Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

:lol:

Like I'd said last week, IF Murray was planning on keeping Bylsma (& it now appears he was) then having Brandon overseeing the Sabres might in this ONE INSTANCE work out in our favor. :P

Now lets move Lombardi into Russ' role & bring in Fenton or Botteril to the Murray role. I'd trust that brain trust to pick a coach that can work w/ the current crew.

You want Lombardi to run the business side?

Graham be straight trolling.

This gets old, too.

This gets old, too.

As does the reflexive rejection of the accusation.

Sometimes, it fits.

If he isn't trolling, then he is straight shilling for Brandon.

The "power take" included praise, from unnamed FO types (read: Brandon), that the OneBuffalo/PSE was running much better under Brandon's oversight.

I'm sure all the STH -- with their lengthy playoff droughts between them -- take great comfort from the reported efficiency being brought to bear within the franchises. 

What a load of steaming sh1t that piece was.

Edited by That Aud Smell

As does the reflexive rejection of the accusation.

Sometimes, it fits.

The "power take" included praise, from unnamed FO types (read: Brandon), that the OneBuffalo/PSE was running much better under Brandon's oversight.

I'm sure all the STH -- with their lengthy playoff droughts between them -- take great comfort from the reported efficiency being brought to bear within the franchises. 

What a load of steaming sh1t that piece was.

I get the feeling that Graham doesn't like writing the "Power Take" pieces and just shrugs them off, like he did today.  I've had that feeling before.

I liked Amy Moritz's bit on gymnastics.

I didn't read whoever was to the left of Graham--don't remember if it was Gleason or Sullivan, but it was one of them.

That may be. Better to shrug off with some weak sauce, then -- not with high praise for Pegula's toady.

I didn't read it as high praise.  I read it as, "get off his back, he doesn't run the Sabres, here's what he actually does."  I still didn't see a lot of effort in that one, though!

Edited by Eleven

You want Lombardi to run the business side?

This gets old, too.

No. I want him head of the hockey department under the title of Team President which at present is Brandon's title.

I want the guy in charge of making sure the pieces of the bench doors fit together reporting to the guy in charge of making sure the guys are there to allow line combos to fit together rather than the other way round which is what they had last year.

I didn't read it as high praise.  I read it as, "get off his back, he doesn't run the Sabres, here's what he actually does."  I still didn't see a lot of effort in that one, though!

Hmm. Seems to me the piece abounds with praise for everything Brandon has helped accomplish (keeping the Bills in town, for starters, and moving on to scoring the World Juniors and a return of the NCAA basketball tournament).

As for distancing Brandon from actually running the teams, Graham offered: 

[W]ith [brandon] as their top general, the Pegulas finally might be deciphering this big-league ownership stuff. The Pegulas last week fired Sabres GM Tim Murray and coach Dan Bylsma, a two-fer decision they weren't bold enough to make on the Bills five months earlier.

There are reasons to be encouraged if you look, and Brandon's involved.

In other words: Brandon is helping the Pegulas learn how to be owners (i.e., he's teaching them how to behave in being owners); there's progress to be seen in the fact that the Pegulas fired both the Sabres GM and HC at once, after they recently didn't go as far with the Bills; and Brandon is involved in what's encouraging with the PSE-owned sports teams (to include being bold enough to fire an entire FO rather going with half a loaf as they did with the Bills).

Sounds to me like Graham thinks Brandon is playing a significant role in the running of both the Sabres and Bills.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Can someone explain the whole Brandon thing to me? What has he done to be hated?

Mainly, he moved a bunch of Buffalo Bills (NFL team) home games for Toronto, one per season, for a few seasons.

He also was the de facto GM of the Bills for a short period of time, despite the fact that his background is in business and not marketing.

The prevailing theory (to which I do not subscribe) is that, as a high-level executive with both the Bills and the Sabres, he is involved with player / personnel decisions despite a lack of qualifications with respect to either team.

No. I want him head of the hockey department under the title of Team President which at present is Brandon's title.

I want the guy in charge of making sure the pieces of the bench doors fit together reporting to the guy in charge of making sure the guys are there to allow line combos to fit together rather than the other way round which is what they had last year.

You lost me on the last point.

I think the Sabres would be wise to change the titles. It's too confusing when you have two presidents, like when LaFontaine and Black were there. Brandon's title alone makes people think he's doing hockey stuff.

It can't be an honest opinion?

Can someone explain the whole Brandon thing to me? What has he done to be hated?

Not sure (Im a NYG fan) but from what I've gathered on here is that he was responsible for scheduling a few Bills home games in toronto a few years back. I think the people on here think he's a puppet master making decisions behing the scenes. They could be right for all I know, but my understanding is that he runs the bills badly.

Mainly, he moved a bunch of Buffalo Bills (NFL team) home games for Toronto, one per season, for a few seasons.

He also was the de facto GM of the Bills for a short period of time, despite the fact that his background is in business and not marketing.

The prevailing theory (to which I do not subscribe) is that, as a high-level executive with both the Bills and the Sabres, he is involved with player / personnel decisions despite a lack of qualifications with respect to either team.

Plus he put his thumb on the scale with the hiring of Rex by telling him the Pegula's like red wine and to bring some with him to the interview. It wouldn't surprise me if he slipped him a few bible quotes to casually throw in during the discussion either but that's just my own speculation and my guess for how Rex was able to squeak through the religious barrier to being hired. That's probably my biggest issue with him other than selling games to Toronto. He shouldn't be involved in decisions that directly impact the on field/on ice product. Either way, both things revolve around the same issue which is sacrificing potential success on the field/ice in exchange for increasing the bottom line. That's why I hate him and I've venture to guess that's why many fans dislike him.

Edited by Drunkard

Plus he put his thumb on the scale with the hiring of Rex by telling him the Pegula's like red wine and to bring some with him to the interview. It wouldn't surprise me if he slipped him a few bible quotes to casually throw in during the discussion either but that's just my own speculation and my guess for how Rex was able to squeak through the religious barrier to being hired. That's probably my biggest issue with him other than selling games to Toronto. He shouldn't be involved in decisions that directly impact the on field/on ice product. Either way, both things revolve around the same issue which is sacrificing potential success on the field/ice in exchange for increasing the bottom line. That's why I hate him and I've venture to guess that's why many fans dislike him.

People are also forgetting Doug Marrone and the no stone left unturned search that resulted in him hiring the coach from his alma mater.

He's the best coach the Bills have had in what, a decade?

Eh.

Regardless, Brandon just happening to select a coach from Syracuse is too convenient to me. I was not a fan of that process. I think he flat out lied about the process and had Marrone pre-selected.

Eh.

Regardless, Brandon just happening to select a coach from Syracuse is too convenient to me. I was not a fan of that process. I think he flat out lied about the process and had Marrone pre-selected.

Also, Brandon went to Fisher.

You'll never convince the bean counters the Toronto series was a bad move. Rogers paid $9MM/game. A sold-out Ralph Wilson Stadium is a little over $3MM/game gross. 

You'll never convince the bean counters the Toronto series was a bad move. Rogers paid $9MM/game. A sold-out Ralph Wilson Stadium is a little over $3MM/game gross. 

Besides the concessions income lost (or at least the contract money lost to whomever runs the cocessions), $3M / 75000 is $40 per seat. That seems a little low.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.