The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 8/1/2018 at 8:08 PM, Ogre said:

Not with the giant BJs jug. It’s set up with a spigot on the side. 

I have a couponing problem with that place. They do 25 cents off a gallon of gas with two required purchases. Usually paper towels and TP are on there and there’s always coupons for those. Filling up 30 gallons at $.25 savings adds up. My stores of paper towels and TP are robust which is also good.

I used to think my grandma was crazy when I looked in her closet, but there’s a calming assurance that all is well when you’re stocked with paper goods for a year.

A full year’s worth of TP and paper towels?

I try to keep 1-2 months’ supply on hand.  But you sir are a professional.  

I’m going to Sam’s Club tomorrow.  

If you are at all upset with the state of the planet then don't read the link below.

This is the sadest story ever.  I could not even read it.  My wife told me about it.  I have not read more than the headline and there are tears in my eyes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/killer-whale-dead-calf-1.4782542

A very wise man once said ... 'If there's a God in the sky looking down ... what can he think of what we've done ... to the world that He created'

One of 'our' baby Osrey just flegged from the nest.  I just happened to be checking the camera feed just at the right moment to see it happen.

The camera shock soon after, so it may have landed on the camera stand.  The other baby was eating a fish and it watched it's sibling and really tried, but it is not quite ready.

Up until the young can fly from the nest, even though they are as big as an adult (roughly) they are vulnerable to larger birds of prey ... owl, eagle ...

It is indeed a momentous occasion.

https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/ospreycam

Edited by N S
forgot the link ...

My continuing hate of people continues

Just this week, I was accused of being a racist, because I drove by McKinley high and a bunch of teenagers were being absolute douche bags, I was stopped with the top down, and they were acting like kids, but the kind that need some more parenting. Well I mentioned it and said man someone needs to keep those kids in check (clearly they were mostly African American) and that's all it took, I was read the riot act and etc etc. 

I let it go about 5 minutes and I calmly pulled out my pictures from Africa and as I went through each one, I could see that this individual could not backtrack quicker. 

I felt the need to vent here, the ignorance I deal with on a daily drives me to want to move to Africa. 

End rant 

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My continuing hate of people continues

Just this week, I was accused of being a racist, because I drove by McKinley high and a bunch of teenagers were being absolute douche bags, I was stopped with the top down, and they were acting like kids, but the kind that need some more parenting. Well I mentioned it and said man someone needs to keep those kids in check (clearly they were mostly African American) and that's all it took, I was read the riot act and etc etc. 

I let it go about 5 minutes and I calmly pulled out my pictures from Africa and as I went through each one, I could see that this individual could not backtrack quicker. 

I felt the need to vent here, the ignorance I deal with on a daily drives me to want to move to Africa. 

End rant 

I see how it is.  Instead of claiming that "I have black friends", you've now upped that to "I've helped provide care for underprivileged people in Africa".  I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it, Costanza.?

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, shrader said:

I see how it is.  Instead of claiming that "I have black friends", you've now upped that to "I've helped provide care for underprivileged people in Africa".  I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it, Costanza.?

Haha, I expected something like this, but not from you ? PA did you change names ???

In secret I'm super racist, I just fly 23 hours for photos to save face, duh ?

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Haha, I expected something like this, but not from you ? PA did you change names ???

In secret I'm super racist, I just fly 23 hours for photos to save face, duh ?

You want them to live longer so that you have more time to hate them.

• Haha (+1) 2

So, the golf course that I'm staying on is closed for renovations. I spoke with a couple of the greens keepers and the neighbors, not to mention having permission from the owner of the house if it was cool if I walk the dogs on the course. Everyone said of course it's fine, just pick up after them. Geese and ducks sh## all over the course anyway. 

Anyways! Been here since Saturday morning. Been walking the dogs on the course for a week straight. Waiving to neighbors, greens keepers, construction workers. No problems. Til today. Some octogenarian from Long Island starts ranting and raving at me in Long Islandese about "why do ya have ya Dawgs on the gowlf course?!!!?" "Ya can't do that we have a dawg paaaak!" "Get otta hea!" 

To which I said "ok" waived and kept walking.

I hate people who can't mind their own f-ing business.

And I've seen no less than 3 other people walking dogs on that ..... woman's precious golf course. But I'm sure they're fine and upstanding because they are also pushing their expiration date.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, josie said:

I did a bit more digging and here's a ten part series- I believe BBC did it? You can probably find a better version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzf9aHZmCAM

As for Carlin- my favorites of his are Wrath of the Khans (Genghis Khan), Punic Nightmares (Romans, Hannibal and the alps... good sh!t), and Ghosts of the Ostfront (world war two, specifically Stalingrad). I don't think any of those are up for free anymore but they're worth ~5 bucks or whatever for hours of pretty good research. He gets a little rambly here and there in theoretical comparisons but still good stuff.

Yes to Carlin, generally, and your recommendations, specifically.  I’d studies Rome, and still found Carlin magnificent.  The Khans, well, I had no idea.  Most interesting:  the view of West through the eyes of East.

12 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

How does one lie down between three golf carts? You would lie down among three golf carts, maybe. It's this butchering of the English language that makes me fear for our society.

All I can picture is a group of people using golf carts to circle the wagons and one person is on the ground in the middle.