Mittelstadt Signed ELC with Sabres reports directly to Buffalo

Brawndo

It's a completely valid path for Casey to get his feet wet, get a taste of what it takes to compete in the NHL for 82 games (Clayton Keller said this was an enormous influence on his breakout season this year), and then play in Rochester for much of next year like Kyle Connor did. He looks great in Winnipeg right now.

Wouldn't it be cool, though, if Casey made us laugh at the thought of sending him to Rochester?

I want to too. I think the line mates he gets will matter and how well he adapts to the pace and style. Reinhart had 42 so let's say 35.5 points for Casey next season if he makes the team.

Difference is that Casey is having an ELC year burned this year. They aren’t sending Casey to Rochester next season and waisting another ELC year, and allowing Casey to become a mainstay NHLer not until his final ELC season.

He’s full time in Buffalo next season.

Difference is that Casey is having an ELC year burned this year. They aren’t sending Casey to Rochester next season and waisting another ELC year, and allowing Casey to become a mainstay NHLer not until his final ELC season.

He’s full time in Buffalo next season.

He'll have to earn his place on the team in the preseason or he'll be in Rochester.  I don't believe for an instant that this GM starts him in Buffalo next year if he isn't good enough to make the team outright.

He'll have to earn his place on the team in the preseason or he'll be in Rochester. I don't believe for an instant that this GM starts him in Buffalo next year if he isn't good enough to make the team outright.

In theory, sure. But he’ll be given every opportunity to earn a spot on the roster, a spot is his to lose. He’ll only need to be one of the 12 best forwards in camp to make it.

Can’t see that not happening.

Edited by Thorny

I'm not a season ticket holder, but I just spent money on this team for the first time since before Reinhart was drafted. The single team price for NHL.tv was down to $11.99 since there are so few games left so I paid a whopping $12.83 with tax to watch our new Lord and Savior's first 6 games as a professional hockey player.

It should be worth $2.14 per game to witness history. If Mittelstadt doesn't score an Ovechtrick on Thursday though, I will be writing a sternly worded email to Gary Bettman in order to demand a refund.

Well I paid 200 to shaw tv for nhl centre ice so I'm the dolt. I paid it last year and I'll likely pay it next year. My point with the question about season tickets is that they're selling hope by bringing him in for 6 games.  They're always selling hope. Don't get me wrong I already love the kid but for once I want to believe in right now. Live for the moment and watch our team compete as a contender. I'm tired of always looking to the future. We'll get there in a couple years, maybe 3 or 4 years. There I go again :doh:

Well I paid 200 to shaw tv for nhl centre ice so I'm the dolt. I paid it last year and I'll likely pay it next year. My point with the question about season tickets is that they're selling hope by bringing him in for 6 games. They're always selling hope. Don't get me wrong I already love the kid but for once I want to believe in right now. Live for the moment and watch our team compete as a contender. I'm tired of always looking to the future. We'll get there in a couple years, maybe 3 or 4 years. There I go again :doh:

Yeah, I'm not a local and when the team started tanking I ditched center ice and stopped buying merchandise. The amount of frustration I felt towards this team dissipated significantly once I stopped giving them my money.

I may get NHL.tv next season though. You can buy the games for a single team for around 120 I believe. It will depend on whether this last 6 games can show me if they have the potential to turn the corner next season. We'll see how they look down this final stretch and more importantly, I'll use every bit of the free preview next season before I decide.

Probably. Maybe it's important to him. Will he try to keep up for the next 10 days, then go back and finish classes? Did he have to resign from school?

The schools are usually flexible with them.  If he wants to finish the year, they'll find a way to make it happen.  It makes the school look better.  Summer is usually the easiest route, but they can also work around the player's schedule.

Sorry if this has been addressed... is he done with school then? I mean, with his classes?

From an administrative standpoint, he'll probably take incompletes on some or all of his spring semester's classes, or get extensions for some of the work. He may finish his first year of study over the summer.

Also: What Eleven said.

What about Jack?  Is he done?

He finished the school year, so, yeah, he's done with his freshman year.

Also: What Eleven said.

Doesn't this sentiment assume something about Casey that we don't know? He might be interested in getting a college degree while he's playing. He might be a good, serious student. And he might want to finish what he started. I don't like the dumb jock/corrupt university angle here.

He finished the school year, so, yeah, he's done with his freshman year.

Doesn't this sentiment assume something about Casey that we don't know? He might be interested in getting a college degree while he's playing. He might be a good, serious student. And he might want to finish what he started. I don't like the dumb jock/corrupt university angle here.

Fair enough. I was just talking economics. Casy’s poised to earn 10s of millions of dollars in the next 10-15 years. My guess is that he focuses everything on that effort.

Skating with ERod and Samson on a line today

So, neither Eichel nor O'Reilly gets to skate w/ a legit top 6 forward. :lol:

Glad that they're trying to set Mittelstadt up for success. Not sure why Eichel has never centered those w's at the same time in 3 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.