Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

The Brandon Prust vs. Brad Marchand feud is going well.  This has Marchand's follow up but I was laughing pretty hard when I read Prust said his $5k fine for spearing Marchand was money well spent.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14313369/brad-marchand-boston-bruins-responds-comments-brandon-prust-vancouver-canucks-spearing-fine

The Brandon Prust vs. Brad Marchand feud is going well.  This has Marchand's follow up but I was laughing pretty hard when I read Prust said his $5k fine for spearing Marchand was money well spent.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14313369/brad-marchand-boston-bruins-responds-comments-brandon-prust-vancouver-canucks-spearing-fine

Marchand: "...but I've done it before and lots of guys do that all the time. It's part of the game."

Even when it goes against him, he still believes this is part of the game.  Dirtbag.

I can't think of single time that I've seen Marchand play or heard him talk after a game, where I didn't think I would love him on the Sabres.

He scores, he agitates, he gets guys off their game, he gives it, and gets what he gives with out a whimper or a whine.  I'm not saying I have total respect for the guy, but if Pat Kaleta was all that, we'd love him and he wouldn't be in Rochester. 

He scores, he agitates, he gets guys off their game, he gives it, and gets what he gives with out a whimper or a whine. I'm not saying I have total respect for the guy, but if Pat Kaleta was all that, we'd love him and he wouldn't be in Rochester.

My problem is he rarely gets what he gives and hides behind bigger teammates consistently.

Roman Josi had his first NHL fight tonight courtesy of the usual douchebaggery of Marchand. The problem for the Bruins is Marchand leads them in goals. So, they probably don't want him in the box for 5 minutes.

(3-2 win for the Preds w/ 2 goals by Josi)

Josi blew me away when I watched him against us, how close do you think he is to Shea Weber's level?

Josi blew me away when I watched him against us, how close do you think he is to Shea Weber's level?

He is better than Shea and was better last year.  The rest of the league is just now realizing how good he is.  Shea has the great shot and the physical presence, but not the all-around game of Josi.

He is better than Shea and was better last year. The rest of the league is just now realizing how good he is. Shea has the great shot and the physical presence, but not the all-around game of Josi.

I'm surprised, I thought it was just this year. Any other thoughts on him?

Nashville's defense is so damn talented.

Josi - Weber

Jackman - Jones

Ekholm - Ellis

Ekholm likely plays the third pairing so they can run six deep. Jackman is no slouch at his old age, though.

I still think a Jones for Johansen deal makes a ton of sense. Or maybe Ekholm and a prospect for Duchene.

I don't think they'd struggle much if you took one of those guys out of the group. Ellis slides up for Jones or they pull somebody up for Ekholm. Add a legitimate top center for a team that struggles to score at times. Rinne is good enough to make up for any struggles a new guy brings.

I'm surprised, I thought it was just this year. Any other thoughts on him?

I think if he played in New York, Toronto, Montreal, Chicago or LA he'd be a huge name.  But, in the small market he doesn't get the notoriety that he should as an elite two-way defensman.