Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

This is where I'm at. Huge Gio fan, but that money and term is not a wise investment.

They added Hamilton, Kylingon and Andersson.  They added young quality depth.  They still have Russell to resign as well.  As with you that kind of investment makes 0 sense.

Edited by TheCerebral1

Nick Kypreos@RealKyper 3m3 minutes ago

#Flames Giordano now eligible to sign #NHL extension. Hearing starting point on max term is 72m over 8 years.

Giordano is 31 so if this is accurate that would be insane money and term for his age. However it could free up another defender like TJ Bordie for instance.

They got Hamilton and Brodie on super cheap deals which allows them to overpay their captain.

Sabres aside, teams like Calgary and Columbus have done a great job improving themselves. Hamilton and Saad are the steals of the off-season so far. With the Sabres, there are a group of young teams like Columbus, Calagary and possibly the Oliers that look to be  a couple of years away from being the next Chicago, LA, Boston & Pittsburgh at the top of the NHL. We are right at the cusp of  major shift power shift in the NHL. Chicago will still be elite, Pittsburgh & LA are gearing up for final runs at the Cup and Boston, well, after the Hamilton trade I have know idea what's going on there. You can really feel the NHL landscape about to change

Edited by DeLuca1967

Sabres aside, teams like Calgary and Columbus have done a great job improving themselves. Hamilton and Saad are the steals of the off-season so far. With the Sabres, there are a group of young teams like Columbus, Calagary and possibly the Oliers that look to be  a couple of years away from being the next Chicago, LA, Boston & Pittsburgh at the top of the NHL. We are right at the cusp of  major shift power shift in the NHL. Chicago will still be elite, Pittsburgh & LA are gearing up for final runs at the Cup and Boston, well, after the Hamilton trade I have know idea what's going on there. You can really feel the NHL landscape about to change

Well said. I would add Tampa, Florida, the Isles, Preds and Sens as teams whose futures are looking bright. My expectations are tempered by the fact that we will be a young team at crucial positions. I am willing to accept the inevitable growing pains. But I am also looking forward to entertaining hockey and the promise of the young talent meeting or exceeding expectations. 

We will be much more entertaining to watch. Sabrès fans will rally around this team and help it grow into something special.

The Leafs are behind us in the rebuild but the rivalry will pick up if their Smurfs (Nylander, Marner, Kapanen, Bracco) ever amount to anything. Maybe Nolan can join Babcovk's staff to mentor the Pee-Wees.

Karmanos kept him around for 20 years, so what does that say about him as an owner if he's not crazy about the guy?  But hey, that's the kind of stuff that gets you into the HoF.

Karmanos kept him around for 20 years, so what does that say about him as an owner if he's not crazy about the guy?  But hey, that's the kind of stuff that gets you into the HoF.

HOF owner - He shouldn't be based on what he did to Hartford!  That'd be like making Bill Bidwell a HOF owner because he brought a team to Phoenix...