Mittelstadt Signed ELC with Sabres reports directly to Buffalo

Brawndo

Stop me if this is crazy, but maybe, just maybe, we shouldn't be naming any of our players after the Nazis

Right?

Nah, the lessons of history have absolutely no value to us and as such we may make light of it, no matter how loud the guilty conscience of the past may be screaming at us.

I am taking this directly from a poster on hfboards, but Reinhart, Eichel, and Mittelstadt are all very German names aren't they? 

What's a catchy name like "The French Connection" for German names, if they ever become a legendary Sabre line?

You've already moved MIttlestadt from center?  What regression told you that would happen?   :P

The Third Reichelstadt

The Deutsch Duo

The Axis of Eichel

The German Vermin

The K r a u t Connection

i tried...

I like these.. especially the first and if Third Reich didn't refer to what it referred to and instead some glorious moment of German history I think it would be the hands down winner.  Unfortunately it does not.

Pretty sure if I can't be as creative at this point...

• 1 month later...

With Dahlin I've kinda forgotten to be excited about Casey. That's probably best for him too: spread out the expectations between him, Dahlin, and Eichel.

Not-so-hot take incoming: Eichel, Mittelstadt, and Dahlin are going be the championship centerpieces that Eichel, Reinart, and Risto were supposed to be.

Not-so-hot take incoming: Eichel, Mittelstadt, and Dahlin are going be the championship centerpieces that Eichel, Reinart, and Risto were supposed to be.

Certainly have better pedigree on the defense side.

I keep thinking back to the Chicago team model, and maybe we had Reinhart and Risto mis-cast as Toews and Keith. Maybe they were more like Sharp and Seabrooke, and we still needed our other studs that came in later drafts.

Certainly have better pedigree on the defense side.

I keep thinking back to the Chicago team model, and maybe we had Reinhart and Risto mis-cast as Toews and Keith. Maybe they were more like Sharp and Seabrooke, and we still needed our other studs that came in later drafts.

I do think Reinhart and Risto can flourish in secondary roles. Just weren't good enough to be the foundation.

With Dahlin I've kinda forgotten to be excited about Casey. That's probably best for him too: spread out the expectations between him, Dahlin, and Eichel.

I've felt that way all along, and part of the reason I've been so high on Mittelstadt:  I think Eichel will only flourish when he doesn't feel he has to carry the team.  That's a lot of pressure for one person, let alone someone so young.  If Mittelstadt performs, and Reino gives us his 2nd half play all season long, and some of our young wingers make the leap, and on and on, Eichel will be more effective.  Same thing with Risto:  He's labored heavily to carry the team and being able to put him on a second pairing will make him hugely more effective than he has been.

How soon do people expect Rasmus to pass Rasmus as our number one?

I think it won’t be until sometime into his second year, maybe the year after.

50/50 that Dahlin is a better hockey player right this minute

He'll pass him on the depth chart next year unless he's ludicrously good to  start and blows our minds

I believe that all 5 players are the pillars this team is being built on. Dahlin’s arrival allows us slot Risto correctly as the anchor of the second line starting on 2019. We are going to need a D who can be phyiscal and contribute on offense. He is also a hard to fond RD. Reinhart took a major step forward in the second half and played himself back into foundation status IMHO.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.