The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

https://www.gofundme.com/uganda-support

This is the link to the Gofundme for my trip to Uganda next month, I am currently in the process of stocking quinine, antibiotics, HIV medications, wound care supplies, as well as trying to gather some supplies for the children (Soccer balls, matching jerseys, etc) These are extremely generous people and I am very excited to spearhead this clinic.  My goal is to get enough supplies to stock the shelter and allow health care access to some of the locals I will train while down there.   Any help is greatly appreciated in this cause.

:thumbsup:

Awesome,

I just got a robocall from one of those IRS scams.  It was one of the strangest things I've ever heard.  It had a computerized voice with the most broken english I have ever heard.  I'm assuming it was an IRS scam because the english was so broken that I don't even know what it was trying to get me to do.

If you could choose exactly what you wanted, tell me what you would want with the soccer jerseys. I assume you want matching jerseys so that children can form teams? Give me your ideal scenario.

I don’t need the exact jerseys, but colors, number of jerseys in each color, sizes, etc.

So I got an email from Uganda, white tops and navy blue bottoms, is best. Viva BPS printed on them, and looking at 40 of each.... Is this something you have an ability to get a discount on?

A friend from college recently had his first baby.  I was looking through amazon for a gift yesterday and the first thing that popped up was a BU football onsie.  They shut that program down in 1997.  I really want to buy that one though.  My friend would laugh his ass off.  The mother wouldn't get it though, which completely kills the gift.

I have these reoccurring dreams where I’m trying to get somewhere and there’s all sorts of bizarre obstacles that confound me. Last night it was Sabres themed.

I went to bed early and had no knowledge of the ROR trade so that wasn’t the cause.

This time, in my dream, I’ve bartered my way onto a bus with the Sabres players. I get on the bus and head for the back. The bus is full of bags of cans and bottles. They’re everywhere so finding a seat is difficult. That’s the theme in these dreams. Difficulty everywhere I go.

I go all the way to the back of the bus but these cans are everywhere so I head back toward the front where I saw a few seats where the bags were on the floor. Sam Reinhart sits in the seat in front of me. As I sat in mine I said “What’s up, Max?”

He got super pissed and growled back “Max?!”

I said “Sorry, dude, I thought you were someone else.

Then I woke up.

Does anyone have that #blueprint picture the Sabres put out around the tank years, bragging about all the draft picks they had acquired?

I'm sure I do have it somewhere in a pile on the pool table. If nobody tracks it down by then, I'll try to remember to look for it this weekend.

I have these reoccurring dreams where I’m trying to get somewhere and there’s all sorts of bizarre obstacles that confound me. Last night it was Sabres themed.

I went to bed early and had no knowledge of the ROR trade so that wasn’t the cause.

This time, in my dream, I’ve bartered my way onto a bus with the Sabres players. I get on the bus and head for the back. The bus is full of bags of cans and bottles. They’re everywhere so finding a seat is difficult. That’s the theme in these dreams. Difficulty everywhere I go.

I go all the way to the back of the bus but these cans are everywhere so I head back toward the front where I saw a few seats where the bags were on the floor. Sam Reinhart sits in the seat in front of me. As I sat in mine I said “What’s up, Max?”

He got super pissed and growled back “Max?!”

I said “Sorry, dude, I thought you were someone else.

Then I woke up.

I can't remember the last time I dreamed.

I got a buddy who takes it out of the rent when the dryer in the laundry room in his building eats his quarters. He actually will take .75¢ out of the rent. I think that's hilarious.

Years from now he'll get a call from a collection agency with a bill for $7.50.

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Cristiano Ronaldo just signed with Juventes

Yeah there's a soccer thread but god dammit this is huge and the people need to know

You.

Everyone reads the Soccer Club news.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44785173

It appears to be real, but not quite official yet.  And not a record transfer fee either.  Probably due to CR7's age.

Edited by N S
oooppppssss ...

For the second time in less than a year, a house in my neighborhood was struck by lightning this past weekend.  Fortunately I wasn't around this time when it happened.  The two are so close together too.  It's not too often that you can seek out someone with first hand advice on this whole process by just walking across the street.  That other family just moved back in about a month ago.

And I hope I'm not blaming the victim here, but the two houses are the same exact model.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

For the second time in less than a year, a house in my neighborhood was struck by lightning this past weekend.  Fortunately I wasn't around this time when it happened.  The two are so close together too.  It's not too often that you can seek out someone with first hand advice on this whole process by just walking across the street.  That other family just moved back in about a month ago.

And I hope I'm not blaming the victim here, but the two houses are the same exact model.

You guys should all buy some lightning rods and install them on your roofs. I'm not sure why that concept went out of practice but when I used to sell insurance for Banker's Life and Casualty our target demographic was old people and that's one of the things my boss pointed out to me when he was first training me (that old people tend to have lightning rods on their houses).

I was driving on a 2-lane country road in upstate NYS a few days ago, where the deer are dense and an ongoing road hazard, and I saw a pretty gruesome car-deer collision.

(You might want to stop here if you are squeamish.)

I was traveling at about 50 mph, and I assume the car coming towards me was doing about the same.  It was dusk and darkening.  I could see, from about 50 yards away, a small deer in the other car's lane, with his hind legs and butt pretty much on top of the dividing line in the center of the road, and the rest of him facing the side -- so he was perpendicular to the oncoming car in the other lane.

As I got closer, it seemed apparent that the other car didn't see the deer, since the car didn't appear to be slowing down or honking or anything.

The car's left front bumper hit the deer squarely in the head and neck.

The deer was decapitated.  Its head and neck went spinning away from the collision like a frisbee and landed on the shoulder on my side of the road.  The rest of the deer's body just crumpled to the ground immediately. 

A second later, we passed the other car (which didn't appear to be damaged) and then the headless body of the deer on our left and the head and neck of the deer on our right.

It was like something out of Game of Thrones -- like what the Mountain might do to a deer if he was in a bad mood.

I will be going to my second Muslim funeral this afternoon.

It is for a very nice woman, who was one of the first Muslims to come to Halifax, along with her husband, over 50 years ago.  Very nice family.

Her husband has not been well for some time ... he is 93 years old ... and she was his primary care person.  Apparently, she went out into their yard Friday afternoon sometime to get some air.  Seems like she fell ... heart attach, stoke ????? ... and lay there until she was found around 9:00 PM.  Rushed to the hospital and she was in a coma.  She died yesterday afternoon at 2:30 PM.

Here is the interesting (?) part and where I can impart some knowledge concerning Islam.

In Islam we do not embalm.  A dead person must be buried within 24 hours and usually they buried where ever they pass away.  For this reason, we always informed local Imams that we are Muslims when ever and where ever we travelled, just in case.

The funeral is very short ... about a 10 minute special Prayer ... and then the burial.  The Prayer is at 1:30 PM this afternoon and the burial is at 2:00 PM ... within the 24 hours.

All we do to prepare for burial is to wash the body ... it is a very special ceremonial washing ... wrap the body in a simple shroud and the body is placed in a simple crate for transport.  The body, just wrapped in the shroud, is buried in a standard depth and width grave, which is often unmarked.

I will be missing some of the football match, but many things are more important than football and this is one of them.

1 hour ago, N S said:

I will be going to my second Muslim funeral this afternoon.

It is for a very nice woman, who was one of the first Muslims to come to Halifax, along with her husband, over 50 years ago.  Very nice family.

Her husband has not been well for some time ... he is 93 years old ... and she was his primary care person.  Apparently, she went out into their yard Friday afternoon sometime to get some air.  Seems like she fell ... heart attach, stoke ????? ... and lay there until she was found around 9:00 PM.  Rushed to the hospital and she was in a coma.  She died yesterday afternoon at 2:30 PM.

Here is the interesting (?) part and where I can impart some knowledge concerning Islam.

In Islam we do not embalm.  A dead person must be buried within 24 hours and usually they buried where ever they pass away.  For this reason, we always informed local Imams that we are Muslims when ever and where ever we travelled, just in case.

The funeral is very short ... about a 10 minute special Prayer ... and then the burial.  The Prayer is at 1:30 PM this afternoon and the burial is at 2:00 PM ... within the 24 hours.

All we do to prepare for burial is to wash the body ... it is a very special ceremonial washing ... wrap the body in a simple shroud and the body is placed in a simple crate for transport.  The body, just wrapped in the shroud, is buried in a standard depth and width grave, which is often unmarked.

I will be missing some of the football match, but many things are more important than football and this is one of them.

Saddened to read that your community lost a founding member.