2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

I too like Carrier, but am I off-base for finding it a bit weird that the team Tweeted the news? 

Like - what if the guy bombs in his first four shifts and is immediately moved off that line? Just -- seems odd.

User Actions

Follow

7x0FMbmZ_bigger.jpgBuffalo SabresVerified account[/size]@BuffaloSabres

Promoted: William Carrier's impressive play has earned him a promotion to our top line - http://bufsabres.co/u7e9MJ 

3:31 PM - 14 Nov 2016[/size]

Especially cause, well, I like the guy and how he's played, but what has he done to truly earn top line NHL minutes? Play hard? We are talking National Hockey League top line duties, here. Him moving to top line is more an indicator of the lack of production we've been getting on our top line from others, and he's the next in line for a shot. It's a weird tweet. It makes it seem like he's beating out other viable options.

Especially cause, well, I like the guy and how he's played, but what has he done to truly earn top line NHL minutes? Play hard? We are talking National Hockey League top line duties, here. Him moving to top line is more an indicator of the lack of production we've been getting on our top line from others, and he's the next in line for a shot. It's a weird tweet. It makes it seem like he's beating out other viable options.

I'm sure this is 1000% more thought into the move than whoever runs that Twitter account offered up

I think Baptiste or Carrier should get to play with Larsson over Rodrigues.

And Dan is so close to putting Kane with Larsson. Only 2 more months before he exhausts every other possible combination of players and tries it for 2 games.

I agree about Baptiste and Carrier. I'm worried Kane is too dumb to play with Larsson though. He's just dumb enough to play with Girgs IMO

Sabres' new lines:

Gionta-Reinhart-Okposo

Kane-Girgensons-Moulson

Foligno-Larsson-Rodrigues

Carrier-Grant-Baptiste

No Ryan O'Reilly

Well f### me with a rusty spoon.

Gionta on the first line? Rodrigues on the third instead of Carrier/Bailey? I know we have been complaining about goal scoring, but looking at that lineup I don't see where we are even going to have sustained zone time, let alone a goal.

Woof.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.