Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Well, I did say that I felt it more likely that both were fired than just Bylsma.

I think that either Murray was very loyal to the coach and said I will not fire him and then Pegula fired both.  Or, maybe this was the plan all along.  Have an untried GM guide the ship through the dark ages and make the easy pics to get us going in the right direction and then get some tried and true to really complete the re-birth.  A very experienced hockey man that knows how to build a winner.

I suspect that Friday when Pegula addresses the media (I think that was posted up thread) Lombardi will be with him and he will be introduced as the President of Hockey Operations, but not GM.  I am not sure if Sutter will be coming along as coach, but I would tend to think not.

If nothing else the owners are just like the fans and really love the drama.

I still don't think Bylsma was given a fair shake and I think that Murray said that I will not fire him, so TP fired both.

Very interesting take.

Wow, unbelievable. I don't have time to catch up on the thread so I'm sure some of my thoughts will have already been posted.

I didn't see this coming at all, and I don't agree with firing Tim Murray. It was a disappointing season but I don't 3 years is enough time for a GM, especially one in Tim's situation. Terry knew going in that the plan was to rebuild, and I don't think it's fair to expect a GM to complete a rebuild in just 3 years. One more disappointing season, then I would have been on board.

Which leads me to wonder if Pegula wanted Dan gone, and Murray said he was going with him because he didn't agree with it. 

I wonder what kind of impact this will have on the potential signing of Antipin from the KHL?

I also wonder what kind of impact this will have on the expansion draft. A few weeks ago Tim Murray dropped a hint that maybe he had done George McPhee a favor in the past and was expecting one in return, relating to the expansion draft. Well obviously that won't be happening now.

Everyone is talking about bringing back Patty, or Ruff or Nolan....but what about bringing Darcy Reiger in for another round.

I'm serious. Think about it. With this core, and his ability to make trades, Darcy can lead this team to a Stanley Cup.

Think about it.

Just kidding. That's a horrible idea.

Joke, or not, I tell you that you are lucky I'm not in charge around here ... that is a ban worthy offence you posted.

:P

Everyone is talking about bringing back Patty, or Ruff or Nolan....but what about bringing Darcy Reiger in for another round.

I'm serious. Think about it. With this core, and his ability to make trades, Darcy can lead this team to a Stanley Cup.

Think about it.

Just kidding. That's a horrible idea.

Just like those other ideas

Pegula to hold a press conference tomorrow at 10am.

Bucky, Sully and Harrington are drooling right now

TP: Good morning, I'm sure you have questions. Mike (Harrington), you first.

MH: You weren't present at the end of season press conference. Do you hate the media, or do you just feel that it's not worth your time to discuss the worst season of hockey ever played?

TP: That's all for now. Thank you.

John Vogl - 

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/20/sabres-fire-murray-bylsma/ 

Other familiar names include Phil Housley, who is an assistant coach with Nashville, and Chris Drury, who is the assistant GM with the New York Rangers and part of the USA Hockey world championship management team. Rick Dudley is the assistant GM with Montreal. Pittsburgh Assistant GM Jason Botterill is a rising young executive who played in Buffalo.

Former Sabres assistant Kevyn Adams, who runs the Pegula-owned Academy of Hockey, is also well-regarded in the organization. Jack Eichel's college coach, David Quinn of Boston University, could also be interested.

Edited by LGR4GM

He makes money marketing 2 of the worst franchises in sports. He's better at his job than any coach or gm either team has ever had.

He still has a voice, and if you can't make money running an NFL team, you are a complete moron.

Fire Brandon and let's get someone in here with a winning and hockey and football pedigree for both franchises.

TP: Good morning, I'm sure you have questions. Mike (Harrington), you first.

MH: You weren't present at the end of season press conference. Do you hate the media, or do you just feel that it's not worth your time to discuss the worst season of hockey ever played?

TP: That's all for now. Thank you.

Nice :lol:

It's like the Red Wedding but with Hockey.

Very nice.

A little shocked by Murray getting canned but this organization went backward and the Americans were brutal as well. He moved to many picks for what he thought could help this club right now and it didn't pan out.

This is a good point, and one that TP probably took into consideration -- i.e. why is the cupboard bare?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.