who do they hire?

Belichick.  No other coach could more reliably delivery a Super Bowl victory to the Bills.

That caught my ear, too. I'm still waiting for a good explanation as to what went wrong on the two plays. Jerry Sullivan tried, writing about the secondary playing too deep and a pointless four-man rush — pointless, given how quick Mahomes had to get rid of the ball and how slippery he is. I don't see how either of those points goes to execution.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

That caught my ear, too. I'm still waiting for a good explanation as to what went wrong on the two plays. Jerry Sullivan tried, writing about the secondary playing too deep and a pointless four-man rush — pointless, given how quick Mahomes had to get rid of the ball and how slippery he is. I don't see how either of those points goes to execution.

Watch a freaking replay already.  It's thirteen seconds of football.  Then you can give us all the negativity that you desparately want to give.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Watch a freaking replay already.  It's thirteen seconds of football.  Then you can give us all the negativity that you desparately want to give.

I missed this. You were good for awhile. Try again. Sometimes it takes more than one attempt.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They gave the Chieves no resistance at all.  They gave them all the room in the world.  Was that the players all playing that deep?  Or was it coaching?

Coaching is to blame for the close games. Half of them wouldn’t have been close if the playcalling all game wasn’t stupid. The other half was dumb decisions after another down the stretch. Players mostly executed above average all season barring the o line and edmunds trying to stop a pass.

Only winning when we were too far ahead for coaching to matter?  That’s telling on the coaches. The roster was more than enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

They gave the Chieves no resistance at all.  They gave them all the room in the world.  Was that the players all playing that deep?  Or was it coaching?

Every team in the league plays the stupid prevent D that allows teams to do it. It’s endemic 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.