Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I remember a play during Sid's rookie year where some player almost decapitated him behind the play. The refs didn't see it so he went and told them "hey jsyk this guy tried to end my career" and, being a phenom, he was on camera at the time, and the Internet exploded with jealous rage declaring Sid to be a whiny brat. No one saw the play when it happened. Lots of players talk to refs as much as he does without getting targeted as much as he does, but they aren't on camera because they aren't the best in the world,

I remember a play during Sid's rookie year where some player almost decapitated him behind the play. The refs didn't see it so he went and told them "hey jsyk this guy tried to end my career" and, being a phenom, he was on camera at the time, and the Internet exploded with jealous rage declaring Sid to be a whiny brat. No one saw the play when it happened. Lots of players talk to refs as much as he does without getting targeted as much as he does, but they aren't on camera because they aren't the best in the world,

This. He did talk to the refs a lot more earlier in his career, and whether or not that was whining, it was certainly perceived to be so. But as said, in the last 6 or so years he has really cut back on that. He talks to the refs no more than any other captain around the league.

People that say he is whining now are showing incredible bias. Specific example: watch Toews during the playoffs, or any time for that matter. Last year in the playoffs, he often had consistent conversation with the refs, and no one says anything. No mention of whining. It is the captain's job to be the player that can converse with the refs from time to time, and that is what most captains do.

Any body catch the Crosby mugging of an Edmonton player in over time?

Should have been a penalty shot, and was seconded by Pens announcers, not just fan biased.

I'm sure Crosby's talk afterward was not constructive to the ref's. The bias is not dead because the fans won't let it die is not completely accurate.

B-e-a-utiful. Brought me back to Gerbe's goal vs. Philly. And Kane's against Detroit when Chicago was down late in the 3rd trying to extend their season opening winning streak 

Edited by WildCard

B-e-a-utiful. Brought me back to Gerbe's goal vs. Philly. And Kane's against Detroit when Chicago was down late in the 3rd trying to extend their season opening winning streak

I said it when it happened and I'll say it again. Gerbe's goal was 90% luck. He doesn't even look where he's shooting it. At least Malkin snuck a peak.

Edited by inkman

I love that Dallas team this year.  Seguin, Benn, Spezza and Klingman are a marvel.   Truth in advertising: I have Seguin on one fantasy team and Benn on the other.  One is always lighting the lamp and the other is assisting.  Love it during 3-3 because it is almost guaranteed points.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tortorella-calls-penguins-a-bunch-of-whiners/

Tortorella is just getting warmed up, he certainly gives you a bit of entertainment :P

“We’re not going to whine here. Pittsburgh can whine,” the Blue Jackets coach told reporters. “Pittsburgh whines enough for the whole league, so there’s no room for any other team to whine. We just go about our business.”

Edited by Huckleberry