Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Burmi retired about 5 years ago, he is just announcing it now...

Sad to hear about Bower.....great goalie.

He spent what.. 12 seasons in the AHL?  Man.. imagine the way posters on this forum might have talked about him.  :)

Dude was insane.. then again any goalie playing without mask was insane, but his poke checks?  C'mon.

He spent what.. 12 seasons in the AHL?  Man.. imagine the way posters on this forum might have talked about him.  :)

Dude was insane.. then again any goalie playing without mask was insane, but his poke checks?  C'mon.

Yup.  Got his big break in the NHL at 34.  He played another 12 years and retired at 45.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Rinaldo gets six games for his sucker punch.

Un ###### believable

I don't have a problem with that. I think Rinaldo honestly thought he was being challenged for a clean hit (a bigger issue) and didn't realize that he was just trying to skate by him to get to the play.

If I thought I was getting attacked from behind I might start throwin too.

well Ottawa's a mess, playing far worse then the Sabres, while the Amerks lost a game. They are playing better then the big club. The NHL (and Bettman although I hate to give him anything good) sure were smart in changing the expansion rules that allowed the vegas team to be very good very fast. What this does is immediately raise the expansion fee for the next team by a ton of good old cash...

Off topic, I was watching the Queen give her wonderful Xmas speach and was thinking what a wonderful lady she is and how sad it'll be when she passes...which brought me to my next question...who takes over from her? Surely not that thing Charles is with?

I'd do Reinhart for Duclair. Duclair is having a bad season and it's still better than Reinhart's, his speed would be a better fit for our team, and it would provide a nice culture shakeup. Classic change of scenery trade.

This is Duclair's second consecutive bad season. He had 15 points last year! Ya know, the year that Sam had 47. Duclair's value is much closer to that of Girgensons than it is to Reinhart.

No thanks on Duclair.  He can't make it on the Coyotes after not making it on the Rangers.  

The Coyotes are horrible.  They have to know the best they will get is some 5th round pick or another "change of scenery" guy who's also washed out.  Why would you even bother to move him unless he's also no good for the team/locker room?

That's red flags everywhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.