The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

So I'm setting up a volunteer mission to Uganda at then end of July, there is a clinic there that no one has been to, no docs, and they have no meds or supplies....I'm going with a group of teachers and mission folk and I really want to spearhead this clinic.... This is rather new territory for me, I am looking for leads/info/donations/etc.... Anything that will help me get this thing off the ground. I know there aren't a ton of medical people here, but does anyone have any connections, ill need antibiotics, wound care supplies, ace wraps pain killers (otc) nothing controlled. Etc in as large supple as possible that we can carry. I was thinking of another go fund me like I did for Ecuador, but I am going to hold off on that for a bit.

Thanks in advance

So I'm setting up a volunteer mission to Uganda at then end of July, there is a clinic there that no one has been to, no docs, and they have no meds or supplies....I'm going with a group of teachers and mission folk and I really want to spearhead this clinic.... This is rather new territory for me, I am looking for leads/info/donations/etc.... Anything that will help me get this thing off the ground. I know there aren't a ton of medical people here, but does anyone have any connections, ill need antibiotics, wound care supplies, ace wraps pain killers (otc) nothing controlled. Etc in as large supple as possible that we can carry. I was thinking of another go fund me like I did for Ecuador, but I am going to hold off on that for a bit.

Thanks in advance

Ever think of Haiti? I have a group that goes every January.

The office loud talker is currently complaining to parking service here that someone left a tiny scratch on her car door in the parking garage.  "Every day I can't concentrate on my work because I'm worried that I'll find another mark!"  I'd love to know what she is expecting from them, her own special parking spot surrounded by a 3 foot buffer on each side maybe?

I wasn't sure if this one belonged here or in the complaint thread, but I'm at her too much, so it's better here.

The latest in the continuing saga of me attempting (and not always succeeding) to dress myself appropriately: Definitely figured out around 4pm that I’m wearing pants and a jacket from two different suits... classy.

My rule of thumb is this ... make sure that your fly is securely in the up tight position several times though the day and nothing else really matters.  You are very welcome.

So, I'm old and stuff happens.

I somehow (no idea how) bruised a rib(s).  Not going to our idiot doctor, but the Mayo Clinic tells me this.

Can't be comfortable in bed, so can't sleep.  Went to bed at midnight and woke up at 2:30 AM.  Managed to drift off and on until 4:00 AM.  Tossed and turned until 5:30 AM and here I am ... at my remote work station in our kitchen drinking strong Turkish coffee, which actually helps ease the pain, well it's not really painful, more annoyingly uncomfortable.

7:00 AM in Halifax and prayed Fajr (dawn prayers) on time and not having to go back to sleep after starting the daily fast.

Now what ... ?????