GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

It means Ralph isn’t just about motivating by making people feel good.

They are clearly aware that this organization has, and has had, an effort problem for quite some time now.  It's out-lasted what? 3 or 4 coaches now? 

They are trying to create a system of competitiveness where players cannot expect to find themselves on the roster each night.

I think this makes sense, but the success of the team is still going to be limited to the talent on it, not which of them is playing or not playing.

• Like (+1) 1

Hope fully this is the last year of below average hockey.  I cant see any way we get more than 80-85 points (unless RK overachieves).  Next year we'll likely have another top 10 pick plus Cozens, Rasplund, and others should start taking over roster spots and improving this team.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The die is cast

The entire crew is dead, but one. The extinction-level asteroid is still bearing down on earth, and only one man remains to ride the atomic warhead into the massive rock. That man is Vladimir Sobotka.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Other than a period of my life when I took an NHL hiatus (college years plus some shoulder time beyond graduation (it was pre-internet, folks)), I’ve never felt more indifferent about the start of a Sabres season.

Let’s go, Buffalo? Yeah. Let’s go.

Image result for han solo optimism

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

2,5 hour sleep now and then eyes bleeding, watch game then get up and go to work - LETS GO 

Ain't gonna lie. This post helps. It always helps.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

2,5 hour sleep now and then eyes bleeding, watch game then get up and go to work - LETS GO 

EU brethren? Late night for sure, but I'm staying the course. Only have a class of 32 under 4s to teach first thing ????

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Image result for han solo optimism

Ain't gonna lie. This post helps. It always helps.

Greetings 'Spacers from the Costa Rica system! There's now a Mrs. D'Ebriate. I won't be watching or listening or commenting for the first few games of the season on account of this (that's not a) honeymoon, it's a honeystation....   But before heading out into this tropical downpour to get silly on chili guaros and pina coladas before inhaling some flippin' fantastic grub... Meesa maxibig the Sabres! Let's go Buffalo! (as always, you provide the handclaps in your mind).

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Greetings 'Spacers from the Costa Rica system! There's now a Mrs. D'Ebriate. I won't be watching or listening or commenting for the first few games of the season on account of this (that's not a) honeymoon, it's a honeystation....   But before heading out into this tropical downpour to get silly on chili guaros and pina coladas before inhaling some flippin' fantastic grub... Meesa maxibig the Sabres! Let's go Buffalo! (as always, you provide the handclaps in your mind).

God, I miss chili guaros. Have an extra one for me!

5 hours ago, woods-racer said:

You say you don't want them to lose, but...

As a third party to this it does sound to me that you would be happy to be proven correct in your analogies, thus projecting a happy loss.

So if you warn your diabetic father that he's gonna die if he doesn't fix his diet and stop eating garbage that you're happy when he dies?

What kind of nonsense thinking is that?

9 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Nice work.

8 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Is it 7 yet? I just slipped on my Sabres jersey. I was home in Buffalo in August and brought back two cases of Labatt Tall Bois, I've had one left that I've been saving for this exact day. 

Cheers to everyone who made it through the uneventful off-season! Here's to the playoffs!

Cheers!  

51bc8698d07a216278cd399928bf4d59.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1