2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

Are these in numerical order?

Why is Foligno on the first line and why is the second line not the third line and the third line not the second line?

Because that's what they were running in the 3rd yesterday that seemed to work.

I get not liking Foligno on the top line, but especially until O'Reilly can skate w/ his normal ease/intensity, there is something to be said for giving the guy that many here consider one of the hardest workers on that line rather than Moulson.

But, if keeping Reinhart at C until Eichel comes back is a priority, there aren't a lot of other options: Kane (which everyone here hates on the 1st line), a rookie (Carrier), or an underwhelming Gergensons.

Moulson flat out doesn't belong on a top 3 line unless there is a mismatch & even then, it's not a great choice.

And they're going to try to keep either O'Reilly or Larsson out against Ovechkin. That makes Reinhart's line #3.

Foligno on the first line is a ###### disgrace

Who the #### else is there left to try except Carrier? And what message does that send to Foligno if the rookie gets his shot there before Foligno gets his w/ the effort Foligno's been putting in?

Because that's what they were running in the 3rd yesterday that seemed to work.

I get not liking Foligno on the top line, but especially until O'Reilly can skate w/ his normal ease/intensity, there is something to be said for giving the guy that many here consider one of the hardest workers on that line rather than Moulson.

But, if keeping Reinhart at C until Eichel comes back is a priority, there aren't a lot of other options: Kane (which everyone here hates on the 1st line), a rookie (Carrier), or an underwhelming Gergensons.

Moulson flat out doesn't belong on a top 3 line unless there is a mismatch & even then, it's not a great choice.

And they're going to try to keep either O'Reilly or Larsson out against Ovechkin. That makes Reinhart's line #3.

Who the #### else is there left to try except Carrier? And what message does that send to Foligno if the rookie gets his shot there before Foligno gets his w/ the effort Foligno's been putting in?

You covered every option, but I would go with Reinhart up there, to be honest. He won't be at centre, but I don't think that's a priority in DDB's eyes. 

We don't have any lines that are scoring, might as well load up with our most talented players on one line to see if we can generate something. O'Reilly, Reinhart and Okposo were together for a smidge earlier this season and looked pretty good to my mind. 

You covered every option, but I would go with Reinhart up there, to be honest. He won't be at centre, but I don't think that's a priority in DDB's eyes.

We don't have any lines that are scoring, might as well load up with our most talented players on one line to see if we can generate something. O'Reilly, Reinhart and Okposo were together for a smidge earlier this season and looked pretty good to my mind.

Not that I claim to have a photographic memory of those couple of games, but I thought Reinhart looked pretty out of sorts playing LW.

I've thought Reinhart had been pretty good the past three or four games in the middle. He adjusts.

I find myself wondering what he would do if the coach told him to spend the next month doing whatever he feels like while attacking, especially with Okposo on his flank.

I've never thought Bylsma believed in him as an offensive catalyst.

In Bylsma's world that is reserved only for the Malkins, Crosbys and Eichels.

The rest are are all slaves to the system.

I've thought Reinhart had been pretty good the past three or four games in the middle. He adjusts.

I find myself wondering what he would do if the coach told him to spend the next month doing whatever he feels like while attacking, especially with Okposo on his flank.

Bylsma is a slave to the lack of secondary scoring on this team.

To a point you made a bit ago: it is when Reinhart is doing what he did best in Junior that he's looking his most affective. He was a top notch distributing centre in junior and when he's put in a position where he's allowed to use his playmaking skills, his best attributes show. He's still young and adjusting, so he may need help generating at this point, but he's going to return the favour and create chances for guys like Okposo as well, even while they are opening up space for him, too.

Bylsma is utilizing him in a net front role a lot, and it's admirable that's he's been able to do well there, do to his ability to adjust, like you said. But I don't think think many of us saw him as that stand in front and create screens guy when we first got him up here, and he might be better utilized in open space. If this can even be managed in Dan's system.

Reinhart seems significantly (IMHO) at his least effective on LW. It also seemed that when he was w/ Okposo & O'Reilly against the Caps he was at RW & Okposo was swapped to his off wing. Until Eichel is back, that is their best bet to have at least 1 line that can generate consistent chances at even strength. Never expected to see DB be willing to move the vet to his off wing. Good for him for trying it. Bad for us that it took until the 3rd period of the 21st game to try it.

#Sabres working on power play.

1st unit: 15-23-21-90-55

2nd unit: 9-12-26-38-6

That first unit tho.....

He's on the off wing as well

He's playing tomorrow folks

Hope everyone enjoyed seeing Moulson score PP goals to befuddle people into thinking he's useful, cuz that's coming to a crashing halt.

JAAAAAAAAAACCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.