The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

Shot in the dark… anybody got a recommendation for wireless earbuds?  

I’ve done the Bose sport models, and am currently resisting the urge to murder Dr. Dre and Tim Cook because of how hard the Beats Pro set I bought sucks.  Spoiler alert: chrome off a trailer hitch… 

please someone tell me there’s something out there that works… 

Raycon

They work, they're cheap, they're fairly loud and they have some bass. Very good for the price.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

I’ve done the Bose sport models, and am currently resisting the urge to murder Dr. Dre and Tim Cook because of how hard the Beats Pro set I bought sucks.  Spoiler alert: chrome off a trailer hitch… 

Although I am skeptical, I've heard good things about the Apple pro EarPods (or whatever they are called) by people I trust. I'm sure they are not cheap.

I'll have more tomorrow,as I'm kinda on the same quest.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Although I am skeptical, I've heard good things about the Apple pro EarPods (or whatever they are called) by people I trust. I'm sure they are not cheap.

I'll have more tomorrow,as I'm kinda on the same quest.

Yeah… the beats pro I’m currently cursing have the same processor… ugh.  

44 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I bought the anker wireless (liberty Air maybe) they've been great, they're only 99$, good sound and comfort, been using mine for 3 years now without issue 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/27/2021 at 12:28 PM, French Collection said:

my maples start giving sap.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?  "Man, that silver maple sure gives good sap!"  I can only assume this is the case since @The Ghost of Doohickie keeps talking about how Canadians like it sweet.

Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, Sabel79 said:

Jabra 75t work well enough for me, use them for work (although the mic isn't as good apparently as the built-in Macbook mic), and work well enough for doing yardwork and other stuff. I don't sit and just listen much, but no complaints there either. I have a decent pair of wired IEMs too, and I rarely use them since the Jabras work well enough.

I think my MIL is evolving into the worlds biggest PITA. 
We went to dinner with in-laws tonight and the first thing she says to me “Well that’s an interesting outfit.”

I’m wearing a pair of nice jeans, a button down shirt with a sweater and a pair of ombre casual shoes. Nothing ground shattering.

”You don’t see very many people dress like that. You could start a fashion trend with that.”

I want nothing more than to tell her to stfu but I obviously can’t do that. I also want to tell her to put the f’n bottle down because no one likes a drunk and I certainly can’t say that. 

Loud, intrusive in the conversation. I avoid gatherings I know she’ll be at. She even tried to argue with me over the pronunciation of my name. 
“It’s very difficult for everyone because it’s not pronounced like it’s spelled.” 

Like that’s never happened before in the history of mankind. Like her maiden polish name with fifteen consonants is easy to decipher. I got the impression that she felt I should change the way I say my name to suit her. 

I skipped Thanksgiving because of her and I may just skip Christmas too. I’ve seen enough drunken nonsense from her to last a lifetime.

50 minutes ago, Weave said:

The hell are ombre shoes?

The hell? You’re taking her side?

Ombre is a color change across the shoe. The pair in question are very similar to these.

Ever need someone to guzzle a bunch of liquor and act like a jackass and annoy everyone? I’ll get you her number. She’s very good at it.DE84203C-49F4-47CC-9884-4923E1004779.thumb.jpeg.2e8892f328ef17bcb7e76916dafce9e0.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Ombre is a color change across the shoe. The pair in question are very similar to these.

Ever need someone to guzzle a bunch of liquor and act like a jackass and annoy everyone? I’ll get you her number. She’s very good at it.DE84203C-49F4-47CC-9884-4923E1004779.thumb.jpeg.2e8892f328ef17bcb7e76916dafce9e0.jpeg

I have a pair of shoes I finish that way.  Never heard it called ombre.  I've heard it referred to as putting a patina and burnish on your shoes.

I need no assistance or company to guzzle booze and be annoying.

Edited by Weave

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Never heard it called ombre. 

That’s the phrase my shoe cobbler uses. He’s a second generation cobbler and I’m pretty sure there isn’t a shoe fact that he doesn’t know.

The best thing you could ever do for your feet is to buy good shoes and have a cobbler work on them.

I took a pair of Danner bull run work boots to him for restitching and had him swap the wedge sole for an aggressive hiking sole. Bad ass one of a kind boots. 
This guy is worth every penny.

• Like (+1) 1

Last year we lost our cat of 12 years. She is extraordinarily friendly, a mostly outdoor cat who had been known to wander from time to time over the years. But only for a day or two. We thought she must have died.

After 5 months, she surprisingly showed up at our doorstep, grossly overweight. Clearly she had been “adopted” by someone.

This week, she disappeared again.

We have been told she has been taken in by a neighbour - a crotchety senior who has apparently been telling people we are ***** owners who don’t take good care of her, so she needs to step in for our cat’s own good. There is enough circumstantial evidence that we believe this to be true.

I need to go knock on her door but am very concerned it will go sideways.

I am angry that she has taken our cat. I am angry that she probably created our unnecessary worry and grief last winter. I am angry that her “care” made our cat obese. I don’t want this to continue.

I also know the woman well enough to expect blame and dishonesty rather than shame and contrition. She has had an ongoing dispute with another neighbour that has involved police and bylaw enforcement calls. We have been neighbours for 20 years and have survived her through polite avoidance. I want that to continue.

I’m not sure the best way to handle this.

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Last year we lost our cat of 12 years. She is extraordinarily friendly, a mostly outdoor cat who had been known to wander from time to time over the years. But only for a day or two. We thought she must have died.

After 5 months, she surprisingly showed up at our doorstep, grossly overweight. Clearly she had been “adopted” by someone.

This week, she disappeared again.

We have been told she has been taken in by a neighbour - a crotchety senior who has apparently been telling people we are ***** owners who don’t take good care of her, so she needs to step in for our cat’s own good. There is enough circumstantial evidence that we believe this to be true.

I need to go knock on her door but am very concerned it will go sideways.

I am angry that she has stolen our cat. I am angry that she probably created our unnecessary worry and grief last winter. I am angry that her “care” made our cat obese. I don’t want this to continue.

I also know the woman well enough to expect blame and dishonesty rather than shame and contrition. She’s nasty. She has had an ongoing dispute with another neighbour that has involved police and bylaw enforcement calls. We have been neighbours for 20 years and have survived her through polite avoidance. I want that to continue.

I’m not sure the best way to handle this.

Shiv the mofo.

No, not really.  Sorry you've got to deal w/ a neighbor like that.  Not sure if it's feasible, but maybe if there is a neighbor she gets along with, you could ask that person to go w/ you to get the cat back.  If there's someone she gets along w/ it MIGHT lessen her defensiveness & lessen how much of a (choose whatever word appropriate here) she wants to be seen as in the encounter.

Good luck w/ it.

4 hours ago, Ogre said:

Ombre is french for shade. They look like a different shade of leather.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...