Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

At the very least this contradicts our opinion of Murray being a guy who is calm and in control, which was half his appeal.

Well, that I will grant you. I just really want to know what both sides were saying to each other that would lead one side calling the other a . I've had heated arguments with at least 2 of my bosses, one of which is female, and I wouldn't even think to swear. And I pretty much swear all the time. I wanna know what both sides said. I mean, if they were at a business lunch and she was like "hmm, I think I'll have the almond salad and a side of...."

GMTM: "!!!"

Ya know? I want to know what got it there. Just curious.

Even if you can make an argument that there is a good time to swear at anybody to their face (there really isn't), it is completely unprofessional to do so in any sort of business situation. If he's saying that to the owner of the team, imagine what he says to other GM's and people within the league, much less his own employees. Someone who does that sort of thing is so unhinged that they should not be employed, much less in a managment position.

Well, that I will grant you. I just really want to know what both sides were saying to each other that would lead one side calling the other a ######. I've had heated arguments with at least 2 of my bosses, one of which is female, and I wouldn't even think to swear. And I pretty much swear all the time. I wanna know what both sides said. I mean, if they were at a business lunch and she was like "hmm, I think I'll have the almond salad and a side of...."

GMTM: "######!!!"

You guys should have tried being a young lawyer about 10-15 years ago.  Senior partners used to be notorious for their invective.

I've noticed that my generation does not do the same to the young ones.

EDIT: Quick story time.  Boss once said to me, "I don't know whether to ###### punch you or ###### fire you."  This was for something VERY minor, I assure you.  My response:  "Well, pick one quickly, because you're not going to get to do the other."  Had to stand up to that guy to get any respect.

Edited by Eleven

Well, that I will grant you. I just really want to know what both sides were saying to each other that would lead one side calling the other a ######. I've had heated arguments with at least 2 of my bosses, one of which is female, and I wouldn't even think to swear. And I pretty much swear all the time. I wanna know what both sides said. I mean, if they were at a business lunch and she was like "hmm, I think I'll have the almond salad and a side of...."

GMTM: "######!!!"

True, I'm sure there was a lead up. Still, if you can't keep your head in those situations you're not the type of person I want running my...anything really.

You guys should have tried being a young lawyer about 10-15 years ago.  Senior partners used to be notorious for their invective.

I just have low opinions of people who drop to name calling in just about any situation, much less a business environment.

Or is the story evolved from Murray freely using the word in front of her and in other professional situations to Murray actually calling her that. I could see Murray making the former mistake and I could see it being an issue for the Pegulas.

Or is the story evolved from Murray freely using the word in front of her and in other professional situations to Murray actually calling her that. I could see Murray making the former mistake and I could see it being an issue for the Pegulas.

So this was the relevant portion of my conversation:

Q:  So you're saying he dropped a couple of c-bombs in front of her?

A:  Over the course of the season, yeah.

Q:  Did he actually *call* her that?

A:  Yeah.  It's a wonder he wasn't fired right then and there.

I'd better hope this guy doesn't read the board; he'll never speak to me again!

Edited by Eleven

You guys should have tried being a young lawyer about 10-15 years ago. Senior partners used to be notorious for their invective.

EDIT: Quick story time. Boss once said to me, "I don't know whether to ###### punch you or ###### fire you." This was for something VERY minor, I assure you. My response: "Well, pick one quickly, because you're not going to get to do the other." Had to stand up to that guy to get any respect.

10-15 years ago I was a young craps dealer. I heard much worse, every single night. From the players I was dealing to, from the other craps dealers and from my boxmen who couldn't figure out how a kid as retarded as me could ever get out of craps class.

The abuse that we would take in the first year of dealing that game was brutal. But hey, 12 years later I run the entire gaming floor. And I did it without ever calling an employee a retard.

I am hearing from a pretty reliable source.that Murray called Kim a particularly nasty name (it begins with a c and it rhymes with both a football play and a baseball play) a couple of times during the season.  To her face.  Source was wondering why he wasn't fired right then and there.

Appreciate you posting this.

Very interesting take & if true, well, it's pretty obvious why the Sabres have a new GM. I expect to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now. But, if true, wow what an ultramaroon.

& not discounting it because you posted it (you being the poster that brought this to light actually gives it great credibilty & plausibilty), just would like confirmation that he could be that insubordinate before fully accepting it.

Appreciate you posting this.

Very interesting take & if true, well, it's pretty obvious why the Sabres have a new GM. I expect to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now. But, if true, wow what an ultramaroon.

& not discounting it because you posted it (you being the poster that brought this to light actually gives it great credibilty & plausibilty), just would like confirmation that he could be that insubordinate before fully accepting it.

Me  too.

10-15 years ago I was a young craps dealer. I heard much worse, every single night. From the players I was dealing to, from the other craps dealers and from my boxmen who couldn't figure out how a kid as retarded as me could ever get out of craps class.

The abuse that we would take in the first year of dealing that game was ###### brutal. But hey, 12 years later I run the entire gaming floor. And I did it without ever calling an employee a retard.

You're doing it the right way.

The abuse that we would take in the first year of dealing that game was ###### brutal. But hey, 12 years later I run the entire gaming floor. And I did it without ever calling an employee a retard.

:clapping:

EDIT: Quick story time.  Boss once said to me, "I don't know whether to ###### punch you or ###### fire you."  This was for something VERY minor, I assure you.  My response:  "Well, pick one quickly, because you're not going to get to do the other."  Had to stand up to that guy to get any respect.

Fantastic!  :D

Until this is confirmed, my opinion of Murray will not change. 

But what if he was right? I mean, the word exists for a reason.

Can't fathom what world you exist in. He wasn't right if he said it. End of story. Our society today really concerns me when we even over look or spin these things to be acceptable. Our president was elected after talking in this way. Not that long ago it would have been very costly regardless. I am not talking politics here just pointing out where we're at in society today.

Well, it doesn't seem possible that the story can ever be truly confirmed.

11 -- did your source actually witness this interaction?  Or was he repeating a story he heard?

If it's the former, and if 11 believes the source to be an honest person, that's good enough for me.

11 -- did your source actually witness this interaction?  Or was he repeating a story he heard?

If it's the former, and if 11 believes the source to be an honest person, that's good enough for me.

Yeah, I kind of trust Eleven implicitly.

Just bustin' your chops here, but how can you kind of trust someone implicitly?

See, this is the kind of grammar policing we need around here. :D  You can't, its hedging, but I'll leave it up for posterity's sake.

Edited by sabills

I'm not implying that 11 is lying. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to make up something like that. (For the record, I wasn't implying that you thought that. ;))

But, I'm not going to move on and later on down the road get into a conversation about Murray and have it go something like this, "I thought Murray was a good GM, he probably deserved one more year to prove himself. But I lost respect for him when somebody I don't know personally, on an Internet forum said that an unknown source told him he called the boss a ######." 

See, this is the kind of grammar policing we need around here. You can't, its hedging, but I'll leave it up for posterity's sake.

I'm literally laughing my ass off over here. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Can't fathom what world you exist in. He wasn't right if he said it. End of story. Our society today really concerns me when we even over look or spin these things to be acceptable.

I exist in a world where I like to know the contents of the entire conversation. And I never said he was right. I just figured she could be equally wrong. It is in the realm of possibilities.

What is it with GMs in this town calling relatives of the owners or in this case the actual owner that word. The story was Bill Polian called Linda Bogdan, Ralph's Daughter a c*** as well.

That's the first thing that came to mind for me.  It feels like a recycling of that Polian story.

Hire me, I'll break that streak for you

I exist in a world where I like to know the contents of the entire conversation. And I never said he was right. I just figured she could be equally wrong. It is in the realm of possibilities.

My point is she may not be a nice person, I have no idea. It doesn't matter using gutter language reflects on the one using it. I've employed people and managed people for over thirty years before retiring. I would immediately dismiss an employee for using those terms without them offering a defense for doing it.

My point is she may not be a nice person, I have no idea. It doesn't matter using gutter language reflects on the one using it. I've employed people and managed people for over thirty years before retiring. I would immediately dismiss an employee for using those terms without them offering a defense for doing it.

And still you won't consider that she was using the same language. Why? Is it because women are incapable of speaking so crudely? May not be a nice person? Who gives a ? What if she called him a ? That's the f word that rhymes with maggot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.