Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I still don't understand this practice of creating a new jersey for one single game (yes that goes for you too NFL color rush).  Are people really big enough suckers to fall for this? 

Don't answer that one.

I mostly agree, but I also see it as a cool opportunity for some fresh design stuff. 

Then again, it's usually just a built by committee turd of a result. 

I see no difference in the Wild's

Yeah, agreed. I guess don't fix what's not broken? 

Eh, people like to have fun, grumpy pants. Special jerseys are fun.  :P

But when you have the same teams playing in these games over and over now, how many more changes can you make?  Based on those pictures of the Detroit and Chicago ones, I guess I've found my answer.  Detroit has two colors, how many more versions can they come up with?

If you're confused, I can help you figure it out. Just saunter on over here...

Ok coming!

I swear I've seen that jersey 100 times before. Google says it was heir 2013 jeresey, with the stripes in the arms different

Nope. Still not like any home jersey they've worn.

So it's just the away jersey, but green

184632471_slide.jpg

I pointed this one out above. Pretty similar. Similarly awesome, in my opinion. I would love if they made this their home and the white they currently wear stayed. Arm stripe is different.

The reason you probably feel like you've seen it is because it leaked a while back.

Well, the Wild jersey is nice, but I do see why it's been pointed out as being similar to something previously seen. The Wild original home jersey:

http://www.icehockeyjersey.com/assets/images/nhl/wild-dark.jpg

Obviously the striping is different but the jerseys as a whole are hardly radically different.

That's the one I'm thinking of

Well, the Wild jersey is nice, but I do see why it's been pointed out as being similar to something previously seen. The Wild original home jersey:

http://www.icehockeyjersey.com/assets/images/nhl/wild-dark.jpg

Obviously the striping is different but the jerseys as a whole are hardly radically different.

That's the one I'm thinking of

Going by that logic any uniform that uses the primary colors and logos looks the same as the home/away jersey of that team. The design is different. The colors are so exclusive to them that it's going to stand out and reflect them only. That's probably a good thing... Even if it's a bit too Christmas-y.

I still love this look:

cmtwll8wcaalxwp-jpg-large.jpeg

Is that the one your referring to above as the Stadium Series one? Am I the only one that sees a different jersey in the twitter links?

No. That's a separate jersey. Rumor is the North Stars players in the alumni game will wear the yellow version.