Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

**Lose in OT. Trades goalie **

The Devils need the extra goalie because of things like this, which happened last night, leading to a goal that could not be challenged:

https://i.imgur.com/UHjPVOl.png

(Hint:  Count the number of Capitals. And yes, Holtby *is* back there in the net.)

Edited by Eleven

It's his all time low trade value. I csn understand wanting to move on but the timing couldn't be worse.

Exactly. They should not be looking to trade Reinhart right now whatsoever. They should sign him to a short term bridge deal (that still leaves him as an RFA with one season remaining) and hope he regains form.

Reinhart's value right now isn't great but imagine a 50 point Reinhart locked up for 3 years at only $3 million per year. I imagine that Reinhart would be worth a lot more.

Exactly. They should not be looking to trade Reinhart right now whatsoever. They should sign him to a short term bridge deal (that still leaves him as an RFA with one season remaining) and hope he regains form.

Reinhart's value right now isn't great but imagine a 50 point Reinhart locked up for 3 years at only $3 million per year. I imagine that Reinhart would be worth a lot more.

I believe his qualifying offer is something like 4.25mil

Someone want to let me know about that? 

I believe his qualifying offer is something like 4.25mil

Someone want to let me know about that? 

I'm not sure about that, but I'm definitely no salary cap/CBA expert. Spotrac says his current contract is 3 years/$10.725 million but the bulk of that is from incentives he never actually earned and I don't believe those factor into a qualifying offer.

According to Cap Friendly his qualifying offer needs to be 105% of his base salary ($832,500), which would put it just under $875,000.

https://www.capfriendly.com/qualifying-offer-calculator

Edited by Alkoholist

Oh well in that case, give him like 2mil for 2 years and tell him to prove it. 

I don't think he'll take an offer that low. $2 million is what 20 point guys earn and even in this crappy season he's already on pace for that much and will likely improve in the second half rather than treading water or regressing further.

I don't think he'll take an offer that low. $2 million is what 20 point guys earn and even in this crappy season he's already on pace for that much and will likely improve in the second half rather than treading water or regressing further.

He very well may finish in the 20s. In which case I go with Liger's deal. Not that he'd except it. Not sure if he'd have the choice though.

18 points in the final 43 games to get to 30 is certainly doable, if he stays healthy, but it would mean an increase of his current p/gp of .31 to .42 over the remainder of the season.

Watching Vegas-Nashville. The Nashville broadcast had a dude (formerly?)from the front office explaining how expansion drafts work and what not. Was slurring his words twice as hard as would be required to have him hauled out of a car. And they put him on tv anyway.

The Vegas flu is real, folks. This can and will not continue.

Watching Vegas-Nashville. The Nashville broadcast had a dude (formerly?)from the front office explaining how expansion drafts work and what not. Was slurring his words twice as hard as would be required to have him hauled out of a car. And they put him on tv anyway.

The Vegas flu is real, folks. This can and will not continue.

Believe me Vegas is good. Think what you want they roll 4 lines and the second line might be better than their first. Their defense is young and fast and both their goaltenders are solid. They work hard and hustle and that can beat skill on any given night. I can thank Florida for giving us a coach and two excellent players in Smith and Marchessault. This is a true team. This is the most excited I’ve been watching hockey. This team is just damn exciting. I know because most of us transplants that live in Vegas now see firsthand how good this team is. Edited by SabresBillsFan

Hard to dispute the numbers but I think at some point, (playoffs?), the land of misfit toys comes back to earth.

Their success will make it impossible to trade the UFAs they have without turning off the fanbase.  So now they will have to decide to sign a few and a few will walk for nothing which might interrupt the plan they had in place for the first 5 years.  Of course, winning this year is cementing them with the fans as well so it's kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

It was okay to be good... but perhaps they are just TOO good.  :)

The Leafs had a wonderful tribute to Johnny Bower.  I really liked it.  No overblown pomp and circumstance.  It was classy and meaningful.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-give-late-johnny-bower-amazing-farewell/

He very well may finish in the 20s. In which case I go with Liger's deal. Not that he'd except it. Not sure if he'd have the choice though.

18 points in the final 43 games to get to 30 is certainly doable, if he stays healthy, but it would mean an increase of his current p/gp of .31 to .42 over the remainder of the season.

If the Sabres really try to lowball Reinhart with a $2 million offer I'm sure he'll have no problem soliciting an offer sheet from some team. They can offer him up to $3.925 million and all they'd have to give the Sabres (if they don't match) is a 2nd round pick. That would be monumentally stupid of the Sabres, even worse than the Bills low balling Gillislee and allowing the cheating Massholes to poach him for peanuts all because they wanted to save a few bucks. If the Bills had kept Gilleslee maybe we wouldn't have to see Tolbert get the ball so much in bad situations.

If the Sabres really try to lowball Reinhart with a $2 million offer I'm sure he'll have no problem soliciting an offer sheet from some team. They can offer him up to $3.925 million and all they'd have to give the Sabres (if they don't match) is a 2nd round pick. That would be monumentally stupid of the Sabres, even worse than the Bills low balling Gillislee and allowing the cheating Massholes to poach him for peanuts all because they wanted to save a few bucks. If the Bills had kept Gilleslee maybe we wouldn't have to see Tolbert get the ball so much in bad situations.

And then the Sabres happily match.

Reinhart will have to choose between a one year cheap deal, or a three year deal that is more than his play warrants, but well under what he would have expected a year ago. Something like one year at $2.2 or three years at $3.5.

Sabres are in a good position there.

And then the Sabres happily match.

Reinhart will have to choose between a one year cheap deal, or a three year deal that is more than his play warrants, but well under what he would have expected a year ago. Something like one year at $2.2 or three years at $3.5.

Sabres are in a good position there.

Yup, and no one offer sheets anyone anyways. It's not happening to Reinhart.

Great signing by the Knights. Watching him practice and play here in Vegas I just can’t believe Florida let a 30 goal guy go. He’s a great player. Those are the types of moves that get GM’s Fired.

Florida left there coach at an arena waiting for a cab to the airport... They might be the worst franchise in the league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.