Lawrence Pilut signs 2 year ELC

sabills

Seriously, how hard could it be for Pilut to beat out Baloo?

Depends on just how deep Housley's man crush on Beaulieu remains. Nathan was at minimum 1 slot higher on the depth chart than he should've been and realistically 2 slots higher. If he remains the golden child, it could be very difficult to find a roster spot until Bogosian inevitably breaks & he might possibly need 1 additional injury as well to crack into the top 6.

I don't disagree, but this rush to say Jbot has Pilut slated for Rochester may not be true.  We don't know if he promised him an NHL job to get him to sign like TM promised Antipin.  Anyone who is voted the top D in the KHL/SHL or Finnish Elite league at 22 is a very very good hockey player and we'd be wise to reserve judgement until we see him here.  I suspect the kid may make the Sabres and force Guhle back to the AHL.

I would love for this to happen, and I think Guhle should and will start in the AHL either way, but I also think it's prudent not to expect too much from Pilut.

We have Scandella, McCabe, Beaulieu on the left. I would hope Pilut can beat out Beaulieu for at least that 3rd pairing spot. 

On the right we have Risto, Dahlin, Bogo, and Nelson. 

I'm envisioning him not even being on the team. 

Write Up from Dobber Prospects

The Sabres signed 22-year-old defenseman Lawrence Pilut to a two-year entry level contract. Pilut won the Defenseman of the Year award at the SHL Awards after scoring eight goals and 38 points in 52 games. He was the obvious choice to win the award and there was no one else even close to him in my opinion. I have created his fantasy hockey profile here at DobberProspects, so just click on his name to know more about him. I believe Pilut is ready to play in the NHL right away and he’s a guy who can run a power play but I do wonder if there’s room for him in Buffalo since they’re also adding Dahlin in the summer and they need to find similar minutes for him as well. Pilut will likely start on the bottom-pair but I think he has top-four upside if he continues progressing as expected. He’s not big (5-11, 179) but his hockey smarts allow him to play a reliable game all over the ice. But he needs to get stronger this summer, and it shouldn’t shock anyone if he starts the season in the AHL.

Hopefully Pilut starts in Rochester to adjust to the NA Game. Antipin would have been better served playing a month or two in the A. I wonder if he was asked if he was interested in doing so and his refusal resulted in scratches.

Yes his contract prevented him from going to the Amerks, however something probably could have negotiated with his agent for a temporary assignment.

The concept of Antipin continues to baffle me.

He was no more impressive than Baptiste or Beaulieu or Bailey or Girgensons or Larsson or Lehner or Rodrigues or Wilson and less than most and is of an age with all of them.

Yet many of you play the “poor Victor” card while wanting to run most of the others out of town.

Edited by dudacek

The concept of Antipin continues to baffle me.

He was no more impressive than Baptiste or Beaulieu or Bailey or Girgensons or Larsson or Lehner or Rodrigues or Wilson and less than most and is of an age with all of them.

Yet many of you play the “poor Victor” card while wanting to run most of the others out of town.

Most everyone on here has a level of trust, or at least benefit of the doubt, with Housley.  Until the usage of Antipin comes up.  Somehow Phil is a good coach in most all respects  except he just couldn't see Antipin's good play like the rest of us.

I suspect you are mostly correct with your description and Phil agreed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.