Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

So they go after Lucic for targeting the head there? It wasn't a punch it was a flying elbow. The whole targeting the head thing confuses me sometimes when they willingly let people punch each other in the face.

If I just dumped Milan the way Logan just did, I'm sure as hell going to be more ready than that for retaliation. My stick would be the first thing to greet his face.

I'd like to know from everyone on this board their opinions on the longevity of 2 NHL aspects; note, I already know most of your stances, I'm kind of just looking for how long you think they'll last

1) The NHL-Penalty calling drought

2) The Coach's challenge

I'd like to know from everyone on this board their opinions on the longevity of 2 NHL aspects; note, I already know most of your stances, I'm kind of just looking for how long you think they'll last

2) The Coach's challenge

1) As long as Bettman is in the White House.

2) It's gone at the end of this season.

2) The Coach's challenge

1) Until the majority of the "old guard" is no longer in decision making roles for the league and teams. It'll be awhile.

2) I think it sticks...with tweaks. I'd expect they streamline the process to make the stoppage more like a timeout and/or increase the disincentive for use.

1) Until the majority of the "old guard" is no longer in decision making roles for the league and teams. It'll be awhile.

2) I think it sticks...with tweaks. I'd expect they streamline the process to make the stoppage more like a timeout and/or increase the disincentive for use.

Yep to both.

They only went away from "letting 'em play" due to a massive (and unseen prior or since) shock to the system.

Extremely small sample size, but it's interesting that in nearly 20% of the games the officials were going to allow a potentially game changing goal that they blew & the coaches got right. It certainly will drop, but if that ends up north of 5%, the league has some soul searching to do.