2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

More of the same...

Oh we will be back next year...

Josh Allen will win a Super Bowl, we need to make move X, X and Y blah blah blah I am tuning out all that garbage from this day going forward.

Nothing is going to change folks. THIS is who we are and will ALWAYS BE.

2022 schedule is brutal, coaches and players will leave and regression will kick in.

This WAS the chance. And now it is GONE.

D blew it.  Needs to be overhauled.  13 ***** seconds is all they had to hold them for and couldn't even do that.

Hughes is shot.  Let him go.  They're going to pay Edmunds a ton of money, which is a mistake.  He was a nonfactor last night.  They need a much better MLB and D Line to be able to stop teams like the chiefs.

13 seconds.  Going to go down in Bills lore as another in a long line of heartbreakers.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I think they need to move on from Frazier and it's not just about last night. 

I also think they need to move on from Daboll and it's partially about last night. 

It's stale on defense and only great on offense when Allen is allowed to Allen. It reminds me of when Georgia fired Mark Richt and everyone was worried it wouldn't be better and maybe he could have taken Georgia to that next step... he couldn't and didn't. Sometimes you have to pass on the good things for the better things. 

I am right there with you brother.  I'm not a Leslie Frazier fan.  The refusal to adjust to running offense got us plowed numerous games and ultimately cost us home field in this playoffs.  I hope he gets a nice NC job elsewhere.  

3 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

More of the same...

Oh we will be back next year...

Josh Allen will win a Super Bowl, we need to make move X, X and Y blah blah blah I am tuning out all that garbage from this day going forward.

Nothing is going to change folks. THIS is who we are and will ALWAYS BE.

2022 schedule is brutal, coaches and players will leave and regression will kick in.

This WAS the chance. And now it is GONE.

Things just don't work like that.  The core of this team is excellent and Allen is going to be here for the next decade plus.  They need a few upgrades on defense.  Need to play 3 linebackers to stop the run and they'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

The stars were aligning.  The Packers knocked out. Brady lost. Titans knocked out. 13 seconds to go.  Game over and path to the SB much easier.  

Then we once again entered a bizarro world where strange things happen. Then there was silence.  Cars up and down the street as we were leaving the house we were at, and not a sound to be heard on a bitterly cold night, other than cars warming up. 😞

I just needed to breathe after that last night.  Wow.

I don't see any problems with the future.  Win one more game (Jax comes to mind), and that game last night would have been in Buffalo.

They need a pass rusher and they need to stop with the delayed Edmunds rush stuff, which always results in an 8-13 yard play.

They need one more good offensive lineman.

Those are easy problems to fix.

Yes, that was a very Billsy way to lose a game.  But I didn't think they were going to win and it was a lot closer than I expected. 

So I'm ok.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I just needed to breathe after that last night.  Wow.

I don't see any problems with the future.  Win one more game (Jax comes to mind), and that game last night would have been in Buffalo.

They need a pass rusher and they need to stop with the delayed Edmunds rush stuff, which always results in an 8-13 yard play.

They need one more good offensive lineman.

Those are easy problems to fix.

Yes, that was a very Billsy way to lose a game.  But I didn't think they were going to win and it was a lot closer than I expected. 

So I'm ok.

KC has a dynasty feel to them. If only we had this team 7-8 years ago before they got here. It’s going to be tough to ever beat them. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

KC has a dynasty feel to them. If only we had this team 7-8 years ago before they got here. It’s going to be tough to ever beat them. 

One very tiny mistake was the difference.  KC is beatable.  KC is beatable by the Bills.  KC and the Bills are probably the two best teams in football right now.  They went blow for blow in the biggest game of the year.

That said, that one tiny mistake would not have been made by a High School coach and never mind an NFL coach in the game of his life.

1 minute ago, MISabresFan said:

Question, as the receiving team, you can fair catch a kick-off, but does time run off the clock?  

In addition, when you fall on a squib kick, as the receiving team, does time run off the clock?

I think McDermott thought that his D would give up less than 40 yards in 13 seconds and somehow not still allow enough time for the field goal as well.  Those 2 defensive plays rivaled 3rd and 13 in SB XXV for how horrible they were.

There is no question that the coaching staff blew the last 13 seconds.  But still.  The franchise is probably in the healthiest position it has ever been in:

- MVP-level QB who is young, built like the terminator, under contract and getting better each year.

- Great coach who is young, under contract, loved by his players and has rebuilt the franchise from a 17-year running joke into an elite NFL organization.  Good veteran players with multiple options take less money to eithe stay here or come here.

- Well respected GM who is young, under contract, highly professional and has built the FO into a model organization that is now getting its junior people poached by other teams seeking to emulate the Bills.

- Deep pocketed, stable, committed owners who don't order QB changes, diddle the cheerleaders or get arrested with briefcases full of painkillers.

- New stadium likely on the way that will keep the team here for the foreseeable future.

10 years ago this would've seemed like a miraculous outcome.

Halle-freakin-lujah.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Question, as the receiving team, you can fair catch a kick-off, but does time run off the clock?  

In addition, when you fall on a squib kick, as the receiving team, does time run off the clock?

1.  No time runs off the clock.

2.  About a second, if executed perfectly, or two if not--but remember, the receiving team is now a lot closer to field goal range.

A squib kick was not the difference in this game.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The stars were aligning.  The Packers knocked out. Brady lost. Titans knocked out. 13 seconds to go.  Game over and path to the SB much easier.  

Then we once again entered a bizarro world where strange things happen. Then there was silence.  Cars up and down the street as we were leaving the house we were at, and not a sound to be heard on a bitterly cold night, other than cars warming up. 😞

Are you, are you, coming to the tree...

With 13 seconds to go, and Bills fans in glee...

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be

If the coach, decided, an end zone kick it would be.....

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

There is no question that the coaching staff blew the last 13 seconds.  But still.  The franchise is probably in the healthiest position it has ever been in:

- MVP-level QB who is young, built like the terminator, under contract and getting better each year.

- Great coach who is young, under contract, loved by his players and has rebuilt the franchise from a 17-year running joke into an elite NFL organization.  Good veteran players with multiple options take less money to eithe stay here or come here.

- Well respected GM who is young, under contract, highly professional and has built the FO into a model organization that is now getting its junior people poached by other teams seeking to emulate the Bills.

- Deep pocketed, stable, committed owners who don't order QB changes, diddle the cheerleaders or get arrested with briefcases full of painkillers.

- New stadium likely on the way that will keep the team here for the foreseeable future.

10 years ago this would've seemed like a miraculous outcome.

Halle-freakin-lujah.

Seriously. I get the woe in the immediate aftermath but all of this bs about the sky falling and this was our once chance is absolute nonsense. We just watched a franchise QB lead an unreal comeback. This is the same guy who fans said couldn't play in a big game, was regressing from last year, can never go toe-to-toe with Mahomes. 

48/62 77% completion 637 yds   9 tds  0 ints   134 yds rushing. 2022 playoff stats.

That's your QB. 

Peyton Manning ran into Brady for years. Favre ran into Aikman and the Cowboys. Elway ran into Montana. And guess what, every one of those guys eventually got over the hump and won it all. Playoff losses to Mahomes happen, there's a reason they're hosting 4 straight AFC championship games. We have a top 3 QB in the league, with that locked down we have a shot every year. Relax.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

For all the pain of last night let’s take a second to celebrate that Josh Allen played two of the best playoff games by a QB. He is growing into an absolute dependable stud just starting to come into his prime.

Which doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you can't at least get to the championship game.

For 18 years we had Brady, now, are we looking at at least 12 of Maholms? Sure looks that way.

13 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Which doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you can't at least get to the championship game.

For 18 years we had Brady, now, are we looking at at least 12 of Maholms? Sure looks that way.

The difference between who ever the Bills had to go against Brady was huge.

The difference between Allen and Maholms is literally zero.  

The two best QBs in the NFL fought it out last night and it ended in a draw.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

They got to it last year. Mahomes is not Brady, he's just not. Nobody is. He has Kelce, and Hill, and he needs them both. This is not 12 years of Mahomes in the playoffs every year; the math alone on that isn't going to work. It's Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow in the AFC now, we should be absolutely thrilled that we're one of those three teams.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Allen is the best qb in the league. Mahomes is obviously right there, but I believe Allen is better. The main advantage the Chiefs have is Hill and Kelce. Mahomes can act as a point guard, drop off a short pass to either of those and YAC turns it into a long gain or TD. In pressure situations, he has relatively easy plays that can kill the D. Allen has to run over a D in a lot of those crucial third and fourth downs. Knox disappeared in this game, but the arrow is still pointing up. Why wasn't Davis on the field and a priority for much of this season? We need to add elite playmakers, free agency and/or the draft. That is the way to match the Chiefs, because the rules are such that the offense is always going to be able to stress even a good D.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

Allen is the second player in NFL history with consecutive games of 4 passing TDs in the playoffs, and the only one to do it without a single interception. Big Ben is the other, except he threw 5 interceptions between his two games.

Has anyone ever put together 8 consecutive quarters of playoff football better than Josh just did?

Not rhetorically, but seriously?

Sad that performance doesn't get a chance to be remembered that way.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Has anyone ever put together 8 consecutive quarters of playoff football than Josh just did?

Not rhetorically, but seriously?

Sad that performance doesn't get a chance to be remembered that way.

Josh Allen did not lose to the Chiefs but the Bills did. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.