2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

True, and I get that. But that still doesn't address who gets screwed the most. I believe it's that team that has to lose a good player, despite the fact that they can afford to

This is what I'm looking for. That tidbit about Fleury is very interesting for me. Good post

So, who wants Fleury?

*ducks*

Well, ya, the best teams are most likely to be the most affected. It's like how people with higher income are generally taxed more. One could argue these teams are getting "screwed over", but that is probably just the expansion system working as intended. 

But yup, the Fleury situation jumps out most it seems. 

Edited by Thorny

It's time to get some energy in the room. Bring back Baptiste. Give Nylander a couple of games. Bench anyone not giving 100%. After that lackluster performance (our 2nd terrible performance in 2 home games) It's time to try anything. Need to add speed and skill.

So ......

Nylander ROR Reinhart

Moulson Larsson Okposo

Ennis Girgensons Baptiste

Foligno Schneider Gionta

Kulikov Risto

McCabe Bogo

Gorges Nelson (10 minutes only)

Ullmark

Lehner

Demoted Fasching and Grant. Waive Nilsson. Put Deslauriers on the bench permenantly.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

It's time to get some energy in the room. Bring back Baptiste. Give Nylander a couple of games. Bench anyone not giving 100%. After that lackluster performance (our 2nd terrible performance in 2 home games) It's time to try anything. Need to add speed and skill.

So ......

Nylander ROR Reinhart

Moulson Larsson Okposo

Ennis Girgensons Baptiste

Foligno Schneider Gionta

Kulikov Risto

McCabe Bogo

Gorges Nelson (10 minutes only)

Ullmark

Lehner

Demoted Fasching and Grant. Waive Nilsson. Put Deslauriers on the bench permenantly.

Don't want Nylander anywhere near this sorry bunch. Let him develop in Roch properly. I'd give Baptiste another look tho, and Bailey. Sit Grant down, hell, sit Reinhart I think it would be good for him. Launch Nilsson bring another vet goalie. Double shift Moulson.

So is Baptiste better than Bailey?

Coming into the season I thought Bailey was on the fast track to the NHL as he out performed Baptiste by a wide margin in their rookie AHL seasons. For whatever reason, possibly handling getting sent down, has favored Baptiste considerably this year.

So is Baptiste better than Bailey?

.iv seen them both play numerous times since being drafted. I think they are both high End prospects who will have long NHL careers, thoughI've always thought Baptiste was a bit more polished and much more of a 2 way player. Can't wait till both are full time players as Sabres could really use their speed.

.iv seen them both play numerous times since being drafted. I think they are both high End prospects who will have long NHL careers, thoughI've always thought Baptiste was a bit more polished and much more of a 2 way player. Can't wait till both are full time players as Sabres could really use their speed.

Baptiste has better hands and is a bit more creative. Bailey is a physical specimen who may have dominated lesser competition with size and speed. I don't see the hands in his game and he thinks the game instead of reacting. More time in the AHL can cure both ills.

Right now, Ristolainen and Gorges have a CF% of 39.4 when together. When split apart, Gorges is a 19.0%, and Risto is a 51.6%. 

The sample size is small still, but this is something that was predicted before the season, based on last year.

I do think the pairs are maximized right now, because I think a pairing of Gorges - Franson hurts us a lot, but GMTM still needs to focus on finding Risto a partner that can handle the minutes Dan gives him, even though (I think) the defense as a unit has been playing well.

Baptiste has better hands and is a bit more creative. Bailey is a physical specimen who may have dominated lesser competition with size and speed. I don't see the hands in his game and he thinks the game instead of reacting. More time in the AHL can cure both ills.

Why someone doesn't get called up is always a bit of a mystery. The example I always come back to is Pominville. Vanek and Roy make the team and Pommers is waived and no one takes him. Then he finally get a chance and now all these years later, he may the best of that great rookie crop. (Fyi; Pommers is the 3rd leading pts scorer of the 2001 draft class.)

Bailey will get his shot. With Nick out amd Fasching, maybe they'll finally another shot.

Right now, Ristolainen and Gorges have a CF% of 39.4 when together. When split apart, Gorges is a 19.0%, and Risto is a 51.6%. 

The sample size is small still, but this is something that was predicted before the season, based on last year.

I do think the pairs are maximized right now, because I think a pairing of Gorges - Franson hurts us a lot, but GMTM still needs to focus on finding Risto a partner that can handle the minutes Dan gives him, even though (I think) the defense as a unit has been playing well.

As long as Gorges and Franson remain Sabres we will continue to have a hole in the D group. The sad part is there isn't anyone in the organization ready to replace them now or maybe even in the next year or two. Obviously, Nelson's play in his only game didn't inspire any confidence and with the team with 2 straight wins, i doubt you'll see a change in the D.

Theoretically if you can protect 6F and 4D from each team than Las Vegas is filling their roster from the bottom 6 forwards and the last pairing from each team. That assembled team would be a lock for last place. 7F/3D or 8 skaters at least gives Las Vegas a chance at someone that may be worth rostering. 

I've done the 8 skaters thing and there really isn't an issue with us going with 4 D.

Forwards you protect are RoR, Okposo, Larsson, Kane.

I'm not sure Gorges-Franson would really hurt that much given limited minutes. I remember early last year that Weber-Franson was passable despite the glaring foot speed concerns. Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'm not sure Gorges-Franson would really hurt that much given limited minutes. I remember early last year that Weber-Franson was passable despite the glaring foot speed concerns.

I wish they would put Kulikov with Ristolainen on the top pair and put Gorges with Bogosian on pair 2 with McCabe and Franson taking the 3rd pair until we upgrade from Franson and eventually Gorges.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.