GDT: Sabres @ Vegas Golden Knights, 10 pm ET, 10/17/17

Doohickie

Somebody has to centre the fourth line.

But if it was me, I'd just go three lines all night long.

Girgs Jack Pommer

Larsson O'Reilly KO

Kane Samson Bailey

Dont Giva ######

Maybe Beaulieu can centre Pouliot and Nolan and Antipin can draw in.

Griffith could be playing 4C, he's a natural centre.

I never thought as a now 20 year resident of Southern Nevada that I'd see my Sabres actually play here in a regulation game. Very excited to be attending tonight. I grew up in WNY and a grad of Orchard Park HS so I will be rocking the Blue and Gold #15 jersey tonight. But the Knights are now my favorite Western Conf team for sure. They have been off to a good start. Subban played lights out vs Boston on Sunday and was 30 secs away from a shutout. So awesome having two official teams to root for! But tonight I'll be hoping for 2pts Buffalo!

The Strictly Hip will be playing pre game outside NYNY Hotel and there are already tons of Sabres jerseys around town that i've seen. Many former WNYorkers live in Vegas so the T-Mobile will be rocking tonight with Blue n Gold!!

Very cool!  Enjoy the game!!

Okay.  I don't like the lines.  Girgs should be on the first line in place of Kane, not playing 4C.  Let Kane play with ROR and KO.  Make Larsson 4C and play Sammy at 3C.

In total agreement with this sentiment. 

Phil is saying "Hey Zemgus, nice job scoring and playing physical and fast hockey on Jack's wing...now go center the 4th line with Jordan Nolan." WTF

Did any of you brilliant wannabe coaches ever think that MAYBE just MAYBE that Jack wants these guys playing on his line???

That he put it in HCPH mind that those are the guys he prefers to play with??? No couldn't be that, why would 2 front offices and 2 head coaches be so stupid and you guys so smart???

Which one of these emoji's is the sarcastic one by the way??

So, you're saying the Jack Eichel coach meme is true? :p

Really though, I don't care what he wants, and neither should Housley on this particular matter.

So, you're saying the Jack Eichel coach meme is true? :P

Really though, I don't care what he wants, and neither should Housley on this particular matter.

We have to remind ourselves that Housley is really only seeing game 5 of the Kane-Eichel matchup. Hopefully by game 10 he's ready to move on like we all are. 

I mean Zemgus, Eichel, and Pommers had 3 goals in 4.5 periods together, and while Kane-Eichel did combine for 1 goal the next 4.5 periods, we also had 5 shifts cut short due to Kane-penalties. Each of the three goals that the first three scored together, the other two had assists. Kane and Eichel, despite being on the ice together for about 8 goals, only helped each other on 2. So even if you weren't watching a thing and were only spreadsheet-watching, it's something you should catch. They don't need each other and they don't help each other more than the guy playing 4C now. 

Tim Peel is officiating tonight, so if you get bothered when people complain about refs, brace yourself :lol:

I do like the looks of line 2. Reinhart - O'Reilly - Okposo will hopefully help out all three of those guys. If they can get it together, could have ourselves a second scoring line.

In incredibly limited ice time last season, something like 46 minutes, they had 5 goals and 0 goals against

Tim Peel is officiating tonight, so if you get bothered when people complain about refs, brace yourself :lol:

I’ve become interested in officiating the past few years so I’ve been making note of officials at Amerks games where I can see the whole ice to get a sense of whether an official could legitimately tilt one way or the other. I think they can but am not positive I’ve seen a bias for anything more than a team with a mouthy jackass in the ranks or the rep to be one. Or Pat Kaleta.

So...we're assuming anyone who comes out of the gates struggling tonight partied a little too hard last night, right?

I love these 10 pm starts, lets you get all your done in the evening then you can curl up with the Sabres in bed.

I really hope they win and push the momentum but Vegas has looked surprisingly good, perhaps because earlier teams thought they'd be "gimme" games? I have a bad feeling that Johnson is going to get chased but I am chasing those thoughts away with a fantasy of a 6-point Eichel night.

Poor Girgs, he really does get ###### on quite a bit line up wise.

4th line? Yikes!

The radio guys are basically arguing that he's subbing in on the 4th line, but that it isn't permanent. I almost wonder if we'll see him taking shifts with the other lines tonight as well if needed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.