Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

The could be tanking for the one generation removed local kid Tkachuk. :doh:

Anyone think the Bruins would part with Krug?  He's on a one year deal looking for a long term deal after the season.  Also a left handed shot which we could use.  If Bruins are rebuilding they may not want to do a long term contract with alot of money tied up in Krug.

Anyone think the Bruins would part with Krug?  He's on a one year deal looking for a long term deal after the season.  Also a left handed shot which we could use.  If Bruins are rebuilding they may not want to do a long term contract with alot of money tied up in Krug.

It would take a hefty overpay.  I don't see him as a piece they'd want to move just because.  Krug, Pastrnak and Bergeron are pretty much non-starters I would think. 

Eric Boulton signs for another year on the Island. Garth Snow had me worried there for a second, thought he'd lost his mind and become throughly competent...

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/islanders-eric-boulton-agrees-to-one-year-deal-with-isles/

Side note, and this probably deserves to be a thread for July when everyone's dying of boredom, but he is probably one of my least-favorite former Sabres players ever. Nobody will ever top Gilmour on that scale for me, but Boulton's up there. How has he possibly lasted this long in this league?

Edited by Sabres79

Eric Boulton signs for another year on the Island. Garth Snow had me worried there for a second, thought he'd lost his mind and become throughly competent...

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/islanders-eric-boulton-agrees-to-one-year-deal-with-isles/

Side note, and this probably deserves to be a thread for July when everyone's dying of boredom, but he is probably one of my least-favorite former Sabres players ever. Nobody will ever top Gilmour on that scale for me, but Boulton's up there. How has he possibly lasted this long in this league?

Why hate on Eric Boulton? Terrific 4th line grinder enforcer type. Never did much in a Sabres uni or thereafter to make anyone hate him. Do you just think he's ugly?

Why hate on Eric Boulton? Terrific 4th line grinder enforcer type. Never did much in a Sabres uni or thereafter to make anyone hate him. Do you just think he's ugly?

I'm amazed that he's still playing at 39.  Actually, I'm amazed he's only 39.  It feels like he has been gone for 15+ years.

Awfully fond of the cheap shot. In particular, he steamrolled Sekera from behind while with the Devils, maybe 4-5 years ago? Promptly turtled on McCormick as well in the aftermath IIRC. Garbage player. Didn't like it when he wore the Sabres sweater either.

Could skate in a straight line like the wind, though. I'll say one positive thing.

Awfully fond of the cheap shot. In particular, he steamrolled Sekera from behind while with the Devils, maybe 4-5 years ago? Promptly turtled on McCormick as well in the aftermath IIRC. Garbage player. Didn't like it when he wore the Sabres sweater either.

Could skate in a straight line like the wind, though. I'll say one positive thing.

He's a kitten compared to Lucic and some of his ilk. I understand though.

McDavid just blindsided Oduya from behind into the boards on a really dangerous and stupid hit. It should've been boarding, and a talking to

I know it's early, and the Stars are good, but the Oilers still look like the same team they have for the last 4 years

McDavid just blindsided Oduya from behind into the boards on a really dangerous and stupid hit. It should've been boarding, and a talking to

I know it's early, and the Stars are good, but the Oilers still look like the same team they have for the last 4 years

I think they'll be much improved when all is said and done, but I think what's really hurting them right now is forward depth--their bottom six is, to put it mildly, less than ideal.

I think they'll be much improved when all is said and done, but I think what's really hurting them right now is forward depth--their bottom six is, to put it mildly, less than ideal.

No doubt that's true, but even the top 6 looks exactly the same. Can't get it out of their zone, bad through the neutral zone, no possession time in the offensive zone, and messing up 2 vs 1's

No doubt that's true, but even the top 6 looks exactly the same. Can't get it out of their zone, bad through the neutral zone, no possession time in the offensive zone, and messing up 2 vs 1's

Losing Eberle was huge and McDavid is adjusting. Speaking of McDavid, even if it takes a bit more time for him than expected, he's still a huge upgrade over their 2C last season (he who shall not be named). I think they're probably one of the teams I'm going to follow this year out of pure curiosity.