GDT: Sabres @ Vegas Golden Knights, 10 pm ET, 10/17/17

Doohickie

Remember the last time we played these guys?  HOW AWESOME that was!  Oh.....you don't remember?

The all-time series between these two is exactly tied at 0-0.  The Knights are trying to show a team can be good right out of box.  The Sabres are trying to prove they can be good.

Let's lop off a few arms and legs and call it a win, eh?

Sam-2.jpg

GO SABRES!

I have seen parts of 2 games they won. They play a close checking style and really try to clog up the passing lanes. Frustrating to play against and they counter fairly well. I think we can beat them with speed, but if the D coughs it up too much we too will lose to them. 

I would be surprised if Subban is any good. He was #4 on the Bruins depth chart, and hence waived. 

Best way to beat them would be via the power play, because if we play with speed they will take obstruction type penalties.

I would be surprised if Subban is any good. He was #4 on the Bruins depth chart, and hence waived. 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/how-long-should-a-team-hang-on-to-a-goaltending-prospect

Article on Subban puts his development curve in perspective. Unclear how he'll do tonight of course...one thing is there isn't any NHL tape to study yet so he does have the element of surprise so to speak, at least for a few games. 

Can't wait to see another game!

Love the picture of Sam in the original post.  It's usually hard to explain to kids what split vision is but that picture exemplifies it perfectly... at least as near as I can tell.  

Time for Jack-pot.  

You can all groan with me.

Sabres need to build on the momentum of the Anaheim game and give another strong showing. This will be a good test of how well we can execute the high-tempo style that Housley is preaching or whether we get sucked into the clogging style of VGK. Show some resiliency here and come out strong.

Hoping Johnson is in net as the team seems to respond to his steady presence. 

Sabres need to build on the momentum of the Anaheim game and give another strong showing. This will be a good test of how well we can execute the high-tempo style that Housley is preaching or whether we get sucked into the clogging style of VGK. Show some resiliency here and come out strong.

Hoping Johnson is in net as the team seems to respond to his steady presence. 

They absolutely have to come out and show me they can put three games in a row together of good effort. It's imperative. 

A win would be good too. 

I think Antipin should go in for Tennyson.

Agreed.  If Housley held Antipin out because his game isn't quite up to the North American expectation, he's had several practices now to teach him/show him.  At some point he's going to have to get live action.  I think they're trying to convince him to go to the A for some seasoning (he said he'd go back to the KHL if they did that).

Sabre light up Subban like a Christmas tree, 9-2, hat-trick for Beaulieu, four assists for Sam and Bailey scores two. With the Sabres up 7-0 in the second, Housley challenges Gallant, Lehner decks Fleury and Kane pummels Brayden McNabb. The post-game after party in Kane's suite bonds the team for life and they go on to win 13 of the next 17.

And just to keep the mopers happy, O'Reilly again fails to hit the scoresheet.

Book it.

Edited by dudacek

I predict that William Carrier will score a goal with an assist from McNabb just so we can hear how dumb we were to let them go blah blah blah.  

Buffalo wins this one and they should. Subban isn't good and Buffalo needs to show up again. 

Oh, dear, criticism of the "brain trust." That would be soooo naughty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.