Mittelstadt Signed ELC with Sabres reports directly to Buffalo

Brawndo

I know, they're far superior to Vesey's numbers.  

Not sure what the point of the snark here is, but the relevant point in the context of the discussion upthread is the comparison of Casey's 1st 2 NHL seasons with Vesey's 1st 2 NHL seasons -- so their production in the year before joining the NHL is also relevant -- and Vesey's was far superior to Casey's.

But if you want to jam your fingers into your ears, jump up and down and yell that Casey is better than Vesey and that Eichel is better than McD -- enjoy.

Separately:  Kris Baker of Sabresprospects.com was on with Schopp today and said, unhesitatingly, that Casey would be an impact NHL player right away and that he does not expect Casey to play in Rochester next year.  So that was kinda exciting.

Not sure what the point of the snark here is, but the relevant point in the context of the discussion upthread is the comparison of Casey's 1st 2 NHL seasons with Vesey's 1st 2 NHL seasons -- so their production in the year before joining the NHL is also relevant -- and Vesey's was far superior to Casey's.

But if you want to jam your fingers into your ears, jump up and down and yell that Casey is better than Vesey and that Eichel is better than McD -- enjoy.

Separately:  Kris Baker of Sabresprospects.com was on with Schopp today and said, unhesitatingly, that Casey would be an impact NHL player right away and that he does not expect Casey to play in Rochester next year.  So that was kinda exciting.

Kris Baker was also all for us picking McAvoy at the time, even though he was seen by everyone as a mid-teens pick and we had pick 8. He has a good eye with prospects, he doesn't just pump up our guys needlessly. 

Vesey's last season in NCAA was at like 25 years old, I think that's the point. If you compare them by age, Mittelstadt is ahead. I'm sure why the need to  get all snarky. ;)

You want to compare 21 and 22 year old Vesey, playing in years 3 and 4 off college to 19 year old Casey Mittelstadt freshmen year? Seems off to me. Now if I look At Vesey at 19, his sophomore year, he has 22 points compared to Casey at 30. Well this comparison is still off due to Jimmy already playing a year it is a better indication. I could see Mittelstadt having 27 points in his first nhl year. I don't see Mittelstadt being 30pt nhl player at 24 though. Mittelstadt compared to Vesey doesn't work well after season 1 because Vesey was basically what he is and Casey is not yet. Vesey played his first full year at 23, not 20.

Casey dropped 11 points and was wjc mvp.

Vesey dropped 5 points.

So there's that comparison.

Vesey ends with sey. Casey ends with sey.

Edited by Skurk Liger

Well, he definitely needs to toughen up.    An athlete going pro, in the flower of his youth, with such meager physical strength?  This is the NHL, not the PGA.  I'm kind of shocked at the lack of physical culture evidenced there.  Maybe that's typical of kids these days?  I dunno.

A scary thought - imagine if he'd been training for the Combine for months before and was still that weak? Jeebus!   

There's a reason that sports writers were astonished, and not in a good way, at his performance (or lack of) in the combine, and raised red caution flags.   Danger, Will Robinson, Danger, Danger, Danger!!..... 

There's a very good chance, unless he improves majorly, he'll get pushed off the puck like a wet dishrag by NHL d-men.    He could make floaters like Ville Leino and Cody Hodgson look like the "Bruise Brothers" in comparison!    Honestly, with his current physical state, he really needs to start in the AHL and work his way up- and hopefully the strength and conditioning trainers can light a fire and bulk him up with nutrition and rigorous lifting with heavy weights and low reps  

This isn't the same rough and tumble NHL I grew up with.  This is more grabbing and holding.  It's more aggravating than dangerous.  Casey's a good sized young man and is going to be fine.  

27 points? I'll take the over

I want to too. I think the line mates he gets will matter and how well he adapts to the pace and style. Reinhart had 42 so let's say 35.5 points for Casey next season if he makes the team. Edited by Skurk Liger

I wasn't being snarky - you're a sensitive little guy.  

You're not the greatest reader.  I understand you are comparing NHL first two years of Vesey vs what Casey will do.  My point you missed or conveniently skip over is if Reinhart (20 and 21 yrs) who is far less skilled can compare better than Vesey's numbers - why can't Casey?  

'

You've got real problems if you think Casey is to Vesey as Eichel is to McDavid.   

Edited by 7+6=13

Haha what? Lol this was funny.

For the record, Mittlestadt got to Minnesota, saw the trainer, got an adjustment, did bench and pull ups without issue.

Thank you for mentioning this.

6ft 201lbs is small? .... the ###### is going on in here

Right, yet Johnny Hockey in Calgary must be too small for the NHL.

Did not expect negativity in a thread about MiddleEarth signing his ELC.   This season's suckage knows no bounds.

C'mon.  Have you been reading the threads here recently?  The Sabres could sign the equivalent of the Gretzky Oilers and this place would say they suck.

Soooo.... All you season ticket holders who were about to jump ship climbing back on board ?

If (when) they raise prices, they will lose a LOT of their ST base. My guess is 15-30%. Keeping status quo they'll lose close to 10%. If they were smart enough to lower prices a buck across the board, they'd mitigate a lot of the damage, but rather than do that they'll probably make us buy another preseason game.

The games are NOT entertaining for the most part and they are flat out AWFUL at home. They WILL have a better road record and they are only 13-16-7 on the road. This season has been a disaster & Casey Mittelstadt won't overcome that on his own.

Soooo.... All you season ticket holders who were about to jump ship climbing back on board?

I'm not a season ticket holder, but I just spent money on this team for the first time since before Reinhart was drafted. The single team price for NHL.tv was down to $11.99 since there are so few games left so I paid a whopping $12.83 with tax to watch our new Lord and Savior's first 6 games as a professional hockey player.

It should be worth $2.14 per game to witness history. If Mittelstadt doesn't score an Ovechtrick on Thursday though, I will be writing a sternly worded email to Gary Bettman in order to demand a refund.

Edited by Alkoholist

It should be worth $2.14 per game to witness history. If Mittelstadt doesn't score an Ovechtrick on Thursday though, I will be writing a sternly worded email to Gary Bettman in order to demand a refund.

You can't put a price on salvation.

But, imagine the excitement when Mittelstadt finishes with a positive +/-

You can't put a price on salvation.

But, imagine the excitement when Mittelstadt finishes with a positive +/-

Maybe I can consider it a charitable donation. The church of Casey Mittelstadt (pbuh) has done more for me than any other church ever has. Therefore paying to see him play should be tax deductible.

:beer:  Every church throughout history has needed money for "things" and they'll all give you a good quote for anything you want. I suggest opening a church of me. We all tithe to me and then we all can feel good about it.

Maybe I can consider it a charitable donation. The church of Casey Mittelstadt (pbuh) has done more for me than any other church ever has. Therefore paying to see him play should be tax deductible.

I think that applies to all sports leagues and their tax exemptions (when applicable). You should be able to retroactively deduct for a lifetime of tickets, memorabilia, paraphernalia, and cable/online entertainment packages.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.