Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Well here we go with the first year AT.  Will Jack be a Sabre in October?  Who does Toronto draft?  What happens with the Chicago cap situation?  All this and more coming up in around the NHL 2015-2016

Edited by LGR4GM

Well here we go with the first year AT.  Will Jack be a Sabre in October?  Who does Toronto draft?  What happens with the Chicago cap situation?  All this and more coming up in around the NHL 2015-2016

Thanks LGR4GM. Can we get a brother a pin?  

2015-16 will be fun! 

One word. GROWTH. Thats what this season is all about for me. Watching the kids gel and grow into a tight relentless machine. It'll take some time and a little patience as the pieces are added but man its going to be a fun ride . Its the journey AND the destination as we witness this all unfold and its going to be exhilarating. During the process we as Sabres fans will once again be able to hold our fandom out for all to see and proudly proclaim our allegiance to the Buffalo Sabres. Lets get this party started !  

Lol love the tank-busting gifs (even if they're taxing my crappy iPad and home internet service). Bring on the new era of Sabres hockey!!

All part of my evil plan!  

So excited for this season and the draft and finally seeing the East rise up against the west.  Tampa Bay has every single player with 1 exception returning this season. They are going to just get better.  

That is very considerate of you. If you please: It's Smell.

Duly noted.  Aud seemed the kinder abbreviation, but I did vaguely recall this came up once before and you preferred Smell.

Really looking forward to the draft next Friday!

Duly noted.  Aud seemed the kinder abbreviation, but I did vaguely recall this came up once before and you preferred Smell.

Really looking forward to the draft next Friday!

Aud is much kinder, but, being honest, it's more than I deserve (or anyone deserves, really -- I mean: THE AUD, for crissakes). If "Smell" troubles you (it happens to all of us), then you could go with TAS. But PA started in with "Smell" (maybe even Smelly?) a long time ago, and I cottoned to it. It has a locker room comradery aspect to it that I like (or have grown to like).

Same here re: the draft.

Edit: BOOM! Haha - I knew I recalled this from WAY back in the day.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/5973-love-from-sporting-news/?p=41991

Edited by That Aud Smell

Aud is much kinder, but, being honest, it's more than I deserve (or anyone deserves, really -- I mean: THE AUD, for crissakes). If "Smell" troubles you (it happens to all of us), then you could go with TAS. But PA started in with "Smell" (maybe even Smelly?) a long time ago, and I cottoned to it. It has a locker room comradery aspect to it that I like (or have grown to like).

Same here re: the draft.

Edit: BOOM! Haha - I knew I recalled this from WAY back in the day.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/5973-love-from-sporting-news/?p=41991

Oh wow; I thought I remembered a recent conversation about this, but that was quite a while ago!

The NHL schedule will be released on June 25th. Bill Daly snuck it into his statements about the Arizona situation. Said that the schedule is essentially finalized and will be released then.

BS.  I demand a 4 hour long schedule reveal show!

Interesting Piece by Sean Avery......mentions his screening of Broudeur, his hard work, and at times his complete indifference to the players culture. 

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/sean-avery-why-i-retired-life-after-hockey/

"I handled the pressure partly by inventing a character — the tough, ornery Sean Avery that you think you know — and I’d put his game face on before I left for the rink, and I’d take it off when I got home. It was my way of handling all the demands on us to win. And to keep my job. I needed people to hate me. I needed players to come after me in order to stay motivated. Because honestly, playing in the NHL can become stagnant after a few years, especially if you have intellectual interests outside the rink."

I guess we never really appreciated him for his beautiful mind. :) 

Edited by X. Benedict