Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Really not in the mood to rehash the trade and the value involved--I only said anything at all because you apparently think Neuvrith is good. He's a career .912 SV% player, Lehner is at .917 (with way too small of a sample to project this out, but that's where it is right now). I hated the trade, but whatever, I'm so over it.

Good, we where both on the exact same page. Mine was tired late night (to me) sarcasm. I read your previous  post as sarcasm back, laughed and went to bed.  I read this the next day and think , uh oh, only one of us was a tired sarcastic jackass.

Edited by Woods-Racer

If we've learned anything from last season, it's that in the right system in today's NHL, any goaltender can be brilliant for stretches, and if not they can definitely be serviceable. Is Johnson, or Lehner for that matter, the answer? Maybe not, but there's only 5 or so truly elite goalies in the league, then there are everyone else. Basically the NHL goaltender talent pool is the equivalent of an NFL QB. The position worth is undeniably different, but the talent spread is the same

I'd just quibble a bit and say that the gulf between the top and bottom of goaltending talent  is a lot smaller than NFL QBs. Would you consider Crawford elite?

Edited by bob_sauve28

Good, we where both on the exact same page. Mine was tired late night (to me) sarcasm. I read your previous post as sarcasm back, laughed and went to bed. I read this the next day and think , uh oh, only one of us was a tired sarcastic jackass.

Man, I can't believe I missed the sarcasm in your original post. It's pretty obvious now. And I don't even have the tired excuse, I was perfectly wide awake :lol:

There would be a national uproar and military reprisal if the Next One was inferred to have done anything ungodlike.  The nation would amass along the border and stampede like Khan's hordes into the heartland.  It would take minutes to quell the chaos. 

secretly-canadian-these-tech-honchos-are

They know better.

So the death of scoring has continued early on this season... I know it's super early (one week in) but here's a comparison to last year's pace:

This year: 260 goals in 49 games which translates to 5.3 goals per game.

Last year: 295 goals in 50 games which translates to 5.9 goals per game.

Sigh.

So the death of scoring has continued early on this season... I know it's super early (one week in) but here's a comparison to last year's pace:

This year: 260 goals in 49 games which translates to 5.3 goals per game.

Last year: 295 goals in 50 games which translates to 5.9 goals per game.

Sigh.

I think there is a bit more parity this year, and no obvious reason to tank.

I think there is a bit more parity this year, and no obvious reason to tank.

I don't know what that has to do with the NHL's scoring pace. What are you getting at? (Also, Auston Matthews is an obvious reason to tank but the new lottery rules may make it harder).

Also - Arizona is going to get their first loss tonight it seems bit man that team should be pumped about its future. They're calling Duclair and Domi the "Killer Ds" (which is Killed Dumb as hell). Duclair has four goals and Domi three already on the young season. Martin Hanzal has seven assists already.

Edited by Hoss

I don't know what that has to do with the NHL's scoring pace. What are you getting at? (Also, Auston Matthews is an obvious reason to tank but the new lottery rules may make it harder).

Also - Arizona is going to get their first loss tonight it seems bit man that team should be pumped about its future. They're calling Duclair and Domi the "Killer Ds" (which is Killed Dumb as hell). Duclair has four goals and Domi three already on the young season. Martin Hanzal has seven assists already.

Darcy is a genius. 

:P

More teams are evenly matched which will limit offensive oportunities for both teams.  Icing a hollow shell like we did last year is no longer smart, as the payoff odds.have decreased.  Less disparity in talent will lead to tighter games and less scoring overall.  

It is a shame about a player like Franzen experiencing this situation again.  He's at an age where he's won a cup and while ending your career via injury is a terrible injustice on your career, you do need to weigh that versus your ability for future health.

It is a shame about a player like Franzen experiencing this situation again.  He's at an age where he's won a cup and while ending your career via injury is a terrible injustice on your career, you do need to weigh that versus your ability for future health.

Especially that type of injury. Do not want another Montador Seau situation.