Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

But also he's played for Minnesota, Chicago, the Rangers, Sabres, Sharks and now the Coyotes.  They all know he's not a dick and they'll vote for him.  (Well, maybe not the Sharks fans.)

True, he'll probably get votes from there, but I think he'll get votes from everywhere because it's funny. Leopold played for us, so did Pommers, but I'm not about to go vote for them because of Leopold's daughter's letter and Pommers being a good guy. 

I don't even think that it's "funny".  I'd say it's more "fitting."  *Because* every city he's played for knows he's not a dick, but he is a great team player, he's worthy of all-star consideration.  It's more than just #fancystats, it's character.  He has character and he is a character.  I think unsung heroes deserve to be all stars too.

The fan voting system is flawed. Apparently Zemgus has requested his fans back home don't vote him in this year because its something he feels you have to earn. I agree with him.

OOps sorry. Never realized a thread covering this had started. :blush:

Can't vote out of NA any more, so zemgus doesn't need to be affraid of that.

“I don’t want to have my name in the headlines for this reason,” Scott said. “Like, it’s a fun little thing and hopefully it’ll die down over time. It’s not something — I definitely don’t want to be voted into the All-Star Game. It would be cool, but I definitely don’t deserve it to this point. You never know. There’s still some time left. I could turn it on.”

That is why people love him, he knows he sucks but can laugh about it.

Can't vote out of NA any more, so zemgus doesn't need to be affraid of that.

"The Zemgus rule"?  Funny how the Legend of Zemgus caused the NHL to change the rules.  Apparently they don't care about their international fan base anymore?

I don't even think that it's "funny".  I'd say it's more "fitting."  *Because* every city he's played for knows he's not a dick, but he is a great team player, he's worthy of all-star consideration.  It's more than just #fancystats, it's character.  He has character and he is a character.  I think unsung heroes deserve to be all stars too.

There are plenty of character guys in the NHL that don't get into the ASG. If that's what that game was for, McCormick would have been voted in by now. John Scott is not worthy of the ASG

There are plenty of character guys in the NHL that don't get into the ASG. If that's what that game was for, McCormick would have been voted in by now. John Scott is not worthy of the ASG

Right, but sending a guy once in a while to represent the pluggers isn't, in my mind, necessary a bad idea or against the concept of the all star game.

Maybe they should add fighting to the skills competition.  :ph34r:

"The Zemgus rule"?  Funny how the Legend of Zemgus caused the NHL to change the rules.  Apparently they don't care about their international fan base anymore?

What's worse is they just came off an amazing run at the Olympics with a NA head coach and where all into NA hockey. So for the sake of a few , they alienate an entire country/region from getting into NA hockey. 

Is this just another example of NHL exec's lack of the big picture. 

The flip side is the NFL. The worst game to have to sit through on the planet, yet they are spending millions to crack the European market by playing games in London. They'd all thought they died and gone to heaven if they had the Zemgus all star vote controversy.

What's worse is they just came off an amazing run at the Olympics with a NA head coach and where all into NA hockey. So for the sake of a few , they alienate an entire country/region from getting into NA hockey. 

The flip side is the NFL. The worst game to have to sit through on the planet, yet they are spending millions to crack the European market by playing games in London. They'd all thought they died and gone to heaven if they had the Zemgus all star vote controversy.

Isn't it, though?

Isn't it, though?

Baseball called, it wants its reputation back.

I don't just like basketball, I love basketball. If Buffalo had a pro team I might be a bigger NBA fan than NHL fan. 

*dives into bunker*

I would've boo'd this VOCIFEROUSLY this time last year, but the geniuses of Stef Curry and the GSW have single-handedly brought me back to NBA hoops. Casually. But, man, is that fun.

Completely ignoring that this Around the NHL: I agree on Steph Curry. Once you thought every permutation of an NBA player had been seen before along comes Steph Curry. He's easily the greatest shooter of all time and might be the best player with the ball in his hands in NBA history. He can create space if he wants to, can hit it right in your face if he wants to or he can make a ridiculous pass. His shooting form never suffers regardless of whether he's set or running off a screen or falling back... It's unbelievable.

Completely ignoring that this Around the NHL: I agree on Steph Curry. Once you thought every permutation of an NBA player had been seen before along comes Steph Curry. He's easily the greatest shooter of all time and might be the best player with the ball in his hands in NBA history. He can create space if he wants to, can hit it right in your face if he wants to or he can make a ridiculous pass. His shooting form never suffers regardless of whether he's set or running off a screen or falling back... It's unbelievable.

Bill Simmons used this quote about someone once -- not sure who -- but it was attributed to Scorcesi [sp?], I believe, in talking about a young Leonardo DiCaprio. Something like: "Please don't let anything happen to him."