The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

17 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I didn't even watch the video.  I've seen him in other things though and he tries way too hard to be funny.

It's all good.  It's personal taste.  I find him rather funny in this and other things.  Some people find Jim Breuer funny... I can't stand him.

• Like (+1) 1

I dropped my wife off at the airport this morning; she's going to visit her family in Albany, NY, including her dad who has Alzheimer's and her new great nephew, the son of her niece who is the daughter she never had.  Since neither of our boys are hinting at wanting children, this is the closest thing to a grandchild we may get.

I wish Southwest Airlines was at an airport closer to us than Dallas Love Field.  They seem like they're a good combination of price and service, but they don't fly out of DFW Airport.  We actually pass DFW on the way to Love Field.

There's talk of starting passenger service at a small airport in Fort Worth proper (it's charter service only at the moment).  That would be shorter for us than either Love Field or DFW.

Anyway, I'm a bachelor again for almost two weeks.

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I dropped my wife off at the airport this morning; she's going to visit her family in Albany, NY, including her dad who has Alzheimer's and her new great nephew, the son of her niece who is the daughter she never had.  Since neither of our boys are hinting at wanting children, this is the closest thing to a grandchild we may get.

I wish Southwest Airlines was at an airport closer to us than Dallas Love Field.  They seem like they're a good combination of price and service, but they don't fly out of DFW Airport.  We actually pass DFW on the way to Love Field.

There's talk of starting passenger service at a small airport in Fort Worth proper (it's charter service only at the moment).  That would be shorter for us than either Love Field or DFW.

Anyway, I'm a bachelor again for almost two weeks.

Toga!!  Toga!!  Toga!! ...

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

A whole scene from Animal House just played out in my head.  A scene, mind you, that is not fit to be repeated on a family friendly forum.

Exactly why I used those two emojis lol

Edited by North Buffalo

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

See, now that I can see the emojis, I know exactly what scene.

I know SDS can't fix this. I also know I can't ask IT at work to upgrade to Windows 10 just so I can see images on SabreSpace.

It is a predicament.

Yes it is, same issue here

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

So I share an office with a co-worker. He listens the WBEE, the local country station. Everyday at noon they place the national anthem or God bless America or both supposedly. 

This seems like pandering of the highest order. 

A former employer used to play the anthem in the shop every day at noon to signify the start for lunch.

17 minutes ago, Weave said:

A former employer used to play the anthem in the shop every day at noon to signify the start for lunch.

We sometimes get together and play the anthem of a random country and read out 2-3 facts about that country... 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, josie said:

We sometimes get together and play the anthem of a random country and read out 2-3 facts about that country... 

When you do Canada ...

1.)  The East coast is the best coast.

2.)  Toronto is best known as The Great Satan.

3.)  We tend to say 'eh' a lot, eh.

1 hour ago, N S said:

When you do Canada ...

1.)  The East coast is the best coast.

2.)  Toronto is best known as The Great Satan.

3.)  We tend to say 'eh' a lot, eh.

And the best place to live is Sunnyvale Trailer Park. Liquor, dope, hash coins, piss jugs, smokes, and chicken fingers (the good kind). Oh, and theft under $1,000 means you'll be out of jail in time for the next season of the show.

57 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

And the best place to live is Sunnyvale Trailer Park. Liquor, dope, hash coins, piss jugs, smokes, and chicken fingers (the good kind). Oh, and theft under $1,000 means you'll be out of jail in time for the next season of the show.

You are correct on all accounts.

So, please replace my #3 with the above.

Thank you for making SabreSpace a better place.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

So I share an office with a co-worker. He listens the WBEE, the local country station. Everyday at noon they place the national anthem or God bless America or both supposedly. 

This seems like pandering of the highest order. 

I suppose it's not pandering any more than some other station who might have their own pre-set programming at a specific time.  I know 103.3 used to have manditory Metalica at a certain time each day.  In both cases, they're playing to their audiences.

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

I suppose it's not pandering any more than some other station who might have their own pre-set programming at a specific time.  I know 103.3 used to have manditory Metalica at a certain time each day.  In both cases, they're playing to their audiences.

The difference in my mind is that 103.3 would have Metallica on their playlist normally, as they are a Rock music station. Last time I checked, the national anthem/God Bless America isn't a country song (it is technically a song about a country) that would be played normally. That's where the pandering accusation comes from - a sort of forced patriotism.

4 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

The difference in my mind is that 103.3 would have Metallica on their playlist normally, as they are a Rock music station. Last time I checked, the national anthem/God Bless America isn't a country song (it is technically a song about a country) that would be played normally. That's where the pandering accusation comes from - a sort of forced patriotism.

But if they play it every day, it is in fact in their rotation.  In general, the demographics for those stations aren't going to have an issue with it, so there's nothing forced about it.

My boss just liked to me and the rest of his staff stating "I already know the answer to these questions (which I know he didn't) but I want to see if you guys know the answer."  I've been with the company 19 years and only one other time I can remember a superior just blantatly lying like this. It didn't end well for him. I'm wondering if his fate will be similar. 

A couple hours later during a town hall meeting (hate the term but as dark would tell you, I hate most things) my boss barked at some temps who had enterened the cafeteria where we are having the meeting. They came in to grab their belongings to leave, rather than extend common courtesy and time to get their stuff he asks them what they are doing. It was clear to every person in the room what they were doing but they had the audacity to walk into a space commendeered momentarily and we're chastised for it. I really don't understand this guy. He genuinely seems to have my back but his methodology is bizzarre.