The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Got my flu shot this morning.  Holy crap it is kicking my ass.  Seriously sore arm and shoulder, headache, and body aches.  I've never had a flu vaccine hit me this hard.

I had mine on Wednesday and had a similar reaction. Fever/chills/fatigue that night and the next day it was a sore throat and I was in a complete fog. Somehow I dragged my ass through a 10 hour day.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Its Working GIF

I laughed so hard that a little of my tequila and water came out of my nose.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/30/2021 at 7:31 PM, Weave said:

Got my flu shot this morning.  Holy crap it is kicking my ass.  Seriously sore arm and shoulder, headache, and body aches.  I've never had a flu vaccine hit me this hard.

It's the 5G installing itself, you should get signal in a few hours and it'll settle out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a steal of a deal on tires on Walmart.com for my truck. 18” Goodyear Wrangler all terrain for $174/tire.

I was worried about the install but figured tires are easy right?

Close to an hour after they started I got a phone call from the auto department. “They got all your tires off but one. What do you want us to do?”

I was wandering around the store so I headed right back.

After a brief explanation that my glasses were Z87 they let me into the tire shop. 
The kid points to the one rear tire “See?”

I climb up onto the truck to fetch my 8 lbs beater, “You shouldn’t be climbing up there…”

I had the hammer and was down before he could finish. I ask “Mind if a take a few swings at it?”

”Go ahead” he says with confidence.

Boom! on top of the tire.

Boom! on side of the tire.

The Boom! on the bottom of the tire resulted in it falling right off.

He slouched into an emasculated pose. I felt badly for him. “Dude, I’ve been an Ironworker for the last 30 years. There’s no such thing as can’t.”

He was unresponsive so I left his shop and left him to his work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Surprising: Canada has a strategic reserve of maple syrup. The organization in control of it has been likened to OPEC. Also, a small amount at a time, tons of syrup worth millions of (loonies? timbits? beaver tails?) were recently siphoned from the reserves, presumably by a guy in a red flannel shirt with a hose. (Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.)

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/25/1059236116/canada-taps-into-strategic-reserves-to-deal-with-massive-shortage-of-maple-syrup

Not surprising: Cats are psychopaths.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/cat-psychopath-study-science-test-b1964701.html

• Like (+1) 1

@PASabreFan,

In Canada we love our Beavers sweet, so we need that reserve just in case.  

Most Canadian men and some women have a private stash / reserve in a well guarded part of the home.  I certainly do.  No, I'm not going to tell you.

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

@PASabreFan,

In Canada we love our Beavers sweet, so we need that reserve just in case.  

Most Canadian men and some women have a private stash / reserve in a well guarded part of the home.  I certainly do.  No, I'm not going to tell you.

My stash is down from gifting jars to friends and family.

I can replenish in 3-4 months when my maples start giving sap. Great time of year.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, French Collection said:

My stash is down from gifting jars to friends and family.

I can replenish in 3-4 months when my maples start giving sap. Great time of year.

And you call yourself Canadian?  Seems that you did not catch the way that I drifted atoll.

45 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I had no idea.

Haven't you people heard of Mrs. Butterworth?

I won't blame you for not catching the way I drifted.  We all know that the best Beavers are Canadian Beavers, eh.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

And you call yourself Canadian?  Seems that you did not catch the way that I drifted atoll.

I won't blame you for not catching the way I drifted.  We all know that the best Beavers are Canadian Beavers, eh.

You do have the best ballets.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, PASabreFan said:

Surprising: Canada has a strategic reserve of maple syrup. The organization in control of it has been likened to OPEC. Also, a small amount at a time, tons of syrup worth millions of (loonies? timbits? beaver tails?) were recently siphoned from the reserves, presumably by a guy in a red flannel shirt with a hose. (Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.)

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/25/1059236116/canada-taps-into-strategic-reserves-to-deal-with-massive-shortage-of-maple-syrup

Am I the only one who finds this to be the stuff of an SCTV skit?

• Haha (+1) 1

Shot in the dark… anybody got a recommendation for wireless earbuds?  

I’ve done the Bose sport models, and am currently resisting the urge to murder Dr. Dre and Tim Cook because of how hard the Beats Pro set I bought sucks.  Spoiler alert: chrome off a trailer hitch… 

please someone tell me there’s something out there that works…