The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

She got loose again this evening.

Our rescue mutt snuck through a door while we had it open to step outside.  She bolted through and raced down the street.  I received the frantic call from my wife when I was about 1 mile from home, returning from the office.  She lost sight of the dog about 4 blocks from the house.  We spent an hour crisscrossing the neighborhood trying to find her.  About 7pm I found her in someone’s side yard 1 street over from where my wife lost sight of her.  She came when called, but immediately went into catch me if you can mode.  I knew not to chase her, and got her to follow me by simply walking away and giving her encouragement.  A neighbor stepped out to see what the excitement was about.  I asked him if he would open his backyard gate so I could lure her into his fenced yard.  He did, And I got her to follow me into the fenced yard.  Eureka!

She was a muddy mess and got one hell of a bath when we got home.  She’s snuggling with Mom now.

That one is an escape artist.  I need a cocktail.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Weave said:

She got loose again this evening.

Our rescue mutt snuck through a door while we had it open to step outside.  She bolted through and raced down the street.  I received the frantic call from my wife when I was about 1 mile from home, returning from the office.  She lost sight of the dog about 4 blocks from the house.  We spent an hour crisscrossing the neighborhood trying to find her.  About 7pm I found her in someone’s side yard 1 street over from where my wife lost sight of her.  She came when called, but immediately went into catch me if you can mode.  I knew not to chase her, and got her to follow me by simply walking away and giving her encouragement.  A neighbor stepped out to see what the excitement was about.  I asked him if he would open his backyard gate so I could lure her into his fenced yard.  He did, And I got her to follow me into the fenced yard.  Eureka!

She was a muddy mess and got one hell of a bath when we got home.  She’s snuggling with Mom now.

That one is an escape artist.  I need a cocktail.

Yep...

I have several "air locks" in my house to prevent my dogs from escaping. If I ever had company over, they'd think I was crazy. Good thing I don't ever have company over. 

Whenever we take the dogs to my parents house I'm on high alert. My father gives me *****in agita with his leaving the doors open every time he checks on the grill. The same guy who would yell at my brothers and I "you weren't raised in a barn!" Loves to leave doors open now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

European media report that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the house arrest of two senior Federal Security Service (FSB) officers. Colonel-General Sergei Beseda, Chief of the FSB’s “Fifth Service,” reportedly was detained along with his deputy, Anatoly Bolyuk, charged with providing flawed intelligence about Ukraine and their improper use of operational funds. Separately, Oleksiy Danilov, Ukraine’s national security council chief, claimed that several Russian generals have been fired. The implications portend more suffering yet to come, but likewise opportunities to increase pressure on the Russian leader from within.

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

How did it go? Sorry for the delayed reply...

Surgery went as planned. She has 5 titanium plates holding her fractures together. There was no bone left in the floor of the right eye socket so they implanted some mesh.

We have a titanium kinship now. Me in my spine and shoulders and her, the face.

Long slow road from here but fortunately it’s mostly downhill.

I had her sister here until midweek to help but now have the other sister here while I’m at work and she’s not as sharp as the other sister. The other sister actually stayed here and helped with the 3 hour meds over night but that’s all on me now. 

13 hour days at work and getting up every 3 hours is a drag. The sweet silence of death seems dreamy at times.

I try not to fret too much because I know my dose of silence will be here soon enough.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I also despise my MIL. She is a fat, lazy, selfish alcoholic who belittles her husband who just had a stroke for forgetting things. 

She feeds him butter and bacon and sausage. I personally think she’s trying to kill him.

She’s never been anyone or done anything but is critical of every move I make.

Shut the ***** up you incompetent alcoholic trash bag.

• Sad 2

Just now, inkman said:

Maybe. What’s Chris Rock’s angle?  Get much wanted attention I guess…

Two things would have happened of it were real. 

1: All of the security guards in Hollywood would have stepped in.

2. Chris Rock would have immediately made a joke about Jada banging other dudes tonight while Will watches.

Chris Rock screwing up his line after (saying they were there to present a documentary rather than Oscar) shows it was real. The only reason some think it was fake was because it was a slap rather than a punch, but that’s what Will Smith does. He also slapped a male reporter for kissing him on the cheek a few years back. 

Also, Will Smith initially laughed at the joke. If it was fake he would have pretended to be offended. His wife taking offense is what changed things.

Clearly (and brilliantly) staged. Chris might have a future as a WWF lackey. He can embellish a slap like a pro.

Smith's a good actor, but seriously, that line didn't sound rehearsed and wasn't delivered histrionically? Human beings don't sound like that when enraged.

Also, consider the camera placement and how seamlessly it was all produced.