GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

16 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

You act like I don't spend my entire summer doing this with agonizing detail.

Is Kyle the same guy he was in 16-17 now too?

No, but he missed the net plenty back then, too. 

Funny, though, how his accuracy is better on the power play.

18 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

For all we know Krueger asked the players about what they liked and felt they were good at and he just found a way to channel that into a game plan. I'd be surprised if he didn't ask Miller about Vegas's strategies as well.

Bylsma was over reliant on stretch passes

Housley had a strange obsession with only man to man defense

RK seems to feel, why force players who can't stretch pass to stretch pass when they play better with a different approach. Do what you are good at, do your part to further the team as a whole and play hard every shift. I see his strategy being much like Vegas because like them, we have had no real identity for years and have effectively been trying to stuff our team's assortment of players into a specific type of bucket. Vegas, had players who had played in all different systems thus decided the best approach was to simply find commonalities all the players could do, play hard and fast. Over time, the core of players will find a certain niche they like and slowly the team will work to that over a few years as it sheds those who don't fit and tweak existing players.

Likely due in part to Eichel being much better playing man coverage and Ristolainen breaking into man nearly every time the puck was in the Sabres zone regardless of what coverage the other 4 skaters were playing.  ?