Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PromoTheRobot

So what are we going to do for an entire week?

Recommended Posts

Worst schedule ever. Eff the Sweden trip, the bye week, the All Star Game and Sidney Pegula while I'm at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drink beer in the German area of Epcot until my wife and kids hunt me down.

Edited by Indabuff
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, they have a long break?  Guess I'll continue to pay minimal attention to this embarrassing franchise.  Happy 50th, Sabres! 💩

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been binging Dark on Netflix but I'm about 3/4 through it and it's only Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've been binging Dark on Netflix but I'm about 3/4 through it and it's only Tuesday.

I watched that a couple weeks ago. Very good. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tank could be re-visited. @Taro T and I could also reprise whether a kick constitutes control, and the meaning of "maintain." Perhaps a look back at the Zapruder film, 12.8 second mark, and whether it rules out a second gunman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my mind's eye, Jan 28th will be the dawn of a new season.    All prior transgressions will be forgiven as we look towards the future.    

I've outlined a seven step process to help fellow SabreSpacers achieve this same level of clarity.

  1. Identify your source of pain...  Hutton, Bogo/Rodrigues, injuries to Skinner/Olofsson, dressing 7 D, lack of secondary scoring for long stretches, wasting peak Eichel years, a precipitous fall from grace after a scorching hot October, etc.
  2. Acknowledge your hurtful emotions...  I can confirm, without any doubts, that the Sabres as an organization have inflicted emotional pain on myself and others.
  3. Forgive yourself and let go... I, pi2000, hereby absolve myself of any wrong doing for falsely believing this team was different than years past.
  4. Breathe in compassion...  I understand the Sabres are trying to be better and any emotional trauma inflicted on their fans is in fact unintentional.  
  5. Forgive unconditionally... 
  6. Be grateful...
  7. Love again...

need help for steps 5-7

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The Tank could be re-visited. @Taro T and I could also reprise whether a kick constitutes control, and the meaning of "maintain." Perhaps a look back at the Zapruder film, 12.8 second mark, and whether it rules out a second gunman.

Not ####ing happening my friend.

🍺

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

In my mind's eye, Jan 28th will be the dawn of a new season.    All prior transgressions will be forgiven as we look towards the future.    

I've outlined a seven step process to help fellow SabreSpacers achieve this same level of clarity.

  1. Identify your source of pain...  Hutton, Bogo/Rodrigues, injuries to Skinner/Olofsson, dressing 7 D, lack of secondary scoring for long stretches, wasting peak Eichel years, a precipitous fall from grace after a scorching hot October, etc.
  2. Acknowledge your hurtful emotions...  I can confirm, without any doubts, that the Sabres as an organization have inflicted emotional pain on myself and others.
  3. Forgive yourself and let go... I, pi2000, hereby absolve myself of any wrong doing for falsely believing this team was different than years past.
  4. Breathe in compassion...  I understand the Sabres are trying to be better and any emotional trauma inflicted on their fans is in fact unintentional.  
  5. Forgive unconditionally... 
  6. Be grateful...
  7. Love again...

need help for steps 5-7

 

Peak? PEAK?! Jack Eichel has not reached his peak. The whole WORLD will feel it when Jack Eichel peaks. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do a Sabres detox before beginning another Sabres retox.

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Worst schedule ever. Eff the Sweden trip, the bye week, the All Star Game and Sidney Pegula while I'm at it.

That last one is going to get you in trouble with Animal Rights Activists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

In my mind's eye, Jan 28th will be the dawn of a new season.    All prior transgressions will be forgiven as we look towards the future.    

I've outlined a seven step process to help fellow SabreSpacers achieve this same level of clarity.

  1. Identify your source of pain...  Hutton, Bogo/Rodrigues, injuries to Skinner/Olofsson, dressing 7 D, lack of secondary scoring for long stretches, wasting peak Eichel years, a precipitous fall from grace after a scorching hot October, etc.
  2. Acknowledge your hurtful emotions...  I can confirm, without any doubts, that the Sabres as an organization have inflicted emotional pain on myself and others.
  3. Forgive yourself and let go... I, pi2000, hereby absolve myself of any wrong doing for falsely believing this team was different than years past.
  4. Breathe in compassion...  I understand the Sabres are trying to be better and any emotional trauma inflicted on their fans is in fact unintentional.  
  5. Forgive unconditionally... This means you @LGR4GM-  Forgive Pi for his comments on Sam, "For he knows not what he is doing".... Luke 23:34. 
  6. Be grateful...Most of the toxic contracts end in June.  July begins a New Hope for the future. 
  7. Love again...Ralph Krueger has made Risto acceptable;  Even by the stats community.   "You love me.  You really love me". 

need help for steps 5-7

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

 

Lindy 23:34: “Smash Luke over his head with a stick in training camp, and ruin any career potential.”

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will we do for a week?  
 

Read articles on the Sabres, dream of the Bogo for Schenn trade with St Louis. 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 2:24 PM, #freejame said:

Peak? PEAK?! Jack Eichel has not reached his peak. The whole WORLD will feel it when Jack Eichel peaks. 

Based on current projections.... it'll be like a mouse queef in the wind. No one but the remaining sabres fan will notice as we go into another season with no playoffs. No deep playoff runs. No cup. Nope. Just keep drafting in the top ten. Let's do it for another decade. See how that works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game drought is killing me.

I finished Dark, supposedly Season 3 won't be out until 2021.

I started watching a PBS show about the history of circuses.  It's pretty interesting.  PT Barnum's circus had electrical lighting before any city in America.  Who knew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. Having no Sabres to watch led me to relapse into ranting about Sam Reinhart again on Sabrespace.

Sorry guys 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week we will hold the impeach trial of Sam Reinhart. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...