2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

The coaching staff threw up all over themselves for 13 fckng seconds. This will go down as the the worst loss in Bills history. Everything was lined up to win their first Super Bowl and they would have done it for sure. Norwood missing wide right was #1 until now. The players did not lose this game, coaching did. 3 monumental, inexcusable coaching decisions in the last 13 seconds just robbed this city of its first championship.

Allen's contract kicks in next year, players will be lost in FA and the AFC will be that much harder next year, aside from the Chiefs still being at the top. Make no mistake, THIS was the year and those 13 seconds will be remembered more than wide right when it is all said and done. This coaching staff will never win the Super Bowl, ever. My hear bleeds for this city and the players. Not only did an unbelievable memory get ripped out from the loss last night, the thought of what could have been will be worse.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Only 9 players in NFL history have 200+ receiving yards in a playoff game. 7 of them were on the winning team.  The two losers?  Moulds in '99 and Davis last night.  Because Buffalo?

Well, yeah because Buffalo but also because Davis is the future of their passing game. He's got some serious game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Joshua Patrick Allen you are on bad ***** and I'll ride with you for life! 

Truly an amazing specimen.  If anyone still had doubts after this season (his previous 4 playoff games ranged from mediocre to decent), these had to have been put to bed over the last two games.

11 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Only 9 players in NFL history have 200+ receiving yards in a playoff game. 7 of them were on the winning team.  The two losers?  Moulds in '99 and Davis last night.  Because Buffalo?

And only one has four receiving touchdowns in a playoff game ... Davis last night.  Because Buffalo (and that thing about him being the future.)

11 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I love McD, but it has to be said:  a Belichick team would never, EVER have played super-soft D on Hill and Kelce and given them those huge cushions with 13 seconds left.

Given how well KC was playing, it might not have mattered, but that and the kickoff were possibly catastrophically poor heat-of-the-moment decision making.  

Yes. If I hear we lost because of the GD coin toss once more, I’m going to punch a wall.

The offensive and defensive play calling from 13 seconds left into OT were atrocious.

Especially the D

57 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Has anyone ever put together 8 consecutive quarters of playoff football than Josh just did?

Not rhetorically, but seriously?

Sad that performance doesn't get a chance to be remembered that way.

Not in the playoffs

• Thanks (+1) 1

We lost every 1 score game this season including this one and it wasn’t from players choking. It was entirely playcalling. 

I hope both Frazier and Daboll find new homes. Our team is successful despite them. 

Im so glad Allen didn’t get torn up for that dumb throw to Singletary which would have given him reason to doubt himself. Allen is our team. 

Offense was too conservative mid game with multiple 3 and outs. I don’t care about the setup when a team loses their star safety early in the game you gun it. Instead they tried running it to no avail for three straight wasted drives. Cost us the game. 

Defense couldn’t make a stop once it counted. They preyed on bad QBs all season and only looked good against KC and Pats this season because of turnovers.  Mahomes forced nothing and didn’t have the turnovers and rocked them. 

13 seconds I’ll blame the coaching. Inexcusable.

Defense bailed out the offense all season until they finally go in the groove in the Bucs game. But they fell apart once it mattered because of overly conservative coaches asking to lose. Silly. 

Enjoyable ride. Refs pissed me off mightily 1st quarter there were a dozen holds on Oliver and they gifted KC that one TD,but they kept their whistles away rest of the game thank god. 

Next decade is looking bright for Buffalo and just like last season the biggest mistake they can make is keeping with their coordinators. Our talent is winning despite them. 

4 hours ago, Weave said:

We witnessed, arguably, the best football game ever played.  That was two unstoppable forces.  Both of those offenses made the opposing defense look flawed.  

Hearns vs Hagler.  Last guy to connect with a haymaker was gonna win.  KC won the toss.  If Allen were given the opportunity to touch the ball again they might still be playing at 7am this morning.

I genuinely think we are in “be careful what you wish for” territory.  The D kept this offense in the game, and the offense provided two knock out blows that would have demoralized any other QB and team in the league.  KC is just marginally better.  But the margin is razor thin.

We are likely to lose our OC and I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose our DC as well.  I don’t think we are quite as good next season with those replacements.

Enjoy what you all witnessed.  That was a once in a lifetime game.

2 weeks in a row, we witnessed a "once in a lifetime game."  It's good to have "Wrong" Josh.

Just hoping he doesn't end up Mahomes' Manning.  Don't expect he will.  And, could actually see this team taking a page from the '71 & '72 Fishies book.  The way '71 ended got that team focused to the point of not overlooking nor underestimating any opponent the following year.  Overlooking Jacksonville cost this team the ability to FINALLY host a Mahomes Allen battle.  Really don't see them repeating that mistake.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Josh Allen did not lose to the Chiefs but the Bills did. 

You're right, but this line of thinking bugs me. It's too much "Rasmus Dahlin is a God, the Sabres are wasting him." I can't separate players from the team. I don't want to be Dahlin fan or an Allen fan.

43 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

The coaching staff threw up all over themselves for 13 fckng seconds. This will go down as the the worst loss in Bills history. Everything was lined up to win their first Super Bowl and they would have done it for sure. Norwood missing wide right was #1 until now. The players did not lose this game, coaching did. 3 monumental, inexcusable coaching decisions in the last 13 seconds just robbed this city of its first championship.

Allen's contract kicks in next year, players will be lost in FA and the AFC will be that much harder next year, aside from the Chiefs still being at the top. Make no mistake, THIS was the year and those 13 seconds will be remembered more than wide right when it is all said and done. This coaching staff will never win the Super Bowl, ever. My hear bleeds for this city and the players. Not only did an unbelievable memory get ripped out from the loss last night, the thought of what could have been will be worse.

I'm not sure the kick mattered much. A different kick, what if it had gone wrong? Out of bounds, off a Chief at their 40, long return, what would we be saying? As for the two defensive plays, I'd like to hear the explanation for play call vs. execution. Why isn't it on the players? I'll listen and hang up.

51 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Joshua Patrick Allen you are on bad ***** and I'll ride with you for life! 

Umm, yeah. Even my gimlet eye can't find anything wrong with the guy.

37 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yes. If I hear we lost because of the GD coin toss once more, I’m going to punch a wall.

The offensive and defensive play calling from 13 seconds left into OT were atrocious.

Especially the D

What was wrong with the offensive play calling after the Bills took the lead?

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You're right, but this line of thinking bugs me. It's too much "Rasmus Dahlin is a God, the Sabres are wasting him." I can't separate players from the team. I don't want to be Dahlin fan or an Allen fan.

I'm not sure the kick mattered much. A different kick, what if it had gone wrong? Out of bounds, off a Chief at their 40, long return, what would we be saying? As for the two defensive plays, I'd like to hear the explanation for play call vs. execution. Why isn't it on the players? I'll listen and hang up.

Good point. Should have squibkicked it. Or at least kicked it short of the endzone.

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Kelce said today that after he saw the Bills defensive formation, he told Mahomes where he would be if they did it again. The Bills did and the rest is history.

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

The game was his coming out party, eh?

What a coming out party!  It makes me wonder about his early season usage.

Were they saving him for that moment?

I kid, but I do question the favoritism in lineup and rotation. 

53 minutes ago, Norcal said:

What a coming out party!  It makes me wonder about his early season usage.

Were they saving him for that moment?

I kid, but I do question the favoritism in lineup and rotation. 

Davis seems to be the guy that gets free downfield.  Partly his ability/speed, partly the coverage assigned to him.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Holy overreaction Batman

No Fraser needs to go. The top defence in the league doesn’t give up 550+ yards in a playoff game and let a team go down the field in 13 seconds.

McD is responsible for the touchback but I’d be praying Fraser gets hired elsewhere. His defences always choke in big moments. His prevent D in big moments always gets torched.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.