GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's always fun to me when it's suggested people are going to be unhappy if the team is good. Are you kidding me? Were you living under a rock during the win streak last year? Even the most pessimistic amongst us want a bandwagon to jump on! 

That win streak was so much fun. I hope we get to have some communal joy like that again this year.

• Like (+1) 2

I think we have a slightly better roster from last year. I'm hoping we have a better coach, but need some time on this.

There is still some dead weight we need to get rid of, but I don't  know if we'd be better off just cutting them and playing some young unproven guys or just hoping they don't bring us down too much until we can get some more depth.

Only 1 year left on a bunch of contracts I want to be rid of.

I can't see the roster moves from Twitter posted earlier, but I hope/assume one of them was bring Olofsson and possibly Jokiharju back up from Rochester?

I also like the addition of Johansson as a winger. As a center..not as much. So we'll see how that goes. 

Regardless of our opening day roster, it's a new season so I'm going to choose to be excited and hopeful. And if that proves to be wrong, it'll be cheaper to buy tickets to the games I plan on going to later this season.

Let's Go Buf-fa-lo!

Edited by SabresBaltimore

Will they not dress?

My main concern is that 3rd pairing, which is a placeholder for 2 injuries.  Sobotka on the 2nd line will have a magnifying glass by most.  Miller has been impressive, but Crosby and Malkin are true tests for them they won't have it easy.  Curious to see how much that 3rd line shows up tonight.  It's three players who are streaky.

6 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Will they not dress?

My main concern is that 3rd pairing, which is a placeholder for 2 injuries.  Sobotka on the 2nd line will have a magnifying glass by most.  Miller has been impressive, but Crosby and Malkin are true tests for them they won't have it easy.  Curious to see how much that 3rd line shows up tonight.  It's three players who are streaky.

Who?

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Looking at that roster, this might not end well.  

We are 0-15-3 in our last 18 games against Pittsburgh. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Who?

We are 15-0-3 in our last 18 games against Pittsburgh. 

Pretty sure you have that backwards

Just now, Brawndo said:

I’m not dating a Patriots Fan 

Ah but she is a Sabres fan, and really that's all that matters

• Like (+1) 1