Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I want to say thanks also.  I went in a found Joe Theismans'.  Not sure why I settle on him, maybe the LT play; I don't know.   What a great read.

My favorite line from Doc Gooden's; "Take a moment to thank the Lord that social media will not exist during your playing career. The entire ‘86 Mets team probably would have been locked up."

Shannan's was good too.

Edited by wjag

Noah Hanifin signed his entry-level deal with the Canes. Marner is the last of the unsigned top-five. Hanifin signing has surprised some who thought he would go back to college.

Wow, BC guys almost never leave before their junior year.  I can only think of one, but he was a bust and left for major junior.  That and I think it's a much tougher road for a teenage defenseman.

Edited by shrader

The Ducks get Stewart on a great contract for them. Stewart at 1 year and less than $2 mil would have been a great addition for the Sabres. 

Do think murray wanted him, because he said so at the draft they were talking to a 3rd line RW.   But us having to take on an extra body with legwand might have screwed us over a bit.

Was thinking the other day about guys on the team who could protect the kids, Deslauriers , maybe Foligno were the only two that come to mind.   For that alone i would have loved stewart.

Do think murray wanted him, because he said so at the draft they were talking to a 3rd line RW.   But us having to take on an extra body with legwand might have screwed us over a bit.

Was thinking the other day about guys on the team who could protect the kids, Deslauriers , maybe Foligno were the only two that come to mind.   For that alone i would have loved stewart.

Another drawback to shipping off Zadorov as well. Evander Kane seems like he can throw'em pretty well though. Plus if McCormick recovers and makes the roster, he's always willing to step in.

I also forgot Weber. He may not be very good at fighting, but he's willing to.

I also forgot Weber. He may not be very good at fighting, but he's willing to.

Yeah, got to admire Weber for that. He'll get his butt handed to him, but he'll keep coming back. 

my dog keeps trying to eat ###### even thou i spray him with a hose when he tries...... but I don't admire him for it.

I honestly did not see that one coming.  :lol:

So what do they do about a good No.1 then?

My dogs mark everything, then go roll is some dead animal so they can't be tracked. I think it just smells good so they eat it...

there is a lot of theories about the why. ranging from smells/tastes good all the way to lacking certain nutrients in the diet

Penguins said to be for sale, with an expected sale price of ~$700-$850M

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/penguins-sale-could-fetch--850-million--bid-expected-soon-133441626.html

That's a far cry from the $175M (+$14M in assumed debt) that Pegula paid for the Sabres in late 2010/early 2011.

Penguins said to be for sale, with an expected sale price of ~$700-$850M

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/penguins-sale-could-fetch--850-million--bid-expected-soon-133441626.html

That's a far cry from the $175M (+$14M in assumed debt) that Pegula paid for the Sabres in late 2010/early 2011.

Mario cashing in his chips.