If you're able to attend a training camp session, please post your observations here.

Eleven

What's the schedule like tomorrow and what's open to the public?

Full schedule is in this article:  https://www.diebytheblade.com/2017/9/14/16306444/buffalo-sabres-training-camp-underway-today-full-roster-schedule-updates-storylines

I have reservations at 716 for the game tomorrow and I might try to go to the late session before going to 716.

Full schedule is in this article:  https://www.diebytheblade.com/2017/9/14/16306444/buffalo-sabres-training-camp-underway-today-full-roster-schedule-updates-storylines

I have reservations at 716 for the game tomorrow and I might try to go to the late session before going to 716.

I thought they played their first game Monday? Oh, you meant that devils game foosball. Never mind.

Girgensons-ROR-OkposoKane-Eichel-Pominville

While I've been skeptical that Pommer can keep up with Eichel, I'd be very interested to see these as the top 2 lines, especially if it leaves Reino as the #3 center with a reinvigorated Pouliot and one of the kids as his wingers.

There will be a serious search to see who fits best with ROR and OK, sure Girgs will get a look but so will others. Finding a good fit there will be a major priority I think

One thing I noticed today, comparing PH to DB, is the drills were MUCH simpler than the ones Bylsma ran. And that's comparing day one of TC under Housley & under DB.

Which would imply that he might ACTUALLY strive for having them play a more uptempo game than we've seen the past few years. Far too small a sample size, but it IS encouraging.

McCabe's comments were illuminating.  Seems the weak side defender is supposed to take three strong strides and be ready to commit to the offense if the situation warrants.  Making the reads simple and making sure everyone knows what they are might take time to iron out.

This is great to hear.  The game is to fluid to over analyze positioning on the ice.  The concepts of positional analytics need to be taught to players so they learn tendencies but given the fluidity of the game they are hardly the mandates of how to play.  Once you venture down the path of your system requiring each player to complete a choose your own adventure book just to complete the breakout you are screwed.

Basically, it's more like.  Look for this, try to make this happen, and use your damn brains to adjust as needed.  Be creative, but not stupid.

Should work much better.

I think they'll give Girgensons a chance, but ultimately I see him being moved as his skill set doesn't fit with the way this team wants to play. Larsson could find himself in the same position. Maybe not this season but definitely when Asplund is here next season.

I think they'll give Girgensons a chance, but ultimately I see him being moved as his skill set doesn't fit with the way this team wants to play. Larsson could find himself in the same position. Maybe not this season but definitely when Asplund is here next season.

What is the way this team wants to play and how is Zemgus incompatible? Same question re: Larsson.

Zemgus easily has top 6 or 7 straight-line speed on this team...

I'd argue he's only behind Eichel and Kane clearly, in a group with some others after that.

I'd say the only guys he's faster than are Larsson, Moulson, and Gorges... and maybe Risto. He's certainly near the bottom of the quickness rankings, ahead of only Bogo prolly.

I'd really like to know the results of the on ice testing yesterday, and from last year, just to see how guys have progressed or regressed.

Z was showing all 3. He was out skating both his linemates at times. I was very impressed with the awareness he was showing in the cycling drills

If he can carry this over into games I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm really hoping some guys like him can resurrect their careers.

I'd say the only guys he's faster than are Larsson, Moulson, and Gorges... and maybe Risto. He's certainly near the bottom of the quickness rankings, ahead of only Bogo prolly.

I'd really like to know the results of the on ice testing yesterday, and from last year, just to see how guys have progressed or regressed.

He's slower than ROR, Reinhart, and Okposo? 

It's not even close, man, what team are you watching?

If he can carry this over into games I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm really hoping some guys like him can resurrect their careers.

I was encouraged by the fact that the closer to game situations the drills got the better Z looked.

I was discouraged that the opposite seemed true of guhle. I don't think he is ready

I think Zemgus's edgework isn't very good when he's battling on the wall. He seems to get knocked over all the time. He hangs onto the puck half the time, but it's definitely something I'd like to see Zemgus improve.

(Zemgus)

Agreed, all of his skating skill is straight-line speed. 

He and Bailey should spend some time with the skating coach with their edges.