2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

I agree about Baptiste and Carrier. I'm worried Kane is too dumb to play with Larsson though. He's just dumb enough to play with Girgs IMO

I don't think Kane is "too dumb." I think he lacks the vision/skill to play with very skilled players like Samson. But he fits with Larsson's style perfectly. Larsson is a possession driving bull with decent/pretty good passing skills. Kane would be playing Foligno's role (only much better, because he's faster and more skilled in every way).

Switch Grant and Reinhart and I'd be good.

I don't think Reinhart is ready to be the driving force on a line yet. I think his best spot is riding shotgun to Okposo right now.

I think Baptiste or Carrier should get to play with Larsson over Rodrigues.

And Dan is so close to putting Kane with Larsson. Only 2 more months before he exhausts every other possible combination of players and tries it for 2 games.

Were there not Amerks to run through the combinations, you'd probably be right on the timeline. As it is, he MIGHT get there by mid-March. :angry:

Eichel practiced with the team yesterday according to a report on CBS. Reinhart has looked much better at center of late. I love Larsson as the 3rd center and think the team is better with COR anchoring the 4th line then Grant.

Assuming Jack is back relatively soon, what happens then? The obvious thing is to move Sam back to his wing and that is probably what will happen. Are there other options?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Eichel practiced with the team yesterday according to a report on CBS. Reinhart has looked much better at center of late. I love Larsson as the 3rd center and think the team is better with COR anchoring the 4th line then Grant.

Assuming Jack is back relatively soon, what happens then? The obvious thing is to move Sam back to his wing and that is probably what will happen. Are there other options?

Depends on how O'Reilly is feeling , but I'd stick with Samson as center and get some O'Reilly some time off from center duty and taking draws.

New lines from practice today

Sabres' new lines:

Foligno-R. O'Reilly-Okposo

Kane-Larsson-Gionta

Carrier-Reinhart-Moulson

Grant-C. O'Reilly-Girgensons

Schneider, Eichel

Pretty much the combos he used in the 3rd yesterday which people hated.

Glad to see Carrier moved off the 4th line.

New lines from practice today

Sabres' new lines:

Foligno-R. O'Reilly-Okposo

Kane-Larsson-Gionta

Carrier-Reinhart-Moulson

Grant-C. O'Reilly-Girgensons

Schneider, Eichel

Are these in numerical order?

Why is Foligno on the first line and why is the second line not the third line and the third line not the second line?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.