Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

And still you won't consider that she was using the same language. Why? Is it because women are incapable of speaking so crudely? May not be a nice person? Who gives a ######? What if she called him a ######? That's the f word that rhymes with maggot.

Okay, just to wrap this up. First, I doubt this report is accurate. Second, I think we think in a world of relativism and not right or wrong. I could care less the gender of the offender. Having said all that if I own the company and say something as you speculate" is possible" then an employee can either walk away or resign. I think to retaliate in like manner only takes you to the same level. I doubt this story to begin with.

In a professional/business setting there really is no place for language like that. On the other hand, they're adults and both parties should be able to overlook situations like this and move on; preferably with some form of communication by both parties as to why it got to that point. Where it affects the livelihoods of several tiers of employees within an organization, not to mention hundreds of thousands of fans, I would hope that one person wouldn't fire a key component of the organization because of a word.

And again, just like Kane, people are passing judgment without knowing all the details. That makes for a bad outcome.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Okay, just to wrap this up. First, I doubt this report is accurate. Second, I think we think in a world of relativism and not right or wrong. I could care less the gender of the offender. Having said all that if I own the company and say something as you speculate" is possible" then an employee can either walk away or resign. I think to retaliate in like manner only takes you to the same level. I doubt this story to begin with.

Well alright then.

Well, it doesn't seem possible that the story can ever be truly confirmed.

11 -- did your source actually witness this interaction?  Or was he repeating a story he heard?

If it's the former, and if 11 believes the source to be an honest person, that's good enough for me.

He did not say that he witnessed it nor would I expect him to have, but he's the kind of person that moves in the right circles and who would know things.

I'm not implying that 11 is lying. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to make up something like that. (For the record, I wasn't implying that you thought that. ;))

But, I'm not going to move on and later on down the road get into a conversation about Murray and have it go something like this, "I thought Murray was a good GM, he probably deserved one more year to prove himself. But I lost respect for him when somebody I don't know personally, on an Internet forum said that an unknown source told him he called the boss a ######." 

I'm literally laughing my ass off over here. 

Very fair point.

I exist in a world where I like to know the contents of the entire conversation. And I never said he was right. I just figured she could be equally wrong. It is in the realm of possibilities.

And still you won't consider that she was using the same language. Why? Is it because women are incapable of speaking so crudely? May not be a nice person? Who gives a ######? What if she called him a ######? That's the f word that rhymes with maggot.

Also very fair points.

Entirely possible. What's more probable is that none of us will ever know. So, this is pretty pointless.

That's a definite.

I bet if we were still in the playoffs, TPegs of Kpegs wouldn't have cared if he called her a ###### ###### ######.

Maybe.

This is dumb. TM never called her that or any other name. Complete fabrication.

I agree.  He would have been gone instantly and anyone witnessing the event would have come forth at the time.  Not bashing Eleven but this is too much of a reach in my mind.  The demonization of Muuray will grow until the dogs turn on Bobblehead and then the nostalgic longing will commence.

• 2 weeks later...

I am expecting that deposed #Sabres GM Tim Murray will join his old friends/colleagues Chuck Fletcher and Brent Flahr in #Minnesota.

Per Grant McCann a scout based in Ottawa

Whatever. Minnesota sucks. All they do is give us sh!tty white kid hockey names and piss poor hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.