OT: The John Labatt Brew House

LGR4GM

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/26/labatt-restaurant-brewery-called-john-labatt-house/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1493218043

"Labatt USA confirmed Wednesday it will open a flagship restaurant and small test brewery called the "John Labatt House" in the Cobblestone District as part of a project by Pegula Sports and Entertainment to redevelop a five-story warehouse on Perry Street near KeyBank Center."

Edited by LGR4GM

Do a lot of people still drink Labatt? Just wondering how much the craft brew market ate into their sales.

Sometimes you drink for quality, sometimes you drink for quantity. And sometimes you're just don't wanna spend 6$ on a craft beer. People still drink Labatt's, I'm sorry, Blue and Blue Light. 

Sometimes you drink for quality, sometimes you drink for quantity. And sometimes you're just don't wanna spend 6$ on a craft beer. People still drink Labatt's, I'm sorry, Blue and Blue Light.

Yep. I'm only drinking one craft beer. I drink Blue light just to keep me in the game.

And I'm convinced I'm the reason they sell Labatt's in northern Jersey (at least in Bergen county, anyway).

It's a great move.  The Genny Brew House is awesome in Rochester.  They will turn out great beer at that location on their pilot system.  

The brewers at these companies know how to make beer.  

The investment only improve the Buffalo area.

From Vogl's piece today:

Think about it. Fans can have dinner at the John Labatt House, watch Pegula’s hockey team and follow up the game with drinks at the Pegula-owned 716 Food & Sport. If they have too many beers, the fans can head upstairs to the hotel in the Pegula-built HarborCenter or use Pegula Sports and Entertainment’s One Buffalo app to summon Uber, the ride-sharing company that is a partner with the Pegula-owned Bills and Sabres.

This is another reason why I'm not throwing TP and PSE under the bus. He has made his share of mistakes as the owner of our teams, but his ownership ensure our teams stsy in Buffalo and he has invested hundreds of million in our city; maybe more then any person in living memory..

+1

If you asked me whether I'd rather have the city succeed or the teams succeed I'll take the city every time. 

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't have BOTH, which would be nice.

I am Craft Beer Guy to a fault at times, but I keep a case of Blue Light in my work shop for when I'm doing stuff in there or around the house. Its what the body needs.

I am Craft Beer Guy to a fault at times, but I keep a case of Blue Light in my work shop for when I'm doing stuff in there or around the house. Its what the body needs.

Very much the same. I'll alternate between Blue Light and Genny Light. I love the latter now that they've gone back to those classic-looking blue cans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.