Mittelstadt Signed ELC with Sabres reports directly to Buffalo

Brawndo

Casey Mittselstadt has agreed to terms on an entry-level deal with BUF. Expected to join the Sabres’ NHL roster later this week.

Dang you are fast, hopefully he's all he's hyped up to be.

He has the potential to be a point per game player in the NHL. You should only expect about 30-40 points out of him next season. He honestly could struggle as the NHL will be much faster than what he is used to. He might be better served spending October and November in Rochester. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

Bob McKenzieVerified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago

More

Casey Mittselstadt has agreed to terms on an entry-level deal with BUF. Expected to join the Sabres’ NHL roster later this week.

He has the potential to be a point per game player in the NHL. You should only expect about 30-40 points out of him next season. He honestly could struggle as the NHL will be much faster than what he is used to. He might be better served spending October and November in Rochester.

Pssshh.... I expect 30-40 points before the end of this season. He is a god after all.

Was hoping he took the PTO to play in Roch the rest of the year. Don't blame him one bit for burning a year off the ELC though. Very excited for him.

I think there are expansion draft reasons for bringing him to Buffalo. He won't play enough games to have it count as a pro year (service time, not contract time) and therefore would still be exempt in two years.

I think there are expansion draft reasons for bringing him to Buffalo. He won't play enough games to have it count as a pro year (service time, not contract time) and therefore would still be exempt in two years.

This is what Wawrow is reporting. He'll be exempt from the expansion draft.

Because Mittelstadt is a late birthdate (Nov/98), he burns the first-year of his entry-level contract as soon as he signs it, but he does not get to count this season as a pro year, which means he won’t need to be protected for expansion draft (assuming it’s in 2020).

Casey, when someone asks if you are a god... you say yes!

Damn straight. Then he can light them on fire and send them straight to hell for having the gall to question his deity credentials. Or he can forgive them for not knowing any better. It depends on whether he wants to be a just and loving God or the smite your enemies/fire and brimstone type of God.

Pssshh.... I expect 30-40 points before the end of this season. He is a god after all.

Behold... the God who cannot do a single solitary pull-up!!!   lol

I need to find a video clip of the scene from Full Metal Jacket where Gunnery Sgt Hartman berates Private Pyle for his inability to perform a single pull up.   

A couple of things:

1. In the chatter about what Mittlestadt would do, I saw several mentions of how the Minnesota coach was retiring in the face of diminishing interest in and attendance of Gopher hockey games. WTF?

2. I was driven to absolute distraction over how much I disliked the PBP call on the first several goals in this clip:

I know there are some codgers here (me included) who gripe that Dunleavy often doesn't *say* "SCORES!" when a goal is scored. But, man alive -- the guy on those initial goals in this clip.

Is this a generational thing? Are PBP callers of the future no longer going to say "SCORE!" or a word like that when a goal is scored?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.