Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I'm waiting for the McDavid suspension news. 

Come on NHL. Do you want to put a target on his head as a "favored player"? 

Was just thinking the same thing as I was posting it.    If the NHL let him get away with that I can see players from opposing teams targeting him.

And I don't know who edmonton has who can protect him.   Atleast we got Girgensons, Foligno, Bogo, Deslauriers.

Talking about Mcdavid, Kaleta got banned from the NHL for a hit like that :D

2 game suspension worthy for me.

Oh man, that is phone call worthy.

Was just thinking the same thing as I was posting it.    If the NHL let him get away with that I can see players from opposing teams targeting him.

And I don't know who edmonton has who can protect him.   Atleast we got Girgensons, Foligno, Bogo, Deslauriers.

Luke Gazdik.  The consensus heavyweight champ in the league last season.

There are a handful of players for whom the refs swallow their whistle on that play, I guess the rookie next one is among them.

This won't work out well for him in the long run.  If he starts playing dirty with others, others will play dirty with him.

There is nothing in that McDavid hit that is not suspension worthy.  I was surprised that no one tried to light him up right after the hit (or I missed it).

Ridiculous by any measure.

Are you kidding? There's all sorts of (NHL-logic) reasons that hit is non-suspension worthy (combined, the reasons probably make it non-phone call worthy).

1. No past history of any sort of misconduct in ANY of his NHL games prior to this. Clearly, he did not mean to hit him in the back.

2. Being only 18, he forgot that an NHL sweater doesn't have a 'stop sign' on it indicating to not hit Oduya there.

3. Clearly, :rolleyes: Oduya was in the process of turning up ice, realized McJesus was about to hit him in the shoulder and stopped turning so he could get hit in the back and propel himself into the boards.

4. Had 3 not been true, Oduya would have been injured on the play. No injury, no intent.

5. You have any idea how many forkin' '97 sweaters have already been sold? YOU want to slow the gravy train?

6. He'd only thrown 1 hit prior to this in his ENTIRE NHL career, clearly, contact was accidental.

Need any more justification? :p

Are you kidding? There's all sorts of (NHL-logic) reasons that hit is non-suspension worthy (combined, the reasons probably make it non-phone call worthy).

1. No past history of any sort of misconduct in ANY of his NHL games prior to this. Clearly, he did not mean to hit him in the back.

2. Being only 18, he forgot that an NHL sweater doesn't have a 'stop sign' on it indicating to not hit Oduya there.

3. Clearly, :rolleyes: Oduya was in the process of turning up ice, realized McJesus was about to hit him in the shoulder and stopped turning so he could get hit in the back and propel himself into the boards.

4. Had 3 not been true, Oduya would have been injured on the play. No injury, no intent.

5. You have any idea how many forkin' '97 sweaters have already been sold? YOU want to slow the gravy train?

6. He'd only thrown 1 hit prior to this in his ENTIRE NHL career, clearly, contact was accidental.

Need any more justification? :P

Well done!

You forgot the main reason. It was clearly Oduya's fault. Oduya should only feel happy  lucky  blessed  that Connor McJesus touched him.  :P

So, am I the only one who saw a seasoned vet Dman trying to get a call? Coulda been boarding, but not more than that.

EDIT: sorry, just read Taro's post. I'm not the only one.

RE-EDIT:sorry again. I'm at work and didn't see the (NHL-logic) statement. I really don't think it was that big a deal and deserves no suspension. Oduya tried to sell it.

Edited by SwampD

This won't work out well for him in the long run.  If he starts playing dirty with others, others will play dirty with him.

That was my first thought.  If McJesus wants to play that way some grown ass men will oblige him.

You forgot the main reason. It was clearly Oduya's fault. Oduya should only feel happy  lucky  blessed  that Connor McJesus touched him.  :P

hahaha

Well done.

Should have been a penalty. Nothing more.

Sliding scale:

- McDavid, Crosby, etc.: look at that super star showing some grit.

- Pominville, Toews, a Staal: that doesn't look good, but that's not a dirty player so it must have been an accident

- Ott, Marchand, Dorsett: that dirty SOB, he should get 10 games

- Kaleta, Avery, John Scott: I hope you like the AHL for the rest of your life