Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

If true, that can't make Lombardi happy.

Any word on what's heading back the other way?

Lombardi can't be too surprised about it though.  He had to know Boston would probably send him somewhere else given their current goalie situation.  You open the door for Jones to be sent to a close rival when you trade him to a team that doesn't need a goalie.

Lombardi can't be too surprised about it though.  He had to know Boston would probably send him somewhere else given their current goalie situation.  You open the door for Jones to be sent to a close rival when you trade him to a team that doesn't need a goalie.

True.

Hamilton is nearing a 6-year deal with Calgary.

Under $6M... The Bruins make an awesome move in the Jones deal but then we're reminded of this disaster. They really couldn't pay him that?

Edited by Hoss

Under $6M... The Bruins make an awesome move in the Jones deal but then we're reminded of this disaster. They really couldn't pay him that?

My only thought on that trade is they wanted the ammo to move up to get into the top 5 and failed. They still made the worst out of a bad situation with some highly questionable picks.

They didn't want to pay him that. Because he's an "uppity" kid.

No, really. They even leaked that to the media.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/104965/20150629/calgary-flames-rumors-dougie-hamilton-dealt-because-he-was-disliked-by-bruins-teammates-hamilton-a-loner-and-uppity-kid.htm

They didn't want to pay him that. Because he's an "uppity" kid.

No, really. They even leaked that to the media.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/104965/20150629/calgary-flames-rumors-dougie-hamilton-dealt-because-he-was-disliked-by-bruins-teammates-hamilton-a-loner-and-uppity-kid.htm

I don't buy it. If that's the case Sweeny may really be in line for taking the mantle from Garth Snow two years back; especially as Snow has definitely stepped down from there with last season and his draft moves this year

Merge it with the boobs thread, and we got a stew goin'.

Why would you ruin a perfectly good thread?

Boston is entertaining at least.  See kids.. this is how you don't play GM in the NHL.

He supposedly asked for 9M.  I love Giordano, but god for 9M at 31, that's just gross.  It's one thing with a 23-24 year old PK Subban.  But, Giordano has an injury history and while he is as important to their future success in the near future as Sean Monahan, his cap hit will limit their ability to resign Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett, and possibly guys like Bouma resigned. 

He supposedly asked for 9M. I love Giordano, but god for 9M at 31, that's just gross. It's one thing with a 23-24 year old PK Subban. But, Giordano has an injury history and while he is as important to their future success in the near future as Sean Monahan, his cap hit will limit their ability to resign Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett, and possibly guys like Bouma resigned.

This is where I'm at. Huge Gio fan, but that money and term is not a wise investment.