If you're able to attend a training camp session, please post your observations here.

Eleven

Did everyone say they wanted to play with Jack?!? :lol:

Probably not as it's doubtful Eichel is schizophrenic enough to say "team me up w/ Jack."

Though based strictly on the "Dwight Drane eye testTM," it is possible that Deslauriers said he wanted to play w/ Nic and forgot to mention the possibility of playing w/ Jack. :p

Working for once :lol:

Well played pi but Armia still had 10-9-19 in 57 games played and a corsi of 46%. I'd bet it's probably because he tries those highlight reel goals so much 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/armiajo01.html

Thanks, I was getting to that. 10 goals and 9 assists better be bringing something else (two-way, PK, grit, etc.) to the table, and I can't imagine Armia bringing much of any of those.

Edited by MattPie

So, what kind of impression has Bogosian made on his new coach when it comes to leadership?

"Excellent," Phil Housley said Wednesday. "He comes to the rink with a smile on his face. He's willing and eager to learn, he's jumping in there, leading the stretch, leading the skate, saying the right things in the locker room. It's been a joy for me to come in here seeing what he's brought to our team."

She's taller than me.  Some people find this off-putting.  We don't care.  That's why it's in quotes.

I have a younger wife, we don't care either. Good for you.

As cautious as I am about this guy, it still shocks me that we were able to pick him up for a 3rd.

He had some off ice issues that included an assault, and some pretty good party habits.

29 points in 101 games in the NHL. Certainly not earth shattering.

New looks in 2nd session as well:

Moulson-Eichel-Okposo

Kane-Reinhart-Pominville

Smith-Cornel-Fasching

Karbacek-Criscuolo-Bailey

#Sabres

Finally.... Okposo and Eichel together.    Based on their abilities they should thrive together.    Moulson tho.

Also Reinhart still at C will make some folks here happy, and with Kane/Pominville, which is what some here predicted would be a good fit.    Could work.

Working for once :lol:

Well played pi but Armia still had 10-9-19 in 57 games played and a corsi of 46%. I'd bet it's probably because he tries those highlight reel goals so much 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/armiajo01.html

Thanks, I was getting to that. 10 goals and 9 assists better be bringing something else (two-way, PK, grit, etc.) to the table, and I can't imagine Armia bringing much of any of those.

The kid was only 23 last season and played in just 57 games.   He showed flashes.   I fully expect him to eclipse the 20 goal mark this season.

Phil makes me happy.

No idea where this will end up, but trying things that seem worth trying is a good thing.

Exactly. He's finally trying lines that seem to make a little bit of sense, instead of ignoring our suggestions like DDB did all last year.

We are smart, we are SabreSpaceTM

The kid was only 23 last season and played in just 57 games.   He showed flashes.   I fully expect him to eclipse the 20 goal mark this season.

Seems like he's been around forever, I figured he was more like 25 and solidly in WYSIWYG territory.