Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

More teams are evenly matched which will limit offensive oportunities for both teams. Icing a hollow shell like we did last year is no longer smart, as the payoff odds.have decreased. Less disparity in talent will lead to tighter games and less scoring overall.

I don't think a single offseason is going to suddenly make what we did last year a bad or less successful plan. I think more teams being evenly matched would make more incentive for a team to tank.

I don't think I've ever seen both skates.  :lol:

Wow I just noticed that on my 28th viewing. I still want to know if the red player passed the puck while holding a stick that was stuck in a blade. Or if the green player kicked his leg and managed to pass the puck to his teammate.

Wow I just noticed that on my 28th viewing. I still want to know if the red player passed the puck while holding a stick that was stuck in a blade. Or if the green player kicked his leg and managed to pass the puck to his teammate.

You just noticed that? PA, that is literally the point of the video  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by WildCard

I don't think a single offseason is going to suddenly make what we did last year a bad or less successful plan. I think more teams being evenly matched would make more incentive for a team to tank.

There is a major change between last year's lottery and this years as you know.  The point is finishing DFL doesn't guarantee you #2 anymore.  Thus the payoff is less.  I am not arguing what we did wasn't successful, it was.  But trying to replicate that is less certain.  Thus it is more logical to ice a better team for other reasons, i.e. fan support, player development, because you can't guaranty finishing low get's the top pick.   

There is a major change between last year's lottery and this years as you know.  The point is finishing DFL doesn't guarantee you #2 anymore.  Thus the payoff is less.  I am not arguing what we did wasn't successful, it was.  But trying to replicate that is less certain.  Thus it is more logical to ice a better team for other reasons, i.e. fan support, player development, because you can't guaranty finishing low get's the top pick.   

Tanking isn't about the first overall pick. There's more risk and less chance of a high reward in tanking, but I don't believe this will kill tanking completely. I don't see teams doing it exactly as we did the last two seasons, but you will see teams selling off pieces as the season goes on if they're slipping in the standings. Regardless of the way the lottery is losing still increases your chances at potential franchise-changer Auston Matthews.

I agree that there is less of a chance, but I don't think it's suddenly a bad idea. If you tank you get a higher pick regardless of whether it's first or fourth.

With that said - I obviously am not endorsing this plan for the Buffalo Sabres. The tanking is over. For other teams like Boston, New Jersey, Carolina, Toronto and (eventually) Arizona? We'll see. I expect Boston will end up shipping out some pieces in order to get the best shot possible at the American superstar.

Tanking isn't about the first overall pick. There's more risk and less chance of a high reward in tanking, but I don't believe this will kill tanking completely. I don't see teams doing it exactly as we did the last two seasons, but you will see teams selling off pieces as the season goes on if they're slipping in the standings. Regardless of the way the lottery is losing still increases your chances at potential franchise-changer Auston Matthews.

I agree that there is less of a chance, but I don't think it's suddenly a bad idea. If you tank you get a higher pick regardless of whether it's first or fourth.

With that said - I obviously am not endorsing this plan for the Buffalo Sabres. The tanking is over. For other teams like Boston, New Jersey, Carolina, Toronto and (eventually) Arizona? We'll see. I expect Boston will end up shipping out some pieces in order to get the best shot possible at the American superstar.

We may be in the sweepstakes anyway by the mere fact that we have a young inexperienced team with a goaltending hole.  

We may be in the sweepstakes anyway by the mere fact that we have a young inexperienced team with a goaltending hole.

I think that'll be a bonus and not by design, but I agree. I see this team finishing in the bottom seven or so in the league (picked them for 8th in the preseason but only because I didn't want to go against them).

This should be a deep draft so that's good news for us.

Is it possible that Samson Reinhart is named after Jaromir Jagr's mullet?

His mullet is nicknamed Samson and was a trademark throughout the 90s while

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Jaromir%2BJagr%2Bcut%2Bhis%2Bmullet%252c%2Bnamed%2BSamson%252c%2Bafter%2Bthe%2B1998%252f99%2Bseason%2Bfor%2Bhis%2Bthen%2Bgirlfriend&id=563145

Sam's father Paul never played with Jagr. He was leaving the league as Jaromir was going in, so they likely didn't have a close connection... But that would be a funny story.

Is it possible that Samson Reinhart is named after Jaromir Jagr's mullet?

His mullet is nicknamed Samson and was a trademark throughout the 90s while

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Jaromir%2BJagr%2Bcut%2Bhis%2Bmullet%252c%2Bnamed%2BSamson%252c%2Bafter%2Bthe%2B1998%252f99%2Bseason%2Bfor%2Bhis%2Bthen%2Bgirlfriend&id=563145

Sam's father Paul never played with Jagr. He was leaving the league as Jaromir was going in, so they likely didn't have a close connection... But that would be a funny story.

2456302.jpg