The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, MattPie said:

Earlier this year, I picked up a battery-powered lawn mower, trimmer, snow blower, and leaf blower[0]. Since then, I can't fathom why "Leaf Blower" isn't a slang term for the "National" Canadian hockey media.

[0] They're awesome, BTW. Maybe if I need a riding mower I'll go gas, but never for anything smaller than that.

I got a 16" electric chainsaw. I agree, unless I'm deep in the woods, i'll never use a gas one again. 

47 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I got a 16" electric chainsaw. I agree, unless I'm deep in the woods, i'll never use a gas one again. 

I'm a little wary of the snowblower; I'm sure it'll be powerful enough to move the snow, but if I end up with a longer driveway I'd be worried about running out of electrons. Takes two batteries, so I can't have a spare like the push mower (I have three of the big batteries right now)

21 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I'm a little wary of the snowblower; I'm sure it'll be powerful enough to move the snow, but if I end up with a longer driveway I'd be worried about running out of electrons. Takes two batteries, so I can't have a spare like the push mower (I have three of the big batteries right now)

Ah. Mine is corded, so I'll never run out.

Unless I cut it.

3 hours ago, MattPie said:

Earlier this year, I picked up a battery-powered lawn mower, trimmer, snow blower, and leaf blower[0]. Since then, I can't fathom why "Leaf Blower" isn't a slang term for the "National" Canadian hockey media.

[0] They're awesome, BTW. Maybe if I need a riding mower I'll go gas, but never for anything smaller than that.

Batry (that is the most goodly spelling and enunciation) ... 40 (as in not 18; not even 20) is awesome.  Will cut down weeds the size of small trees.

What happened to Doohickie?

He's just vanished.  I really liked his contribution to this message board, even if I hated to agree with him.

In his honour I have changed my user name for a while.

It's kind of cool thing to honour a past poster that we liked and who has gone by the wayside.  Who knows, maybe one day there will be a 'Ghost of NS'.  I suppose only if any of you liked anything that I have said ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Are you guys for real?

Really?

Look closely at our newest member ... The Ghost of Yuri

You have to be kidding me, eh?

I think everyone should change their user name to the 'Ghost of ____________ '

So, @PASabreFan you could be the 'Ghost of NS'.  @MattPie could become the 'Ghost of PA' and so on.  Soon enough we will all be ghosts.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, MattPie said:

I had a gas snowblower, then went to electric, then just decided to go manual and do it myself. I just go over the drive way over and over again before the snow piles up and take care of it in stages. Love being outside so its fun. 

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I had a gas snowblower, then went to electric, then just decided to go manual and do it myself. I just go over the drive way over and over again before the snow piles up and take care of it in stages. Love being outside so its fun. 

That's what I did in the Philly area, because it was only a few times a year and when it snowed everything shut down so there wasn't a rush to go anywhere. Now that I'm in CNY and RosePie needs to get to school (via car) every day I don't think I have the luxury to shovel a foot+ of snow before 8AM on a regular basis. I really did enjoy spending several hours digging out though in PA; have a cold beer or two, talk to the neighbors, etc.

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

That's what I did in the Philly area, because it was only a few times a year and when it snowed everything shut down so there wasn't a rush to go anywhere. Now that I'm in CNY and RosePie needs to get to school (via car) every day I don't think I have the luxury to shovel a foot+ of snow before 8AM on a regular basis. I really did enjoy spending several hours digging out though in PA; have a cold beer or two, talk to the neighbors, etc.

CNY requires a steady supply of child labor, or a snowblower. Pennsylvania requires 1 shovel. That shovel should probably last 2 lifetimes.

45 minutes ago, ubkev said:

CNY requires a steady supply of child labor, or a snowblower. Pennsylvania requires 1 shovel. That shovel should probably last 2 lifetimes.

For my sample set of one, a decent traditional aluminum-blade shovel lasts 15 winters. It was pretty shot and I tossed it before I moved; the top handle had cracked and was taped, the bottom edge of the blade had worn off the riviets a fair bit and was uneven. Still would have worked, but not on a semi-daily basis here.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Wish this was Complaint Day. Got a day off after nine days in a row at work and it's raining and cold and I've been sitting here for four hours watching the plumber go in and out to his truck and back and forth to the hardware store.

Is this a euphemism for something else?

Nevermind. I don’t want to know.