The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

My wife was hit head on by a car running through the stop sign at an intersection this morning. 
This whole thing is God awful. I got to Strong shortly after they got her here. Her face was beyond swollen and she was vomiting so much blood. I thought I was going to lose her. She has multiple facial fractures, broken arm, broken vertebrae.

She is stable but the true extent of the damage is unknown. I’m a ***** mess but I’m not leaving here until they chase me out.

I want to strangle the mother ***** that ran the stop sign to death.

• Sad 4

21 minutes ago, Ogre said:

My wife was hit head on by a car running through the stop sign at an intersection this morning. 
This whole thing is God awful. I got to Strong shortly after they got her here. Her face was beyond swollen and she was vomiting so much blood. I thought I was going to lose her. She has multiple facial fractures, broken arm, broken vertebrae.

She is stable but the true extent of the damage is unknown. I’m a ***** mess but I’m not leaving here until they chase me out.

Good luck.  Fortunately, modern trauma treatment is amazing.

23 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Om\igosh.  I'm glad that she's ok; are YOU ok?  

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Om\igosh.  I'm glad that she's ok; are YOU ok?  

She is so busted up that it’s killing me. Her face was literally smashed in. 
I am a GD mess. I’m exhausted and haven’t eaten anything but a rice krispy treat from vending all day.

It’s been 22 hrs since the accident and she’s still in ER. Her spine looks ok but there is a ton of damage to her face. She’s going to need plates and screws to put it back together.

Her jaw is badly damaged so talking is difficult. All I can do is sit next to her bed and hold her hand. And cry.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

It’s been 22 hrs since the accident and she’s still in ER. Her spine looks ok but there is a ton of damage to her face. She’s going to need plates and screws to put it back together.

Her jaw is badly damaged so talking is difficult. All I can do is sit next to her bed and hold her hand. And cry.

Stay strong, thinking of your family.

Look after yourself, she will need you when the medical assistance slows down.

13 hours ago, Ogre said:

So sorry to hear this.

Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

6 hours ago, Ogre said:

Make sure you take care of yourself, too.  Otherwise you can't take care of her.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

Stay strong, thinking of your family.

Look after yourself, she will need you when the medical assistance slows down.

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Make sure you take care of yourself, too.  Otherwise you can't take care of her.

Thanks. I’m an Ironworker though so technically I can do anything.

She’s been moved to a room in the trauma center. A lot more comfortable and quite.

There isn’t any internal injuries or spinal damage, just the damage to the face. 

The swelling is improving and she’s taking some clear liquids. I brought some undies and pjs in hopes that she’d be able to wear them. They just took the catheter out so I gave her a sponge bath and got her in them. 

She’s resting a lot better and they’re kicking me out at 8 so I think that I will actually sleep tonight.

My lawyer is confident that he’ll mop the floor with the rat bastard that hit her.

Long ways to go yet but we’ve taken a step or two.

I truly appreciate everyone’s kind words and we’ll wishes.👍

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Thanks. I’m an Ironworker though so technically I can do anything.

She’s been moved to a room in the trauma center. A lot more comfortable and quite.

There isn’t any internal injuries or spinal damage, just the damage to the face. 

The swelling is improving and she’s taking some clear liquids. I brought some undies and pjs in hopes that she’d be able to wear them. They just took the catheter out so I gave her a sponge bath and got her in them. 

She’s resting a lot better and they’re kicking me out at 8 so I think that I will actually sleep tonight.

My lawyer is confident that he’ll mop the floor with the rat bastard that hit her.

Long ways to go yet but we’ve taken a step or two.

I truly appreciate everyone’s kind words and we’ll wishes.👍

My family and I are thinking of you both brother.  I'd say stay strong for her but  I know you will.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

So my Uncle and my Grampa both passed away today. I’ve never had so much pain. 

That is a tough day.  I'm very sorry to hear of it.  Hang in there as best you can.

Edited by Eleven

55 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’m very sorry. Why does life have to be so GD hard all of the time?

I’m on a max recovery day here. What normally takes an hour is taking all day. Resting, stacking wood, resting, stacking wood, resting, and more resting. Thinking about you a lot, though, and wishing you and your wife the best.

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’m on a max recovery day here. What normally takes an hour is taking all day. Resting, stacking wood, resting, stacking wood, resting, and more resting. Thinking about you a lot, though, and wishing you and your wife the best.

Thank you, man. She’s improved enough that she may come home tomorrow to wait for surgery. So many breaks in her face that her entire upper jaw was broken loose and shoved up into her nasal cavity. She’s a lot tougher than I ever expected. The worst part is I'm the one that’s supposed to be busted up. 

I have had you in my thoughts and prayers too. Scary *****. There’s no shame in resting, especially someone who has been through what you have. 

Let’s hope all of us SSers continue to improve and life gets a tad bit easier.

• Like (+1) 3

Every damn year at this time I demand Standard Time year-round!!

If it were not a vast wasteland (pretty much) I would move to Saskatchewan immediately.  It is far to far from my beloved ocean and Europe and the mountains of the BC interior and parts of Alberta.

/rant (until November)

• Like (+1) 1