The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I almost died in Montenegro in January, my car they said was a 4wd was not and I got caught in a blizzard on this tiny mountain road with no protection and a very very far fall on one side; in the black mountains. Still an epic adventure. 

We have found ourselves in so many ‘situations’ I have lost track. None of them have killed us, so it’s all good.

You only live once. If you do it right, once is enough.

In case you did not know Montenegro translates to Black Mountains. Pretty basic Serbian there.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

I hiked the Niagara gorge today with some friends, then we Rollerbladed/cycled around the falls area....it was a nice day out, away from technology.... But holy crap was it HOTTTT💥💥 it was like 94 in the gorge and that typical breeze ya get from being near water, was nonexistent today. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I hiked the Niagara gorge today with some friends, then we Rollerbladed/cycled around the falls area....it was a nice day out, away from technology.... But holy crap was it HOTTTT💥💥 it was like 94 in the gorge and that typical breeze ya get from being near water, was nonexistent today. 

I think we finally broke the earth.

The mushrooms In my back yard are growing mushrooms.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think it was many pages back that someone brought up something about Miami and this thread...

I think Miami has to be the most overrated city around. Things are kind of touching go with covid but we were there again for 2 days this summer, and having visited the city probably six or seven times in the past decade, I really don't get the appeal of it.

Even if you're into the nightlife, which I admittedly am not anymore, I think Las Vegas, parts of California, and even New Orleans give you most of what Miami gives you if not more. Honestly you don't have the Latin music scene in Boston, but summertime in Boston has tons of great rooftop bars and other venues that individually are just as fun.

Plus the city tends to smell really bad more than most cities, the weather can be unbearable, there's no public transportation to get around, I just don't get it.

What am I missing?

47 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I think it was many pages back that someone brought up something about Miami and this thread...

I think Miami has to be the most overrated city around. Things are kind of touching go with covid but we were there again for 2 days this summer, and having visited the city probably six or seven times in the past decade, I really don't get the appeal of it.

Even if you're into the nightlife, which I admittedly am not anymore, I think Las Vegas, parts of California, and even New Orleans give you most of what Miami gives you if not more. Honestly you don't have the Latin music scene in Boston, but summertime in Boston has tons of great rooftop bars and other venues that individually are just as fun.

Plus the city tends to smell really bad more than most cities, the weather can be unbearable, there's no public transportation to get around, I just don't get it.

What am I missing?

You should write for the Miami chamber of commerce.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

What am I missing?

So, it begs the question ... if you hate it so much, why do you go so often?

Not sure where the Natural Disaster thread went, but I just want to say that, Ida’s a beotch.

Not sure if I’ve ever seen it rain harder here. And I’ve stepped off of my porch on to a rescue boat. That’s sayin somethin.

No power for a while now. Just glad the work phone has unlimited data.

• Like (+1) 1

They are filming 1883, a prequel to the Paramount series Yellowstone, here in Fort Worth. Naturally they're using buildings up in the Stockyards district as the backdrop.  The cast includes Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Sam Elliott. Here's a link to a Facebook post showing a bunch of pictures from the filming. It's been nearly 100 degrees here this week; it's gotta be hot in those costumes.

https://www.facebook.com/treys.chow.down/posts/1789932094524114

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Life hack: clean your gutters while it's raining. Clear the blockage and then all the remaining debris will flow directly to you!

...but you will get quite wet.

Yeah, that's generally what I did at the old house.  The one one has gutter guards.  ❤️

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

3 years in the house so far, it's all been good.

Do you spray off your guards each fall?  Just with a garden hose is good.

Now, if you don't have a lot of trees near the house then you may be alright.  We has lots of trees near that seeded and lost small needles at the old house, so I had t odo it each fall, or else.  It was not a big job just to be sure they were clear.

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Do you spray off your guards each fall?  Just with a garden hose is good.

Now, if you don't have a lot of trees near the house then you may be alright.  We has lots of trees near that seeded and lost small needles at the old house, so I had t odo it each fall, or else.  It was not a big job just to be sure they were clear.

I have a live oak over the house.  It doesn't drop anything that gets caught in the guards.

• Like (+1) 1

We had a picnic last weekend to celebrate our graduating apprentices. It drew a big crowd with many retirees.

Caveman is my age and on disability retirement. His back and neck are shot. He was recklessly prescribed opioids as treatment over the years and is ridiculously dependent and always was a heavy drinker.

As expected Caveman was F’d up. For a minute I thought he was trying to dance with me. From a distance he must have appeared to be scaring off a bear but when you noticed his feet, well they were make far too elaborate moves to be bear scaring. 

I paint this scene with a stroke of humor but it is a sad tale. Don’t get me  wrong. Getting all F’d up with your bros, friends, family, anybody is a great time! But to be that screwed all by yourself at 5pm is wacky and very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...